Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I have four tickets to Saturday night's devils prospect game in buffalo that I'm looking to give away. DM me if you are interested. first come, first serve, unless there are four of y'all from here who want to meet up and go. just wanna make sure whoever takes them will put them to use.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why would Merrill having a kid have any impact on whether or not management moves him? Players get inconvenienced all the time by trades.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This hurts our chances of moving him... which is good.

Get rid of Gelinas for a forward of equal age and talent

I don't think Gelinas has all that much value to be honest. At least not right now. He's got some intriguing tools, but whether or not he has a toolbox to put them in remains to be seen. At best you're probably getting a similarly questionable forward in return.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't think Gelinas has all that much value to be honest. At least not right now. He's got some intriguing tools, but whether or not he has a toolbox to put them in remains to be seen. At best you're probably getting a similarly questionable forward in return.

I think if Gelinas is packaged with one of our 3rds and maybe a forward the Devils can get a young forward with upside who has yet to truly break through.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Why would Merrill having a kid have any impact on whether or not management moves him? Players get inconvenienced all the time by trades.

Yeah, although I'd rather see Gelinas moved than Merrill, I doubt Merrill being a dad now has any impact on whether or not Shero trades him. Shero's decision isn't likely to be influenced by Merrill probably needing to uproot a girlfriend and baby daughter if he were traded, and Merrill doesn't really have a say in whether he stays or goes. Family can really only influence a decision when the player has the clout to make the choice in my opinion.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm still really high on Merrill and think Gely still has some high potential but I also think some seriously overvalue what they would bring on the trade market currently.

Beetlebum*

Andy Greene had a child today according to my sauces

mike-francesa-headband-thing.gif

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
BREAKING:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 45s45 seconds ago
Per Ray Shero: Devils' facial hair policy is clean shaven for start of camp "and then we'll go from there as long they're respectful."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad