Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Inflammation? Prior injury? Is that foot laceration from predraft an issue?

These are questions the media should be asking.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Inflammation and will play in the preseason. Good, they should be cautious.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Just rest it up. It’s nothing serious if he practiced, no need to make it worse. Just get him ready for the season.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I assumed an injury was likely the reason Luke didn’t play in any of the Prospects games.

Playing in at least one would have been a nice warm up to build up to pre-season camps.
Also probably why they had the bait and switch where they announced him on the roster then the next day he wasn’t

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Am I alone in thinking Ruff is not the right guy?

I mean I think he was good for the transitional period of the team going from wretched to decent but he's not the guy to go from decent to the pinnacle... that's my feeling.

And with that thought I can't help but think we might be wasting a year with him at the helm.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My response would be who is out there that is? You’re either bringing in another vet coach with similar credentials (Boudreau, Gallant) or a rookie coach who’s a total unknown.

The last three coaches who won a Cup that are still available are Quenneville, Bylsma and Babcock and basically all would be non starters for me for different reasons

Forgot about Mumbles Sutter and Julien won his Cup after Bylsma, Sutter with a young team like this would be total oil and vinegar and I don’t think anyone here wants to see boring Claude back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad