GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Looks like Mueller might have played his last game here Thursday night in Carolina.

He’s a scratch tonight and not signed for next year. I said this earlier this year, but I can see him being Beau Bennetted at the end of this year, where they let him walk as an RFA.

And I hate it because he’s much better than that waste of a spot in Santini, who is signed for two more years and who the staff seems to like lately.
i think they'll still keep him, I wouldn't be surprised if what you said happens but he's a good skater and could be an option for a #7 d-role. that's not a spot that should be used for a guys like Smith/Davies anyway who if they make the team should be in the lineup most of the time

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think they'll still keep him, I wouldn't be surprised if what you said happens but he's a good skater and could be an option for a #7 d-role. that's not a spot that should be used for a guys like Smith/Davies anyway who if they make the team should be in the lineup most of the time
I think Santini might get that #7 role.

He's signed for next two years. That doesn't mean he's a lock for the team, but I think he is for at least the start of next year.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
santini made a great play on the breakout for the first goal, severson with a beautiful play on the second goal

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If thats so then there will certainly be a defenseman trade this summer , too many signed if we plan on improving it at all
This is what I've been saying and why I don't think it's imperative we bring back Carrick.

We can't keep every bottom pairing defenseman and their brother, and Mueller, Carrick, Greene (he might not be played as such, but he is a bottom a pairing guy at this point) are all bottom pairing guys.

Santini is a #7.

Still too early to say for Yakovlev, but he's no better than a #6 right now at the very most.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
This is what I've been saying and why I don't think it's imperative we bring back Carrick.

We can't keep every bottom pairing defenseman and their brother, and Mueller, Carrick, Greene (he might not be played as such, but he is a bottom a pairing guy at this point) are all bottom pairing guys.

Santini is a #7.

Still too early to say for Yakovlev, but he's no better than a #6 right now at the very most.
If it was up to me Id move Butcher and keep Severson IF were willing to find him a defensively strong partner via trade/FA.

Just because Smith and potentially drafting Byram is coming our way, it doesnt mean we shouldnt be upgrading the defense with a top-4 talent. If Smith and another prospect become top-4 talents then you have value to move around (think of Anaheim, Nashville)

Run Severson, Vatanen, acquisition, and Smith/Mueller as the top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad