Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Reactions: Billdo

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Hey everybody.

Bratt is an Allstar now, remember?

We are so pre-occupied talking about a Piece of sh*t that it's overshadowing what should be a Celebratory mood here for one of our players.

Reactions: jkrdevil

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
There has to be precedent for interpreting that statute. I'd be surprised if the court was out of line with a potential timeline.
Many times defendants want a longer period before trial to give more time to prepare a defense, and keep their freedom if their are out on bail. Plus, the longer a case takes the more things can fall apart for the prosecution.

Reactions: My3Sons

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It doesn't look too fantastic, but I'm sure this team has a lot of players that will turn on the jets before the season is over.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I guess we'll have to see - assuming the NHL takes action to suspend them it would occur right after the London Police press conference on the 5th?

There's also this though:

That’s wrong. From the Athletic article on the commissioner’s powers:
IMG_1931.jpeg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
There should be precedent for interpreting that statute. I'd be surprised if the court was out of line with a potential timeline.

it appears to have been outlined in 2016

In 2016, the Supreme Court of Canada made a landmark decision in R v Jordan, which set strict time limits for criminal trials. According to this ruling, cases in provincial courts should be completed within 18 months from when charges are laid, and cases in superior courts should be completed within 30 months.

(by the way, my mother always said i should've been a lawyer)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

In 2016, the Supreme Court of Canada made a landmark decision in R v Jordan, which set strict time limits for criminal trials. According to this ruling, cases in provincial courts should be completed within 18 months from when charges are laid, and cases in superior courts should be completed within 30 months.

30 months is 2&1/2 years...just saying.

Reactions: njdevils1982

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Which court will try these defendants?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Can't believe this happened, I bet he's innocent!

*Goes through two years of jokes about McLeod going to jail for exactly this reason*

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hey everybody.

Bratt is an Allstar now, remember?

We are so pre-occupied talking about a Piece of sh*t that it's overshadowing what should be a Celebratory mood here for one of our players.
Like when we signed our GM to an extension the night before two of our players left the club because they're being charged with sexual assault?

Reactions: Whaddagoal

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Nothing weird about getting Lazar, Tierney, Nosek, and Bowers btw. Stop saying that's very weird.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Like when we signed our GM to an extension the night before two of our players left the club because they're being charged with sexual assault?
Okay now that's not fair, man.

I get that's the big story but this is the Devils TEAM discussion thread and well...Bratt IS part of the team...and he's an AllStar for the first time....

I hope you're not thinking I'm trying to minimize the severity of the situation here.

I'm aware that McLeod is in deep sh*t.

But the focus also has to come back to the Devils currently on the roster as well.

Reactions: Billdo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad