Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Passed by the barn today

IMG_8002.jpeg

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I don't know about Rogalski. You are correct goaltending has been bad, it started with Brodeur his next to his last year with Schneider and then his last year that was all on Brodeur. Schneider had a couple of good years as backup for Marty. Then on his own Schneider one, I forget, maybe two years, then goal tending went downhill for the Devils, it has been a lot of years of bad goal tending for the Devils. If you put weak defense in front of weak goal tending then you have a lot of goals against and you lose a lot of games.

yea but if you look at the history, Blackwood was actually promising but then fell off after Rogalski came in...coincidence? maybe but history isn't on his side

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It’s tough but I thought Ruff lost the room a few years ago. The Nico exit videos were rough.

Brunette gave this team a major shot in the arm.

Going beyond the defense or goaltending debate, the Devils were trash most nights. There wasn’t many complete efforts last season. I think Ruff’s roster choices and goalie usage were poor. His game management was terrible. Lindy’s PP went from #1 to not scoring for weeks and he made zero adjustments. He never used a timeout when games got out of hand.

He hasn't been with the team that long. I don't like Ruff but I don't think he lost the team until this past season.

i've paid less attention to the finer aspects of hockey coaching and developing players and and all that stuff the older i get so i have to ask. what is the goalie coach going to try and implement and teach our two middle 30 year old nhl seasoned veteran goalies? or even what exactly is a goalie coach doing with these two veterans that they need "coaching"? like is it a film thing they go over before a game like scouting players? or physical movements in the crease?

Hopefully they do what Brodeur supposedly did when he was still playing. Tell them to f*** off.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When you live some place where it's not cool for 5-6 months of the year, you tend to no longer give a shit about ''Summertime'' and all that. Or the whole ''Summer is the most magical time of the year!'' nonsense. I honestly couldn't give a single care at all about summer. Summer here is unbearable, to the point where I'm so glad I took a very extended vacation to get away. But it's pretty damn hot in Denver also, even if much more tolerable. And it gets cool at night. New Jersey is kind of warm, but there were a few cooler nights. I didn't even bring anything long sleeve, which I regretted when taking a ride up into the mountains in Colorado, where it was 52 degrees at night.

I haven't cared about the summer since even before I moved here. It's kind of the most boring, miserable time of the year at this point in my life.

Gimme some hockey already.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
When you live some place where it's not cool for 5-6 months of the year, you tend to no longer give a shit about ''Summertime'' and all that. Or the whole ''Summer is the most magical time of the year!'' nonsense. I honestly couldn't give a single care at all about summer. Summer here is unbearable, to the point where I'm so glad I took a very extended vacation to get away. But it's pretty damn hot in Denver also, even if much more tolerable. And it gets cool at night. New Jersey is kind of warm, but there were a few cooler nights. I didn't even bring anything long sleeve, which I regretted when taking a ride up into the mountains in Colorado, where it was 52 degrees at night.

I haven't cared about the summer since even before I moved here. It's kind of the most boring, miserable time of the year at this point in my life.

Gimme some hockey already.
Just come to great white north where its cold for a lot of the time and buy yourself a house with your American big bucks that has air conditioning. :cool:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It looks like Keefe didnt hire his guys mostly. May be he will work a year with actual assistant coaches and will stay with coaches he likes and will hire new ones instead of coaches he will not like.
it's confirmed.

keefe is just a stop gap

until @Cheddabombs is ready to take over.

all others can get in line for the assistant coaches roles. i will replace rogalski to piss off @Bleedred even more.

Where are the traditional posts about how much muscle mass Jack and co have added?
show me your boobies first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad