Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm just waiting for a certain Habs fan to make a poll asking "Is the Habs third round pick actually a 1st round talent?"

Another thing I learned today is @dgibb10 is another Non-Darkmode HFboard user like @Guttersniped. They keep on blinding me!:eek3::surrender
Dunno how anyone can deal with non dark mode.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
you missed the sarcasm, sorry

I too believe our D corps will be much better this coming season than last year
Oh 100% I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Siegs had the worst year of his career. Should be better (I don't have my hopes too high there tho)
Hamilton>Colin Miller/Brendan Smith
Pesce>Marino
Dillon>Bahl
2nd year Hughes>1st year Hughes
2nd year Nemec>1st year Nemec

Every slot should be better than last year

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ve never used dark mode in my life.

And now that I’ve been using this forever, I really don’t wanna change now.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
Hello Devils fans!

Was wondering what was the general opinion on Mercer going forward! Do you guys think it was an off season and he'll bounce back? Didnt watch a lot of games but he definitely was different than last season on the scoresheet.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hello Devils fans!

Was wondering what was the general opinion on Mercer going forward! Do you guys think it was an off season and he'll bounce back? Didnt watch a lot of games but he definitely was different than last season on the scoresheet.

Maybe for the sake of my fantasy team I think he's a safe bet to bounce back. I purged my memory of last year for the most part, but I seem to recall that they separated him from Nico to see if Mercer could be the line driver for the 3rd line which led to unsexy results. I think Mercer spent time at center and at this point he just seems more effective at RW.

With Tatar back, we'll see if the new coaching staff put the Tatar-Hischier-Mercer line back together which was solid in 2022-23. PP1 could use a right handed shot, but I'd expect Mercer to stay on PP2.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hello Devils fans!

You will probably get multiple opinions. My guess is something of a majority expect a full bounce back and perhaps a better season than his sophomore season if he is given a top six role on the wing. A plurality might suggest he will bounce back but is better suited to a third line role. At either end you will have folks who see him as better or worse than either of those outcomes. A smaller issue is whether he can work as a center. I'd say a large majority see him as winger only.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
They have moved off of Anderson and Xhekaj and are now pimping Matheson as their new trade chip.

It's amusing that certain Habs posters insist that Matheson is worth a huge return because he posted 60 points after playing 25 minutes a night and getting PP1 time (28 PP points). But those fans never quite consider whether Matheson would get the same ice time elsewhere. Ie, there's one Habs poster who I should block but it's almost amusing reading his "logic" who suggested Nashville ought to pay a big price for Matheson while not acknowledging they already had that Roman Josi guy. It was almost like Tyson Barrie didn't get to pad his numbers in Nashville due to a reduction in PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad