Actually here ya go...

Great, thanks!

Reactions: Satans Hockey

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
We're all sure Jack injured himself when he fell during that home game, right?

Jack's injuries are perplexling in that he seems untouchable for many many games even as players take runs at him. Then, something freak just does him in.

I don't think he's an injury risk (yet) but I am looking forward to adult strength Jack Hughes in the next couple years.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
We're all sure Jack injured himself when he fell during that home game, right?

Jack's injuries are perplexling in that he seems untouchable for many many games even as players take runs at him. Then, something freak just does him in.

I don't think he's an injury risk (yet) but I am looking forward to adult strength Jack Hughes in the next couple years.
Three awkward falls so far led to injuries. I also hope its just been bad luck so far

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Didn't he land wrist first on the fall? Maybe it's that but I'm not sure what not being able to skate for a while does with that, he could've done a free skate with no stick/gloves and tested his wrist. The 3-4 week break off the ice makes me think it was something twisted when he went to the ice.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I posted before about Wheeler’s Prospect Pool Rankings in The Athletic. 2024 NHL prospect pool rankings: Scott Wheeler's annual countdown

He’s up to 26 now.

All the lists have 15 players unless noted.
32 (-5) NYI
31 (-7) FLA
30 (0) BOS
29 (+2) TBL
28 (-10) TOR
27 (+2) PIT/ 12 players
26 (+6) COL/ 10 players

To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must:
  1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
To be eligible for inclusion, a goalie must:
  1. Be under 25 years old. This age criteria is more reflective of the typical goalie trajectory, allowing for the continued consideration of a small number of 23- and 24-year-old goalies who are very much still prospects.
  2. Not currently established as one of their NHL club’s two go-to options.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Goalies who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.

I’m mentioning it again because if Nemec has graduated we’re going to be appearing very soon.

IMG_3280.jpeg
IMG_3281.jpeg

All the teams listed were pretty easy to predict, having some mix of: no 2023 1st, a light 2023 draft, previously traded 1sts/light drafts, very thin pools and/or no blue chip prospect.

It’s harder to imagine many more teams going before us.

Florida
Why: #26 in 2022, didn’t have 2023 1st and had a light draft.
Why Not: They have more depth than the listed teams and Wheeler liked Sawchyn.

Vancouver
Why: was #28, 6 guys from their 2023 list won’t be there, plus the dude they traded.
Why Not: Wallinder is a bit meh, but Lekkerimaki’s stock is way up.
Also Podkolzin “graduated” last year, but maybe he returns since he’s in the AHL.

Edmonton
Why: No 2023 1st and thin draft. No one is lighting up Bakersfield.
Why Not: Was #21 and only a couple of graduates.

Vegas
Why: some notable losses, light draft
Why Not: Their 2023 late 1st is in the SHL, more quality depth than listed teams

And that’s it. #22 is the lowest I realistically see us coming in, assuming Nemec isn’t on the list. So a -20 drop.

Wanted to get a public prediction in because I love being wrong.

Edit: Added Vegas, but still leaving #22 as my guess because I’m not convinced we pass all four of these teams.

Edit two Electric Boogaloo: I will add Calgary and Dallas as long shots for teams to pass, but that’s unlikely.

Last edited:

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
If you buy a blank do you think they'll have the standard numbers and letters to add to it at the rink ? Or probably not.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I posted before about Wheeler’s Prospect Pool Rankings in The Athletic. 2024 NHL prospect pool rankings: Scott Wheeler's annual countdown

He’s up to 26 now.

32 (-5) NYI
31 (-7) FLA
30 (0) BOS
29 (+2) TBL
28 (-10) TOR
27 (+2) PIT/ 12 players
26 (+6) COL/ 10 players

1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
  1. Be under 25 years old. This age criteria is more reflective of the typical goalie trajectory, allowing for the continued consideration of a small number of 23- and 24-year-old goalies who are very much still prospects.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Goalies who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.

I’m mentioning it again because if Nemec has graduated we’re going to be appearing very soon.

All the teams listed were pretty easy to predict, having some mix of: no 2023 1st, a light 2023 draft, previously traded 1sts/light drafts, very thin pools and/or no blue chip prospect.

Florida

Vancouver
Why: was #28, 6 guys from their 2023 list won’t be there, plus the dude they traded.
Also Podkolzin “graduated” last year, but maybe he returns since he’s in the AHL.

Edmonton

And that’s it. #22 is the lowest I realistically see us coming in, assuming Nemec isn’t on the list. So a -20 drop.

I think there’s a decent chance that the triple headed monster of Gritsyuk, Casey, Hameenaho gets us to the low teens. If Nemec is included I say high teens.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Has anyone found other cool stuff for sale besides the sweaters? I'd like to get a hat or something while I wait for the jersey stuff to get sorted out.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
If you buy a blank do you think they'll have the standard numbers and letters to add to it at the rink ? Or probably not.
Thats a good question. I would also say probably not

I’m going with the blank and finding a vendor who can do the customization. I want Nemec, what a special season from him so far. I guarantee the STH event won’t have a Nemec option lmao

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Has anyone found other cool stuff for sale besides the sweaters? I'd like to get a hat or something while I wait for the jersey stuff to get sorted out.
The stadium series hat and scarf is actually really sharp. I like the color

@Bone Density

The puck is cool too

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
Idk why but the fanatics jersey just looks better. Slightly smaller logo, black on shoulders/chest is different & it comes with the patch. Too bad I hate the fanatics. The addidas I can't get a player in my size it's blank or nothing and the blank looks too empty. NHL dropped the ball big time on this by having no supply.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022

@Bone Density

The puck is cool too

Thanks, homie.

This is cool, but a lil expensive.

and you know I've gotta get one of these:

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Thanks, homie.

This is cool, but a lil expensive.

and you know I've gotta get one of these:
Lmao. I edited my post and added the puck. Also sharp

Reactions: Bone Density

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

@Bone Density

The puck is cool too

I liked the Devils scarf but that's out of stock too...

Thats a good question. I would also say probably not

I’m going with the blank and finding a vendor who can do the customization. I want Nemec, what a special season from him so far. I guarantee the STH event won’t have a Nemec option lmao

Rumor has it the STH ones are just Nicos and blanks.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

He’s up to 26 now.

32 (-5) NYI
31 (-7) FLA
30 (0) BOS
29 (+2) TBL
28 (-10) TOR
27 (+2) PIT/ 12 players
26 (+6) COL/ 10 players

Florida

Vancouver

Edmonton

While I don't like to be critical of Wheeler because he's a good guy who puts the work in, I've always felt his rankings were severely lacking.

Still, with no Nemec & Hughes, the Devils severely drop. It's tough to complain, considering Hughes & Nemec both look every bit like future Norris candidates.

Right now, I'd look at our top 7 as something like:

1 Casey
2 Gritsyuk
3 Vilen
4 Bardakov
5 Karpovich
6 Barabosha
7 Orlov

But Wheeler tends to overlook both non-high profile Russians and defensive defensemen, and tends to hang onto his old favorites who haven't developed, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had AHL hopefuls like Salminen and Shlaine in his top 5.

But with the loss of blue-chippers Hughes, Nemec and Holtz, I'd say the strength of the NJ system is Russian depth prospects, since the team has drafted extremely well there in recent years. Still, I agree with you that, right now, it's probably not a top 20 prospect pool.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think there’s a decent chance that the triple headed monster of Gritsyuk, Casey, Hameenaho gets us to the low teens. If Nemec is included I say high teens.

We’ll see. As far as I can tell no other team lost so many players to age/NHL/trade than us.

Ironically Philly comes close, with 6 including their #1 (Gauthier), but they’ll have the top prospect in the NHL now so they’ll be ok *sigh*.

After all that glitz and amazing presentation, I forgot Vegas, who did have 1st but obviously a late one. They have a lot of depth but I’m adding them to teams we might pass.

Kind of doubtful about anyone else, they all lost fewer graduates/top prospects and had better picks to replace them.

It’s arbitrary. The Kings would be further down if Clarke wasn’t still in the AHL but he is.

But LA did grab Ziemmer in the 3rd, which was a steal, and a boost.

And that’s another thing. Lenni is just one of the many delights of the 2023 draft, which looks like it could turn out to be filthy good.

So bunch of teams helped themselves in the early rounds, especially if they had extra picks. (Well, Detroit’s 2023 draft looks like a f***ing trash fire right now but they must have gotten something, right?)

We didn’t have a 1st or 3rd in 2023, that hurts too. (It definitely made me sad lol.)

But I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad