Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Once again, love Novo but he said we'd get Necas lmao. He doesn't know more than any of us already do
This is according to Seravalli, hes just pushing it forward

Im guessing he means theyll throw whatever Dillons wants on short term and they likely have a deal already in mind (and place) for Pesce

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is according to Seravalli, hes just pushing it forward

Im guessing he means theyll throw whatever Dillons wants on short term and they likely have a deal already in mind (and place) for Pesce

I know but he did the same thing the other day with Necas being traded for the 10 and said there'd be a high chance. This feels way more concrete but it's still a fluid thing to call 100%, a team could knock off Pesce's last second and he'd go there

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I know but he did the same thing the other day with Necas being traded for the 10 and said there'd be a high chance. This feels way more concrete but it's still a fluid thing to call 100%, a team could knock off Pesce's last second and he'd go there
I have a feeling well be dealing a late pick here or after the draft, if they dont have a specific player in mind, to Carolina for Pesce's rights - so they probably have discussed a deal already via Carolina's permission

Dillon is older so just go off the rail and offer him a million over the highest offer he gets - boom done

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
19.6 million in cap

~6 for Pesce
~2.5 to 3.5 for Dillon
~3.5-4 for Mercer bridge
~League minimum for Foote

Looking like we will have 6-7 million left for our last 2 forwards. Can definitely bring in at least a middle 6 and a bottom 6 guy with that money.

EDIT: And we have a trade

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Seriously, none of the trades help us now when the window to win is only 2 years right now due to only having a short term option in net because of their infatuation with a 34-35 year old starter. How do any of the trades help the team now? We got a bunch of picks back and some plug. Every draft pick was either a f***ing goalie or some 6'2+ bum.

Reactions: hobgoblin933

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think the mood around here will improve dramatically when Pesce and Dillon put pen to paper on Monday.

But I really don't like how Fitz wildly overcorrects when the team has a flaw. His first few years he made some really shrewd moves, but the last year or so it seems like he's been very reactionary. This roster is significantly different from the one we had 14 months ago that set a franchise wins record and I genuinely can't tell if that's a good thing.

We built this team around fast, skilled transition players and gave them big contracts, but now it's being transformed into a heavy mean possession team....with the same small skilled guys at the core.

Hopefully this was just a phase, and now that he's gotten his fill of goalies and shitty grinders he can go back to adding talent.

Last edited:

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I think the mood around here will improve dramatically when Pesce and Dillon put pen to paper on Monday.

But I really don't like how Fitz wildly overcorrects when the team has a flaw. His first few years he made some really shrewd moves, but the last year or so it seems like he's been very reactionary. This roster is significantly different from the one we had 14 months ago that set a franchise wins record and I genuinely can't tell if that's a good thing.

We gave this team around fast, skilled transition players and gave them big contracts, but now it's being transformed into a heavy mean possession team....with the same small skilled guys at the core.

Hopefully this was just a phase, and now that he's gotten his fill of goalies and shitty grinders he can go back to adding talent.
yay a 33 year old left dman that is on the decline and Pesce, who is better than Marino at one thing that Marino was good at until last year who is 2 years older than Marino and is going to cost way more! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Tom is making this team less skilled and way slower, which does not play to the strengths of our best players. He stupidly thinks the teams issue last year was size and toughness when it was a lack of skill and speed in the bottom six and the defense lacked skill and couldn't break out.

The guy he should've shipped off in Siegenthaler cant stay healthy and has been declining hard after two good years here to start his career as a devil.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Cotter being able to be bottom 6 center depth is key for us. I don't think Lazar is best utilized at center, I like him better on the wing, and if Haula needs to move up to Jacks line, Cotter seemingly can be used as the 3rd line center.

Bratt/FA-Nico-Meier
Bratt/FA-Jack-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Lazar
Foote-Cotter-Bastian

Still think we need to add to this forward unit. I dont think Foote is a sure bet to give us trustworthy/value minutes.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

We gave this team around fast, skilled transition players and gave them big contracts, but now it's being transformed into a heavy mean possession team....with the same small skilled guys at the core.

Him over correcting after the Carolina series was still the dumbest thing he did. If you remember from those regular season games, the only ones were from bad goaltending from Kotchetkov and that's how we won Game 3 last year versus them as well when Andersen and him became a pumpkin. Toffoli was a good trade but signing the rest of the slow bums he did was horrendous

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Cotter being able to be bottom 6 center depth is key for us. I don't think Lazar is best utilized at center, I like him better on the wing, and if Haula needs to move up to Jacks line, Cotter seemingly can be used as the 3rd line center.

Bratt/FA-Nico-Meier
Bratt/FA-Jack-Mercer
Palat-Haula-Lazar
Foote-Cotter-Bastian

Still think we need to add to this forward unit. I dont think Foote is a sure bet to give us trustworthy/value minutes.

Wonder if they flip picks for Colton but I think Colorado wants/needs roster players so not sure a trade is there

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00