Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
*get's rioting torch*

Where are the Bardown offices located?

spongebob-squarepants-sell.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's months too late for April 1, but we've seen enough franchise icons go over there for it to be funny regardless. And Elias would have been another if HE didn't go back to Lou and prod him to negotiate one more time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lucic has been an old, slow and washed up sack of shit for years now.

And that was even before we found out he was a woman beating piece of shit. “blah blah blah! Charges were dropped!”.

Being old, slow, washed up and bad at hockey wasn’t enough for teams/ the Bruins to resist the urge of signing him last year, but maybe what happened very early last season will. And he hasn’t played since.

Seriously, Lucic has been a joke for years and years now, all of that stuff aside. It feels like he’s a guy who already hasn’t played in the league for several years.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Lucic has been an old, slow and washed up sack of shit for years now.

And that was even before we found out he was a woman beating piece of shit. “blah blah blah! Charges were dropped!”.

Being old, slow, washed up and bad at hockey wasn’t enough for teams/ the Bruins to resist the urge of signing him last year, but maybe what happened very early last season will. And he hasn’t played since.

Seriously, Lucic has been a joke for years and years now, all of that stuff aside. It feels like he’s a guy who already hasn’t played in the league for several years.

he's been shit for the last 7! seasons.

beyond cooked

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There’s only two purposes for that Tweet, to troll or to brag about your photoshop skills

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't actually think there's a chance Lucic is gonna be given a PTO or anything by us, probably not by anyone if I had to guess. He's 36 and played 5 games last year. And the reason for his last game being in October of last year is probably (or at least it should be) even more alarming than if he had gotten hurt 5 games in and was out the remainder of the year due to injury.

I do find it strange he's holed up in Newark/North Jersey of all places for his offseason training, as he really has no ties to the area. He's from Vancouver, which is on the other side of North America. And he's never played for us or any of the local teams for that matter, unlike Toffoli or Gusev.

So him being around is extremely random. Usually the guys who train there who aren't on the team anymore are guys who used to be on the team and still have a place in the area or guys who live locally or on Staten Island. Zach-Aston Reese was skating there a couple of offseasons ago. And I think maybe even Kevin Labanc, both Staten Island natives. Maybe he's staying in Manhattan and it's more convenient to use the ice in Newark than somewhere in Manhattan?

I doubt he's gonna be playing here.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Rogalski should be gone .. too many seasons of failure. It's never one guys fault, but he seems to be given the benefit of the doubt too often. It's been a failure .. should have canned him and brought someone else in.

It's simple really. Identify the common denominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad