Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think the Nemec answer relates a little bit to what Spaulding said last night.

Last year the Devils wanted to make the right decision. This would lead to a decision chain with where the Devils gain a big advantage through many small advantages gained in optimizing each situation.

I think this year the Devils will have many less decision options and the goal is to decide fast. The speed of the decision making combined with the familiarity with the situations hopefully allows the Devils to gain advantage through quality of repetition and taking response time away from the opponents.

To support quicker decision making, your teammates should be in such a position that you know where they are and a poor decision shouldn’t be earth shattering.

I expect less “creative” solutions from the Devils this year, especially defensively, but I expect them to execute players quicker and with more confidence/quality.

It's hard to say cuz it's still preseason and the opposing teams aren't going full speed mode yet, but they certainly looked like a different team to me last night (outside of the non regulars who were just awful)

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Nico and Jesper are going to love their new coach...

nico-hischier.gif

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Better than mine! I got a 7 choosing all Devils. Though we both chose Steve Thomas and, of course, Sal. :)

I went Thomas-Kurvers-Jason Smith, Guerin-D'Agostini-Sal, Zidlicky-Madden-Rafalski
Very impressive on both your parts. I couldn’t come up with a Blues / Isles / Devils player.

I was at 8 players with a score of 1, if then had to go with Pierre Turgeon a ruin it. :joker:

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Give Palat 10-15 games in the top-6 with Jack and either Meier or Mercer

If we want to be competing we need him to find somewhat of an old gear and be what we need next to Jack

I dont foresee Palat being suitable for a third line with Haula and Noesen - Tatar helps those two with offensive chance creation in a way I dont think Palat can

I know many want to reinstate the Tatar top-6 stint but if he can be playmaking some on our third line, thatd help a lot

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Give Palat 10-15 games in the top-6 with Jack and either Meier or Mercer

If we want to be competing we need him to find somewhat of an old gear and be what we need next to Jack

I dont foresee Palat being suitable for a third line with Haula and Noesen - Tatar helps those two with offensive chance creation in a way I dont think Palat can

I know many want to reinstate the Tatar top-6 stint but if he can be playmaking some on our third line, thatd help a lot

I don't care about top 6 versus third line but so far in camp, they do. They're clearly setting up to have a strict checking line with Palat-Haula-Noesen.

When they figure out that Meier and Hughes don't work together, you might get your wish, but I don't think Tatar does a whole lot for Haula and Noesen. His strength is neutral zone support for better players - we saw how he did in 2021-22 when he was asked to be the best player on his line.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’m pretty locked in on Jack-Bratt, Timo-Nico, and Palat-Haula as pairs. I also think Tatar-Nico are great together and he’s a better with Nico than Jack. Mercer also needs to start in the top 6. Only really leaves one lineup for me outside of like Labanc being good again and potentially bumping Noesen down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad