Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If he doesn't want to sign now it's because he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. The enormous benefit of his current situation would be to burn a year of his ELC. It would make no sense for him to pass that up, unless it was to gain the ability to hit UFA

It doesn't matter either way. The longer he remains unsigned, the risk of him not signing goes up and his value drops. He doesn't sign in the next couple of weeks (before the season ends in Buffalo or Rochester), and his value plunges dramatically.

This doesn't mean he won't sign but there is no argument that Buffalo's leverage drops and with it Levi's value.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If he doesn't want to sign now it's because he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. The enormous benefit of his current situation would be to burn a year of his ELC. It would make no sense for him to pass that up, unless it was to gain the ability to hit UFA

Even if he signed next year wouldn't he still have the chance to burn it faster with Buffalo?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
wgr this morning throwing out there Levi signing in Europe could be an option :huh: in connection to EF's 32 thoughts about unconventional routes.

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
wgr this morning throwing out there Levi signing in Europe could be an option :huh: in connection to EF's 32 thoughts about unconventional routes.
Levi's unconventional route included staying close to home in Quebec.

I doubt that signing in Europe is on the table given how he seems to like to be near his friends and family.

:dunno:

Reactions: Zman5778

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
What?

A goalie who wasn’t NHL ready starting in the AHL was as predictable as the sun rising.

And the full statement was (paraphrasing) UPL needed to play. It don’t matter whether in the NHL or AHL. He needs to play. Obviously thats from a development pov.

Anderson was brought back as not only a goalie but a team leader and mentor. He spends many TV time outs going to the bench and talking with the dmen or the team in general.

No need to make this more dramatic than the mundane situation it was.
I don't think I made it more dramatic than it is (not very dramatic).

IMO:
I was expecting Anderson to move into the front office if he wanted (even though his family lives in FL).
The hope was to get a bridge starter to pair with UPL.
Getting Comrie and Anderson blocked UPL and I was glad he went back to Rochester as he still needed more time to develop.
I don't think management is married to UPL.
Seeing his name out there isn't really a shock based on the previous points, again, imo.

didnt mean to stoke a fire

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Levi's unconventional route included staying close to home in Quebec.

I doubt that signing in Europe is on the table given how he seems to like to be near his friends and family.

:dunno:
It's alarming how dramatic this has gotten all of sudden. Like I said I really hope no one has tampered and it's done soon.

Adding, If Levi wants guarantee's of nhl games this season that is really hard in the middle of playoff race too.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
I don't think there has been any indications that Levi won't sign. Everything from the team and player indicates he intends on being a Sabre. Until and unless something changes, that is the most likely result.

The problem at the moment is everything has been quiet, as all things around this team seem to be in regards to leaks and such, and that vacuum lends itself to speculation.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
My inner pessimist realizes that all Levi has to do to make his childhood dream come true is go to college for another year, then sign for his childhood team where the crease is wide open.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s trying to get a game in this year for the NHL, if so then just do it. I would love to make the playoffs but im not losing a high end goalie prospect because of it. Also, would he be much worse than Comrie or UPL?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s trying to get a game in this year for the NHL, if so then just do it. I would love to make the playoffs but im not losing a high end goalie prospect because of it. Also, would he be much worse than Comrie or UPL?
If you look back over the recent history of college goalies getting an NHL start to burn a year on their ELC, it isn’t great.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hughes entering transfer portal (Providence ? BU??? Levi going back to get degree ?

What’s going on at Northeastern

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

FB_IMG_1645835204390.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad