Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
You can't teach size!

640px-Tom_Fitzgerald_2012-06-22.JPG

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
f*** Lou.

Have we had a Lou was great/Lou sucked debate lately? :sarcasm:

remember, lou laughs at people he fires,

thanks for the cups

loffs:

islas:

lou-natic fringe.....

what a song... loud it up

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

thanks for the cups

loffs:

islas:

lou-natic fringe.....

I saw them open at MSG for someone. I can’t recall who thr headliner was that night. Maybe Blue Oyster Cult?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

thanks for the cups

loffs:

islas:

lou-natic fringe.....

lou is such a clown lol. somebody please put grandpa simpson in a home already.

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Would it actually surprise you if he were reinstated tomorrow though? You see what kinds of people are allowed to work in the league.

Especially with the charges being dropped.
Please participate in our survey by checking one of the boxes below for a chance to win a valuable prize:

Milan Lucic

Shit bag [ ]
Not shit bag [ ]

The Weyland-Yutani Corp. thanks you for your participation.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
How bad has Cal Clutterbuck's game gotten? Saw Nichols posted somewhere that a PTO would be an interesting thing. He played all 82 last year and was 5th in hits. Good PKer and energy guy. Imagine Kotter/Lazar/Cal as a 4th line. He's Bastian but better (in some regards) After pay Mercer, who will take up the balance most likely what could they pay him (coming off $1.75)?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How bad has Cal Clutterbuck's game gotten? Saw Nichols posted somewhere that a PTO would be an interesting thing. He played all 82 last year and was 5th in hits. Good PKer and energy guy. Imagine Kotter/Lazar/Cal as a 4th line. He's Bastian but better (in some regards) After pay Mercer, who will take up the balance most likely what could they pay him (coming off $1.75)?
I’m not sure he’s better than Bastian at this point in his career.

He’s coming up on 37 and would probably be in the top-15 oldest players in the league this year if he does play. Thanks to cap friendly being gone I can’t tell you exactly where he would rank anymore.

Being in the top 10-15 oldest players in the league isn’t bad when you’re Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

He’s coming up on 37 and would probably be in the top-15 oldest players in the league this year if he does play. Thanks to cap friendly being gone I can’t tell you exactly where he would rank anymore.

Being in the top 10-15 oldest players in the league isn’t bad when you’re Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby.
IMG_4468.png

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

More pts, gms played, gamer, snarl top 5 in hits. Yeah hes not Ovi but I'd like Nate to be more like him, and I think Bast is not what he once was

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

thanks for the cups

loffs:

islas:

lou-natic fringe.....

his rules are and were a total joke. i'm honestly surprised guys even go along with it i guess what choice do they have? but damn be more vocal about it "off the record" guy has been irrelevant for longer then he was.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
What is the basis for him being better than Bastian? He's approaching late 30s - I highly doubt he is better than Nate.

Reactions: Bleedred

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

He's finished. The man has given his body to hockey and it's extremely impressive that a player who plays his kind of game managed to play every single game last year but he has nothing left to give.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
We only have one prospect in the top 100 ranking according to Elite prospects

Press the right arrow on the picture to see the list.

Good, hoarding prospects that never see them in the NHL is what bad teams do. Luke and Nemec graduated last year, I'd rather have them in NJ than sitting in the AHL hoping that they might contribute some day.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Good, hoarding prospects that never see them in the NHL is what bad teams do. Luke and Nemec graduated last year, I'd rather have them in NJ than sitting in the AHL hoping that they might contribute some day.

I mean, sure, and with the obvious caveat that top 100 prospect lists are rife with sorting backwards from draft position where players who were taken top 20 stay on those lists for far too long, but it'd be nice if they had more prospects. The Devils have definitely hit on a lot of their top picks, while missing on Holtz and Stillman. It'd be nice if the guys taken in the 2nd round or later were also doing well.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He's finished. The man has given his body to hockey and it's extremely impressive that a player who plays his kind of game managed to play every single game last year but he has nothing left to give.
First time ever playing 80 games in a season. Played less then 50 games the year prior. Only 59 the year before that. Hadn't played 70+since 18-19.

82 last year was impressive, but also as outlierly as you can get. His durability is not a strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad