Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
The future IS more important than this race. Are we really arguing that setting us up for a true cup window is less important than hoping we win 8 of our last 9 to squeek into the playoffs and get bounced by Boston?

I want the streak to end too but if I have the ability to end the streak this year OR make us contenders for the next 6-10 but miss this year, it is no contest.

unless we end up in the Metro division as a WC. Then we don't face Boston until the ECF

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
2 are Edwards and Barrasso. Who are the other 5?

I dont remember all. Puppa, and Noranen were two others. I think Houser was one as well.
Edwards
Barrasso
Puppa
Noronen
Houser
UPL
Shields

Interesting, on WGR they said that 59 goalies have made their first NHL start for the Sabres and only 7 of them have won. Sheesh.
59 goalies have made starts for Buffalo. Not made their first NHL starts so that's incorrect. Guys like Crozier, Malarchuk, and Fuhr also won their first starts with the Sabres.

Buffalo Sabres ‑ Goalies All‑Time NHL Leaders

Last edited:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Based on what? At least we have beaten Boston this year, the same can't be said for Carolina. They play the perfect game to counter us.

Based on Boston is a hell of a lot better and Carolina has lost Svechnikov. You’re basing it on we beat Boston once? I guess you’ve missed those past couple Sabres v. Bruins games.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
His enthusiasm is infectious. I was smiling throughout the interview. I really hope he has a memorable and successful first game.
This team has given up 4.42 goals against per game this month and he hasn't played a game in 20 days.

I hope he does well. But, I am tempering my expectations given where the team is, the firepower the Rangers have, how ticked the Rangers are going to be after how last night's game went, and how long it has been since he has played a game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Rachel and Joe talk about how regimented Levi is with his process (sleep, visualization, game day routine, etc) and it makes me wonder if making the adjustment from college to pro might be a bit more of a challenge as the pro schedule is significantly different than college where most weeks it is games on Friday and Saturday.

He obviously needs to learn the speed of the game and stuff like that. But, learning how to adjust his process will be a part of the learning curve, as well.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Based on Boston is a hell of a lot better and Carolina has lost Svechnikov. You’re basing it on we beat Boston once? I guess you’ve missed those past couple Sabres v. Bruins games.
I am basing what on the fact that we beat Boston once? We get shit kicked by either Boston or Carolina. It doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I wasn't really amping up for this, even after he was signed. But, now that he was announced starter I'm pretty stoked to see him defend the net. Hoping he does have a great game. It's a lot of pressure, not just your first game but you've got tons of friends/fam/teammates in the stands too. That adds a lot.

He seems like a player that can handle it though.

WGR chatting for a few days like this is his net assuming he plays well starting in 2023-2024. Most of us here assume time in the AHL is surely needed though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
WGR chatting for a few days like this is his net assuming he plays well starting in 2023-2024. Most of us here assume time in the AHL is surely needed though.
The hype is at stupid high levels for a guy that has 0 games of pro experience and less than 100 games played above Jr A.

Capture.PNG

Ryan Miller had a lot more experience prior to his first pro start and he needed a significant amount of time in the AHL until he stuck in the NHL.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Again, Boston is the much better team. Not hard to get.
Again, what does it matter if they are both better than us to the point we are likely to get swept? You originally challenged my post because I said we were likely to be swept by Boston if we made it in and you said we corrected me and said we could face carolina. If we are likely to be swept anyway, then it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wasn't really amping up for this, even after he was signed. But, now that he was announced starter I'm pretty stoked to see him defend the net. Hoping he does have a great game. It's a lot of pressure, not just your first game but you've got tons of friends/fam/teammates in the stands too. That adds a lot.

He seems like a player that can handle it though.

:facepalm: They approach the NHL like it's the NFL. Granted, so does a lot of WNY...

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
:facepalm: They approach the NHL like it's the NFL. Granted, so does a lot of WNY...
I'm convinced that most WNY fans who are on the more casual side of Sabres fandom - which is likely the majority and includes WGR hosts -don't understand hockey's development process, the development process for goalies in particular, and how contracts work so differently than football - especially no movement clauses and the waiver process e.g don't like a particular player? Simple - waive him.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad