Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i could care less about prospect rankings with the amount of under 25 talent that we have on the actual nhl roster.

minus goalie, just about every important position that you need to build a stanley cup champion is accounted for we just need to find the right pieces to augment them. sure, young cost controlled pieces for ELCs will help but we can be just fine with what we have

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
First time ever playing 80 games in a season. Played less then 50 games the year prior. Only 59 the year before that. Hadn't played 70+since 18-19.

82 last year was impressive, but also as outlierly as you can get. His durability is not a strength.

Wow, you mean the guy who is the all-time leader in hits hasn't stayed healthy over his career? This is surprising.

Also surprisingly not germane at all to the point I was making which was to simply imagine this man's life for a second, even if his career is likely over. I imagine both Martin and Clutterbuck will get an invite to Islanders camp if they want it but they will have to win their jobs.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wow, you mean the guy who is the all-time leader in hits hasn't stayed healthy over his career? This is surprising.

Also surprisingly not germane at all to the point I was making which was to simply imagine this man's life for a second, even if his career is likely over. I imagine both Martin and Clutterbuck will get an invite to Islanders camp if they want it but they will have to win their jobs.
Dude I was backing up your point, not arguing against you.

I guess I should have responded to the guy who used the 82 gp's as a positive but jeesh.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Dude I was backing up your point, not arguing against you.

I guess I should have responded to the guy who used the 82 gp's as a positive but jeesh.

Fair enough, but here's a tip from one contentious person to another - when you want to quote someone and add something to their point, say something like, 'To add to this' or 'Just adding to this', especially if it's someone with whom you often disagree. Otherwise, yeah, multi-quoting would've helped.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Fair enough, but here's a tip from one contentious person to another - when you want to quote someone and add something to their point, say something like, 'To add to this' or 'Just adding to this', especially if it's someone with whom you often disagree. Otherwise, yeah, multi-quoting would've helped.
Maybe there were some subconscious drivers which made an agreeable post look argumentative.

But anyways, I feel our 4th line is pretty filled, If there is an add it should be more 3rd line.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Where do we think Tatar lines up?

Doesn't seem like playing on Hughes's wing is an option.

He played well with Nico, but that kind of seems like Timo's spot.

Is 3rd line an option. Say Tatar Haula Noesen?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Let’s see if he can recapture the magic he had with NJ. If he doesn’t outplay Mercer and Palat to carve out a top six role he probably has to play down with Hischier on the third line.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Let’s see if he can recapture the magic he had with NJ. If he doesn’t outplay Mercer and Palat to carve out a top six role he probably has to play down with Hischier on the third line.
wtf-hoe.gif

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
We only have one prospect in the top 100 ranking according to Elite prospects

Press the right arrow on the picture to see the list.

That’s a good thing. It shows the kids are where they belong in the nhl. Now if this is the case in say 5 years that’s a worry.

Reactions: mdj12784

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
i could care less about prospect rankings with the amount of under 25 talent that we have on the actual nhl roster.

minus goalie, just about every important position that you need to build a stanley cup champion is accounted for we just need to find the right pieces to augment them. sure, young cost controlled pieces for ELCs will help but we can be just fine with what we have
Was it pitts/wsh/bos philosophy in the last ~5 years?

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024

Meier-Hischier-Mercer
Palat-Hughes-Bratt
Tatar-Haula-Noesen
Cotter-Lazar-Haula
MacDermaid, Foote

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon-Nemec
Kovacevic, DeSimone

Markstrom
Allen
Daws

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
lol devils post on twitter a couple mins ago markstrom finally in the building. hopefully he doesn't open twitter to see fans complaining that we should've waited for askarov lol amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad