Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
And so it begins...the hyping that never materializes.
1695316673587.jpeg

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I get the cynicism as we hear these stories every camp, but it does materialize from time to time. And you'd have to expect with his career on the line (to some extent) and millions of dollars, that would be a ton of motivation for Holtz to really put the work in this offseason. I would be worried if we didn't hear these type of stories on Holtz.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would have been happier had he left Mrazek's name out of it.

He's right there with Vitek's goalie partner from last year and Martin Jones in the ''Worst goalies in the NHL that isn't Jonathan Quick'' tier.

Reactions: My3Sons

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
When the Kovy trade happened I was more than pissed we gave up Bergfors. I legitimately thought he was going to be a star.
All fans overrate their own prospects, especially at HFBoards. Part of the fun of being a fan. I'm rooting for Holtz, and if he becomes only a decent 3rd line NHLer that would still be amazing for the Devils going forward. Need young, cheap forwards that can contribute for the next 5 years.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Do we risk putting Foote through waivers? Or keep him up for depth?

Not sure if Clarke needs to.
There's no way I see this team risking putting Foote on waivers unless he really shits the bed this pre-season. They seem to be high on him though.

Clarke doesn't need to clear waivers and will almost assuredly start the season in Utica.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And so it begins...the hyping that never materializes.

If that's the case then he's in WPG by the trade deadline. I'm fully confident that Fitz got rid of the dead weight + didn't bring back Tatar so Holtz could 100% get a chance. If Holtz flops then it's completely on him because management is giving him every opportunity to show out.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
@JimEIV

Too much venison and cabernet, I assume. :sarcasm:
It's hard to eat "too much" venison...now the wine on the other hand...

Fryer Tuck is one of my favorite characters of all time...right after Quint from Jaws who was of course portrayed by Robert Shaw...who had a little bit of Fryer Tuck in him.

bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad