Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
One is hurt and they can carry as many players as they want.
Also the chance to practice with real NHL players, face shots, and see how a professional org works day-to-day. He got a glimpse back in the prospects camp but now with actual players and practices. Would be extremely valuable, IMO.

Not to mention, the paycheck would be nice. :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also the chance to practice with real NHL players, face shots, and see how a professional org works day-to-day. He got a glimpse back in the prospects camp but now with actual players and practices. Would be extremely valuable, IMO.

Not to mention, the paycheck would be nice. :)

All true. There was some comment that Bloom was a sponge during his Amerk ATO even though he didn’t see any games. I would expect the same from Levi and more.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Exactly. Kevin Weeks has a ton of credibility too, but folks on here start throwing holy water at him, hoping he'll melt away when he reports anything about the Sabres.

The fact that Buffalo is trying to trade UPL is a good thing, and Weeks shouldn't be attacked for putting his reputation on the line when he reports it. He benefits nothing at all from lying about UPL's name being out there.
These guys hear all sorts of stuff. In the Sabres case it rarely if ever come from us. It’s from one side of the equation. This idea that any thing these guys say definitively proves or disproves anything is nuts.

Many of you are taking statements from these “insiders” and hearing what you want to hear to confirm your priors. These statements usually say very little that’s definitive (by design). They also don’t dispel things. Again by design.

Last edited:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Chad's said pretty much the same for whatever that means

more

I don't believe that they don't like UPL. They just accept that he needs the crease to develop and it can be painful. If they didn't like him, they could have sent him back down to Roch.

Levi can be something very special. Like Hasek, Brodeur, or Roy special. They can like both UPL and Levi at the same time.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So Chad is confirming what credibility-less Weeks said about UPL.
I think fans can read between the tea leaves with UPL. I think we were all a little shocked when Anderson was brought back, Comrie was added and they said UPL "just needs to play" and started in Rochester. I'm in the boat if they can get something nice for him, cool. If someone is offering an Asplund type package, I'd rather keep him and keep working with him as the talent is there.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I don't believe that they don't like UPL. They just accept that he needs the crease to develop and it can be painful. If they didn't like him, they could have sent him back down to Roch.

Levi can be something very special. Like Hasek, Brodeur, or Roy special. They can like both UPL and Levi at the same time.
Yep.

It’s funny to hear they don’t like him. Not too long ago they decided to carry 3 goalies and sent Vinny down to ensure he stays up.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think fans can read between the tea leaves with UPL. I think we were all a little shocked when Anderson was brought back, Comrie was added and they said UPL "just needs to play" and started in Rochester. I'm in the boat if they can get something nice for him, cool. If someone is offering an Asplund type package, I'd rather keep him and keep working with him as the talent is there.
What?

A goalie who wasn’t NHL ready starting in the AHL was as predictable as the sun rising.

And the full statement was (paraphrasing) UPL needed to play. It don’t matter whether in the NHL or AHL. He needs to play. Obviously thats from a development pov.

Anderson was brought back as not only a goalie but a team leader and mentor. He spends many TV time outs going to the bench and talking with the dmen or the team in general.

No need to make this more dramatic than the mundane situation it was.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I hate how he asks himself a question and then gives a vague answer. Does it all the time. Hamilton does this too and drives me crazy.
Talking head syndrome. These guys need to fill a lot of airtime with very little information or content.

As much as Brain Duff grates on my nerves, I respect that he and Biron actually produce a show and prep for the hour. Even when they have guests on, they at least have questions prepared.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Adams make a significant goalie move in the off season. I think part of his calculus for both Johnson and Levi was to not make any huge moves that could be seen as blocking the path.

I think it’s crazy to go all in at the franchise level on a collegiate goalie. I like Levi but he’s still only in the NCAA. It’s going to take time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Adams signed both Johnson and Levi, then pulled the trigger in the off season on a goalie like Saros.

Saros would be an amazing add
This Saros stuff has really grown legs and I haven't really seen anything to convince me he is available. Makes no sense for Nashville.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The whole drama thing here makes you wonder what the reputation is with some agents (who feed the insiders) out there and what they are telling their clients about the franchise. If they F this up and another player were not allowed to talk about I may give up.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
And he'll get it if and when it is clear the Sabres are out of the playoff picture. If I were to guess a signing window, it would be whenever the sabres are even in games played with the rest of the wildcard pack.
The sabres are the only team in the hunt who finishes the season 4/14. All others finish by 4/13. The Islanders actually finish 4/12 and the sabres play both 4/13 and 4/14. The sabres won't be even in games played with the rest of the WC pack until the season is over.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This is a decision between starting in Roc or starting in Buffalo.. No idea what Levi wants or the Sabres. Pretty big decision.. Give the kid a break, could be the sabres trying to talk him into playing in Buffalo or taking the expectations down by playing ahl playoff hockey.
. Either way Levi may believe he's ready for something, we'll probably find out after tomorrow night .

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

They can not like one bad goalie while also understanding that the other one is atrocious.

What they (hopefully) know by now is what most of us knew from the start. They don’t have an NHL goalie.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
There isn't a hold up, he doesn't want to sign right now. He hasn't made up his mind on playing his last year of college. I think at minimum he would want to finish this semester. I don't see him wanting to play anymore hockey this year (here or in AHL).
If he doesn't want to sign now it's because he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. The enormous benefit of his current situation would be to burn a year of his ELC. It would make no sense for him to pass that up, unless it was to gain the ability to hit UFA

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
There isn't a hold up, he doesn't want to sign right now. He hasn't made up his mind on playing his last year of college. I think at minimum he would want to finish this semester. I don't see him wanting to play anymore hockey this year (here or in AHL).
No offense but you know this how? What’s your source? Or are these your own musings and thoughts as it’s contrary to folks like Chad who do have sources…

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Why can't people use the GM thread to shit in Adams? Everytime this thread is updated Im hoping to either a) see a legit discussion about Levi or b) and more importantly, updates on whether Levi is planning to sign or not, but it's always the usual suspects popping off about Adams.

Last edited:

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
I almost want to see Levi and Johnson walk just to watch Adams “intentionally hurt the team by failing to address GOALIE AND DEFENSE because I need to trick children into signing here plan“ blows up in his stupid face
What are you hoping for?
What ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad