Devils Rangers line brawl to start the game (8 game misconducts given out)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don’t have random friends of mine, who aren’t hockey fans texting me in the lead up to this game about the skill that will be on display. I do have them texting me about the fight that’s going to occur/after it happens
Well, that tells you everything you have to know about how the average person views hockey and that explains why it is a niche sport that does not grow.

What happened last night is just stupid and pointless. The relic of a what should be a by-gone era.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Anyone know what the coaches were yelling at each other?
based on the postgame comments, it seems like they were exchanging banana bread recipes, which turned hostile (as those types of discussions often do).

anyway, it was really fun to see rempe get the brakes beat off him. and it was hilarious to see him waving to the crowd after as though he didn't just eat knuckles for a minute straight lol

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I don’t have random friends of mine, who aren’t hockey fans texting me in the lead up to this game about the skill that will be on display. I do have them texting me about the fight that’s going to occur/after it happens
Which just shows how poorly run the NHL is. It is possibly the sport with the most skill on display and yet it has to reach randoms by freak show nonsense like line brawls.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
But wasn't he punished by the league with a suspension?

Obviously the Devils felt that wasn't a strong enough message to him. Doesn't mean the other Rangers should be sticking their necks out for that clown.

You can't choose your teammates, but you can choose whether to drop the gloves to defend a teammates antics.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
based on the postgame comments, it seems like they were exchanging banana bread recipes, which turned hostile (as those types of discussions often do).

anyway, it was really fun to see rempe get the brakes beat off him. and it was hilarious to see him waving to the crowd after as though he didn't just eat knuckles for a minute straight lol
Lavi: Banana Bread needs walnuts!

Green: No it doesn't!

Green was clearly in the wrong and will be out of a job soon enough.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
Yes you're right they shouldn't stick up for their teammate because you don't like him.

Not when they're trying to end the careers of other players with intentionally reckless plays.

These fights where a player 'answers the call' happen all the time, and 99% of them don't lead to line brawls. So yeah, the other players did have a choice whether to literally stick their necks out for that douche.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Not when they're trying to end the careers of other players with intentionally reckless plays.

These fights where a player 'answers the call' happen all the time, and 99% of them don't lead to line brawls. So yeah, the other players did have a choice whether to literally stick their necks out for that douche.
It's amazing that you are saying that you know a player's intentions with no proof that that actually was their intention.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Geoist

May 1, 2015
It's amazing that you are saying that you know a player's intentions with no proof that that actually was their intention.

So did these Rangers fight because the opposition slept with their girlfriends? What exactly is your point here?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
So did these Rangers fight because the opposition slept with their girlfriends? What exactly is your point here?

My point is that you are being either intentionally or recklessly libelous. I have no idea which.

Then why don't they have line brawls every time they face each other?

This was clearly sparked by Rempe's reckless headhunting. I'm all for sticking up for teammates, but not when those teammates are intentionally trying to end the careers if other players.

What proof do you have that the intent was to end someone's career? Was it a reckless play? Sure. Does he need to fix that? Certainly.

But that's very different from an intentional act meant to "end the careers if (sic) other players".

You can keep spewing your garbage take, but stop outright lying about things you know nothing about (the intentions of a player).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Nuts vs no nuts is actually pretty f***in serious, bub.

Reactions: Eegs

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I think fans need to understand the difference between getting smoked, ass handed, and losing a fight to a much better fighter.

As NYR fans, we don't want Rempe eating punches all the time at age 21. Well, at least the sane fans don't want that. What we want is for him to make other players scared to make plays and turn the puck over with him crashing the net. If he can't successfully do that he has no place on the roster. Because he's not going to earn consistent minutes just throwing down every game.

The good news is that no matter who you have step up with him, he's still going to have players fear him on the ice, but there's a fine line between fear him because he's reckless and fear him because he's a big boy, and that's something Rempe needs to work on.

Also, it's literally the same 3-4 fans on each side here, all the time. Stop lumping an entire fanbase into it.

This is very much not the case anymore. Kid has lost all of his most recent fights quite handily. If you mean afraid of taking a cheap shot? Maybe yes in that context.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
My point is that you are being either intentionally or recklessly libelous. I have no idea which.

Lmao!

What proof do you have that the intent was to end someone's career? Was it a reckless play? Sure. Does he need to fix that? Certainly.

But that's very different from an intentional act meant to "end the careers if (sic) other players".

You can keep spewing your garbage take, but stop outright lying about things you know nothing about (the intentions of a player).

I get it that brawlers are often stereotyped as stupid, and Rempe may very well be stupid, but he's not so stupid as to not realize elbows to the head can do serious damage.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
I get it that brawlers are often stereotyped as stupid, and Rempe may very well be stupid, but he's not so stupid as to not realize elbows to the head can do serious damage.

I have no idea where you're going with this.

Things happen fast on an NHL ice surface. Kid is a rookie and adrenaline and hype were def a huge factor.

He absolutely got his elbow up. But you nor I nor anyone else besides Rempe know if it was intentional.

I tend to think that it was accidental.

But sure... you obviously know better than all of us.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I have no idea where you're going with this.

Things happen fast on an NHL ice surface. Kid is a rookie and adrenaline and hype were def a huge factor.

He absolutely got his elbow up. But you nor I nor anyone else besides Rempe know if it was intentional.

I tend to think that it was accidental.

But sure... you obviously know better than all of us.

I fully expect a Rangers fan to be completely impartial on this. /s

Jesus man, who you trying to convince, me or yourself?

Geoist

May 1, 2015
I mean... have I said anything factually incorrect here?

No? Cool story bro.

No, you're right. Rempe is a total Saint and should always be assumed as such unless he says otherwise. My god...

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
No, you're right. Rempe is a total Saint and should always be assumed as such unless he says otherwise. My god...
MacDermid:

"Obviously I'm always going to have a lot of respect for him (Rempe) he's a young kid just trying to do his thing to stay in the league and I understand that.
He's going to learn and you know he's a big tough strong kid so you know always respect someone who's doing what they can to stay in this league and he's had a good showing so far."

Geoist

May 1, 2015
MacDermid:

"Obviously I'm always going to have a lot of respect for him (Rempe) he's a young kid just trying to do his thing to stay in the league and I understand that.
He's going to learn and you know he's a big tough strong kid so you know always respect someone who's doing what they can to stay in this league and he's had a good showing so far."

Wow, imagine that: a professional athlete giving a diplomatic response to a reporter question. Never seen that before! /s

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Wow, imagine that: a professional athlete giving a diplomatic response to a reporter question. Never seen that before! /s
I mean... we didn't see it after the last game.

You seem to be holding a bigger grudge then the players. But you're obviously working with more information then any of us or them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad