Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If you didn't see the interview with Jacob Markstrom on Spittin' Chiclets I would highly recommend it. He tells some really funny stories and talks about how excited he is to be playing for the Devils. I have it queued right to the start of the interview and right after is their outlook for the Devils this year and a really good breakdown. Hint - They all pick them to win the Metro.

Just a little input from Marky's season in Utica.

A question was asked about his season in Utica and the lead in asked about that season where he was obviously going to be number 1 and play most of the games.
Not that it matters, but he did not play most of the regular season games. Fellow Swede Joacim Eriksson played 41 games to Marky's 32. Both put up 22 wins. Marky 22-7-2 while Jokie was 22-10-7.

Their numbers were both very good but Marky was the better:
Marky - 1.88/.934
Jokie - 2.54/.908

Marky got the start in game 1 of the playoffs and never missed a start in the 23 games they played.
His numbers were 2.11/.925.

Jokie relieved him in 2 games and in 32.12 minutes played pitched a 1.000 GAA.

Marky was nothing short of spectacular. He said in the interview he wears his heart on his sleeve. The final game of the season the Comets lost the game to the Manchester Monarchs. Green pulled him with 13:33 to go and Manchester leading 2-1 in Game 5. Jokie shut them out the rest of the way and the Comets lost the game and the Cup 2-1. Marky sat on the end of the bench head down and tears in his eyes. I banged on the bench glass immediately to his left and in an emotional rant yelled at him to pick up his head and hold it high.

He should have been proud of how he had led this team all the way to the last step and unfortunately the series loss was due to the fact his team just could not score. He did a yeoman's job and that was all anybody could have asked. He acted like he had let the boys down when in actuality it was the other way around.

Game 1 - Mch 3 Utica 2
Game 2 - Mch 2 Utica 1
Game 3 - Utica 3 Mch 2
Game 4 - Mch 6 Utica 3
Game 5 - Mch 2 Utica 1
In 5 games the Comets scored 9 goals. That just didn't cut it.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
"Could be interesting!" -- NY Times Book Review

I don't expect you at the release party because your commute is longer than most, haha. But thanks as always for all your support and well-wishing!

1) Yes.

2) Is it possible to sign a Kindle?
I would like to buy and reed your book. But I dont have an opportunity to pay for it. If you have crypto wallet please tell me in personal massage.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Sure hope this applies to Nemec and Luke!

We all know what happened to Jack and Dougie recently..... (over last 2-3 seasons)
.....and Timo (lingering required surgery in offseason - shoulder - and knees).......
.....and Nate.....(lingering probs due to recovery - shoulder).......
.....and Palat......(took at least a season to recover into some adequate form)

And Nico.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wish people would stop using the "under six feet" point of reference. It's largely meaningless without weight. In fact, if you are going to use one by itself, I think weight is a much better measurement than height.

Being 20 lbs less than NHL average is a much bigger deal than being 2'' less than NHL average height in my opinion.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wish people would stop using the "under six feet" point of reference. It's largely meaningless without weight. In fact, if you are going to use one by itself, I think weight is a much better measurement than height.

Being 20 lbs less than NHL average is a much bigger deal than being 2'' less than NHL average height in my opinion.
The only problem with that is that prospects can add weight. Most are done growing height-wise by the time they are drafted.

Reactions: JimEIV

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Look at you going with “in my opinion”. As an aside I agree. There is a point where your height puts you at a big disadvantage but it’s hard to say where that is. Maybe at 5’9” and below you have to add so much mass to insulate yourself you lose mobility? Like a 5’6” NFL RB who looks like a bowling ball but can only really run in a straight line?

Reactions: JimEIV

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Squires is really good. I dont know why his numbers were as low. At least they were on a normal level I dont see reasons to worry about. He should play on AHL level now. Good on the both sides of the ice, as driver, as playmaker, without the puck against escaping. Really like what I saw today.
Squires played for a Cape Breton team that is very defensive-styled. But he carried them and was a beast in the playoffs. You guys have a player here.

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC

AWESOME. I'm a f***ing all star!!!!!!

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Squires played for a Cape Breton team that is very defensive-styled. But he carried them and was a beast in the playoffs. You guys have a player here.
Yeah, its great to hear. And its not like defensive style of game is a bad thing to learn in Juniors. In limited views I saw him he was really good, but im always skeptical about low producing on junior levels because smart enough for nhl players are always finding ways to produce. But defensive oriented team and lack of 0artners with experience or offensive potential is what can really limit producing outcome.
I saw your comments about him before and its really good to hear good words about player from fan who is actually watching his game.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Nice first goal by the Devils prospects to tie it up. Big hit by Graham creates a turnover. Eventually Stillman with a nice cross-ice pass to a wide open Parent who buries it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad