Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
lol come on. this is sports.

Anyway, they have finally upgraded the practice jerseys to what everyone else has.
COoVaqvW8AAJl9o.jpg

Sports doesn't mean you can just violate a contract. Kovy and Parise aren't similar situations. Kovy's departure was unethical in a way Parise's wasn't. Parise had a right to leave; Kovy really didn't. That's why I for one still respect Parise but not Kovy.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Sports doesn't mean you can just violate a contract. Kovy and Parise aren't similar situations. Kovy's departure was unethical in a way Parise's wasn't. Parise had a right to leave; Kovy really didn't. That's why I for one still respect Parise but not Kovy.

Kovy didn't like the new CBA and that was a way out. He didn't violate the contract. And it probably saved the Devils in the longrun too, it's been enough time to understand the situation for both sides.

The Devils paid him like 17 million for 3 years and for someone of his caliber that's a great deal. He was the biggest reason for the team's most successful season in the past 10 years--I don't really mind it anymore. Sure the Devils need a player of his caliber still but the contract was way too long and it's better for the team in the long run.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Kovy didn't like the new CBA and that was a way out. He didn't violate the contract. And it probably saved the Devils in the longrun too, it's been enough time to understand the situation for both sides.

The Devils paid him like 17 million for 3 years and for someone of his caliber that's a great deal. He was the biggest reason for the team's most successful season in the past 10 years--I don't really mind it anymore. Sure the Devils need a player of his caliber still but the contract was way too long and it's better for the team in the long run.

lol

yes he did.

GhostofKenKlee

With Stoll in Manhattan, perhaps Ryane can continue/expand the family business south of the border.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm sorry to hear that for Clowe... The time I met him he was a real nice guy... and he actually wasn't bad when he was playing.

I hope he can stick around. I know he doesn't have a long Devils history... but neither does anyone else anymore.. Maybe he can work for the team.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I never understood why people always freaked out about this contract. We were always going to have this "get out of jail free card" if the worst case scenario played out.

Hoping Clowe gets his health together to live out a normal life away from hockey.

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
I never understood why people always freaked out about this contract. We were always going to have this "get out of jail free card" if the worst case scenario played out.

Hoping Clowe gets his health together to live out a normal life away from hockey.

Yeah I always figured it was a "retirement package" type contract for the guy. If it turned out he could play he would have been worth it, but without it yeah, I guess he's got a decent bit of cash to sit on from here on out? Best of luck to him in the future. I would have loved to have him here before the concussions, he was always one of my favorite non-Devils players.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Whether or not the Devils benefit in the long run from Kovy being gone, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was extremely questionable from an ethical perspective. Kovy's actions will always be indefensible to me from a moral standpoint.

If you feel differently, fine, but you can't act like what Kovy did was typical in professional hockey and say it's just sports. It was a very unique situation (not like a player simply signing somewhere else a la Parise), and a person could definitely argue that if hockey is a business, the ethical rules of business weren't observed on Kovy's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad