Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
We’re not making the playoffs. I get the hope but realistically it’s like 1% at this point.

Agreed. It's tricky because it looks like it would be a bit higher than that. But with the loser points that accumulate, it really puts a wrench into the optics of climbing up the standings.

To even have a look at it they would have to go 5-0 in the next 5 games. AND have NYI/Pit/Flo all play .500 hockey at best.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The hype is at stupid high levels for a guy that has 0 games of pro experience and less than 100 games played above Jr A.

View attachment 679200

Ryan Miller had a lot more experience prior to his first pro start and he needed a significant amount of time in the AHL until he stuck in the NHL.
Maybe that’s wasted time when Miller could’ve been helping the Sabres.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Mil
Maybe that’s wasted time when Miller could’ve been helping the Sabres.
Miller was very raw when he arrived. He struggled due to poor positioning and overcommitting to shooters. He needed that time to adjust.

It is super rare for a kid to come in and dominate as a goalie, but we will see.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Again, what does it matter if they are both better than us to the point we are likely to get swept? You originally challenged my post because I said we were likely to be swept by Boston if we made it in and you said we corrected me and said we could face carolina. If we are likely to be swept anyway, then it doesn't matter.

The point being we are a lot less likely to get swept by Carolina than Boston because Boston IS A MUCH BETTER TEAM than Carolina is. So, yes again. I believe the Sabres definitely could win a game against Carolina. I believe they wouldn’t against Boston.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
The point being we are a lot less likely to get swept by Carolina than Boston because Boston IS A MUCH BETTER TEAM than Carolina is. So, yes again. I believe the Sabres definitely could win a game against Carolina. I believe they wouldn’t against Boston.
This despite our season record against both saying otherwise? Okay, you be you.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've been notably out on and uninterested in the Sabres for a few years and will mostly continue to be until they prove they truly warrant paying attention (e.g. a playoff appearance). But I watched tonight and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that this felt like a moment and truly the beginning of something. Special.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Very sound technically and good tracking of the puck in his debut, will work on things like rebound control, covering up the puck, etc.

I love how he read the play blindly here through the screen, zen goaltending

Last edited:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
i was surprised by how settled in Levi seemed in his first start. usually with rookie goalies there is a bit of a jittery vibe to their first bunch of games. there definitely was a tiny bit of that but i don’t think it ever took him out of position. he didn’t really get beat on either GA. one was a weird bounce from a rebound that kakko made an insane play on batting the puck out of the air. the other was just a loose puck that got hacked in by the only guy that could find it.

curious to see how this kid pans out. careers aren’t made off one start, but i don’t see any reason why levi can’t develop into the answer for the sabres in net. fingers crossed. it’s been way too long since we’ve had a reliable #1 goalie

Reactions: oldgoalie

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Special player, no doubt having him in a lineup gave the boys some jump. He looked confident and made big saves when the team needed them. He has a special presence for a goalie, so excited to see what the future holds for him.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Not every rookie has the kind of hype and pressure that Levi is getting right now. The goalie position is a different beast. Just look at Ryan Miller literally crying in his locker while being interviewed by reporters following a blowout loss as a rookie.

There is a potential downside to throwing Levi out there, especially at home, behind this team while the team is still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

There is upside, but there is a downside, as well.

Dodged a bullet

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad