Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think the Devils IG account confirmed the Jersey Jersey is sticking around in the new fanatics era. Also maybe teased a 4th jersey?

Man it sucks they went this direction. How far jerseys have fallen from the days of CCM. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy a whatever the fanatics version of the on ice jersey is going to be. I can already imagine fight straps on the outside, sideways or upside down logos, stripes and piping in the wrong place, etc.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think the Devils IG account confirmed the Jersey Jersey is sticking around in the new fanatics era. Also maybe teased a 4th jersey?
No 4th jersey this year unless it comes out extremely late into the season ( like tampas 3rds last yr ) order forms are out for suppliers and there is no mention of a 4th. If you're talking about the images they put in their story they're just phone wallpapers, they posted about them on twitter also
Maybe something for 25-26 though. ESPN reported Fanatics is encouraging teams to come out with new stuff as early as then

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Imagine how tall and big those 9 guys ahead of Bratt must be. They’re so dreamy, I’m sure.
IMG_4750.jpeg

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'm really really excited about next years dcore.

Hamilton, Pesce, Dillon, Kovacevic instead of Miller, Marino, Bahl, Smith is massive upgrades.

Then development from Luke and Nemec, and hopefully a bounceback from Siegs.

I would not be shocked if we had the best dcore in hockey next year. Certainly the best RD core (I see 3 RHD who are top 32 in the league).

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've found myself kind of bored with the forum right now, due to the deep dog days of the offseason, which seem to last until literally days before the start of training camp. Some may have noticed me not posting as much for the last week. And my step brother and his family have been visiting, but are leaving to go back home to Denver tonight.

So I'm thinking about starting a riot on the board, but I think people are so mellow and modestly high on the team right now that I probably can't get much mileage out of a ''Blackwood/Vitek must be stoned to death'' or ''Travis Green needs to be fired quicker than Babcock last year'' argument. Or a ''Send Brendan Smith to a nursing home'' discussion.

And that's a good thing. I think we're all somewhat in a good head space right now. There's really not many complaints, other than still employing Rogalski, but him still being here is not a guarantee that the goaltending will continue to suck, as it once happened (literally ONCE! One season!) that we had decent goaltending under Rogalski from 2 of the 3 goalies that saw icetime that season. And I am pretty annoyed that Rempe is a thing, as MacDermid is a direct reaction to Rempe.

At least we don't have to bitch about repeat offenders (like those two goalies I mentioned) who are still here, and Sheldon Keefe is the head coach and not a guy that we really would love to see fired before Babcock was last year.

So yeah, it's kind of a boring time for those reasons, but it's also the offseason, so it's not an exciting time to be excited for all the good things, because nothing is in motion right now. We're at a stand still.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I've found myself kind of bored with the forum right now, due to the deep dog days of the offseason, which seem to last until literally days before the start of training camp. Some may have noticed me not posting as much for the last week. And my step brother and his family have been visiting, but are leaving to go back home to Denver tonight.

So I'm thinking about starting a riot on the board, but I think people are so mellow and modestly high on the team right now that I probably can't get much mileage out of a ''Blackwood/Vitek must be stoned to death'' or ''Travis Green needs to be fired quicker than Babcock last year'' argument. Or a ''Send Brendan Smith to a nursing home'' discussion.

And that's a good thing. I think we're all somewhat in a good head space right now. There's really not many complaints, other than still employing Rogalski, but him still being here is not a guarantee that the goaltending will continue to suck, as it once happened (literally ONCE! One season!) that we had decent goaltending under Rogalski from 2 of the 3 goalies that saw icetime that season. And I am pretty annoyed that Rempe is a thing, as MacDermid is a direct reaction to Rempe.

At least we don't have to bitch about repeat offenders (like those two goalies I mentioned) who are still here, and Sheldon Keefe is the head coach and not a guy that we really would love to see fired before Babcock was last year.

So yeah, it's kind of a boring time for those reasons, but it's also the offseason, so it's not an exciting time to be excited for all the good things, because is in motion right now. We're at a stand still.
IMG_6885.jpeg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

So yeah, it's kind of a boring time for those reasons, but it's also the offseason, so it's not an exciting time to be excited for all the good things, because nothing is in motion right now. We're at a stand still.
So you are ready to concede that NJ messed up sending out Blackwood instead of signing him to a long expensive extension? And then they doubled down by trading away Vitek who was the most courageous goalie they ever had.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

why don't you propose some ridiculous trade proposal on the main boards? i'll step in, and we'll go back and forth arguing for weeks. every once in a while, one of us can drop an imaginary advanced stat in there (Dxofr% or something)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of Josh Anderson, has there been a trade proposal from Habs fans involving Jack Eye to the Devils lately? Or did those stop with the new acquisitions on D?

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Speaking of Josh Anderson, has there been a trade proposal from Habs fans involving Jack Eye to the Devils lately? Or did those stop with the new acquisitions on D?
It's been so long! We need a Hughes/Hughes/Bratt/Nemec/1st/3rd to Montreal for Anderson deal to be cooked up by the Montreal media again.

I miss it!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I’m kind of morbidly curious who the Habs fans will come up with next as their new perpetual “trade bait”.

Anderson has only so much shelf life before he goes the way of Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad