Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think the Nemec answer relates a little bit to what Spaulding said last night.

Last year the Devils wanted to make the right decision. This would lead to a decision chain with where the Devils gain a big advantage through many small advantages gained in optimizing each situation.

I think this year the Devils will have many less decision options and the goal is to decide fast. The speed of the decision making combined with the familiarity with the situations hopefully allows the Devils to gain advantage through quality of repetition and taking response time away from the opponents.

To support quicker decision making, your teammates should be in such a position that you know where they are and a poor decision shouldn’t be earth shattering.

I expect less “creative” solutions from the Devils this year, especially defensively, but I expect them to execute players quicker and with more confidence/quality.

It's hard to say cuz it's still preseason and the opposing teams aren't going full speed mode yet, but they certainly looked like a different team to me last night (outside of the non regulars who were just awful)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad