Devils Rangers line brawl to start the game (8 game misconducts given out)

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
This is very much not the case anymore. Kid has lost all of his most recent fights quite handily. If you mean afraid of taking a cheap shot? Maybe yes in that context.
Like, what is the point of outright lying to try to win an argument?

Recent fights? He’s played in 14 NHL games and only saw real action in 11 of them. He’s 2-2-1 in fights. All of his “recent fights.” They are all recent.

Pathetic

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
None of this stuff ever intrigued me, but that's just because I'm a square. But better that the hacks get it out of their system and out of the way 2 seconds in so the rest of the game could be played.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Rags have to depend on a 1-3-1 to beat the Devils

Talent vs talent wise they know that the devils are much better

Off topic but NYR are easily a different tier.

Rempe being mocked by some but his fight was decent with at least one good punch landed. Then again, TNTs camera coverage was dizzying at best.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is very much not the case anymore. Kid has lost all of his most recent fights quite handily. If you mean afraid of taking a cheap shot? Maybe yes in that context.
You can't be serious if you think that is going to change other players being intimidated on the rink. There's a difference with the teams tough guy going 1 on 1 with him and players having the puck on the rink. We can agree that Rempe needs to tone it down with the reckless play, but players will still be intimidated with a player like that coming at them, regardless of "losing his most recent fights quite handily." You don't eliminate the problem because you beat him up... But for Rempe to be effective he needs to play within the rules and not be reckless. Obviously if he can't, he shouldn't be in the line-up because then he offers nothing.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
based on the postgame comments, it seems like they were exchanging banana bread recipes, which turned hostile (as those types of discussions often do).

anyway, it was really fun to see rempe get the brakes beat off him. and it was hilarious to see him waving to the crowd after as though he didn't just eat knuckles for a minute straight lol

more like the other guy beat the knuckles off on Rempe's helmet

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not only did they not show the fights, we never got a replay of what they were reviewing on the first goal.
The replay came right after the review. It was reviewed for offside. Very close but didn't fully leave the blueline. I am assuming the coaches didn't have the full video to view and basically from the bench it looked like it could have come over that line.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
You can't be serious if you think that is going to change other players being intimidated on the rink. There's a difference with the teams tough guy going 1 on 1 with him and players having the puck on the rink. We can agree that Rempe needs to tone it down with the reckless play, but players will still be intimidated with a player like that coming at them, regardless of "losing his most recent fights quite handily." You don't eliminate the problem because you beat him up... But for Rempe to be effective he needs to play within the rules and not be reckless. Obviously if he can't, he shouldn't be in the line-up because then he offers nothing.

What’s hilarious is that (assuming you’re a Rags fan), you saw this up close from the other side, just how utterly meaningless these guys are to the game of hockey, other than serving as a side clown show. Striking fear? Nah, just skate around the no talent douche.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What’s hilarious is that (assuming you’re a Rags fan), you saw this up close from the other side, just how utterly meaningless these guys are to the game of hockey, other than serving as a side clown show. Striking fear? Nah, just skate around the no talent douche.

I have no idea what you're trying to even say here or how this relates to a player nearly 6'8 on the forecheck...

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
lmfao again, stop it.

The Rangers put him out there because they knew they had to, because this is still hockey. This wasn't some unfair jumping, this was a mutual understanding. Stop.

Rempe deserved to answer the bell for a f***ing bad hit on Siegenthaler and then waving bye-bye to the rest of the team like getting ejected meant he was above it all. Somebody was going to f*** his day up, they mutually agreed to have it happen early. If you're an NHL fan and you recognize what fights are for you understand this.

you don't get to be the victim for a single second when the goober on your team is the one who caused this all to happen. Stop.
You are so concentrated on Rempe. What about the other four skaters that got jumped?

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
That's a bad take.
Its a bad take- Just watched the overheaded 4 or 5 more times to see if I missed something but i missed nothing.
Rempe and Macdermid was the given but didn't drop the gloves as quickly.
Vesey and Lazar went right away, might have even dropped the gloves before the puck actually dropped it is really close. Goodrow dropped his gloves on puck drop and skated right for Dahl. Tierney who was playing center, after Goodrow skated right past him to go to Dahl kinda looked like he was not ready for that. He looked around then followed Marino to his right past Vesey & Lazar who are on the ice. As Tierney and Marino skated over center ice Marino went towards Miller and Miller dropped his gloves and stick. Tierney looked up and saw Trouba skating towards him dropping his gloves. Think Vesey and Lazar had bad blood if I remember correctly Lazar got Vesey with a hit last year that Vesey didn't like and there was some bad blood- so they were going no matter what. Think Goodrow was the guy who turned it into the line brawl and then Marino followed by going towards Miller and then Miller and Trouba engaged. Think Marino doesn't go towards Miller if Goodrow doesn't go after Dahl. But as far as Marino is concerned, he is a defenseman, who is at his own blue line- skates over the red line to Miller's side of the center ice to go to him.
Marino went to Miller - he chose Miller!
You say Ranger fans chose to lie! Nothing could be further from the truth!
You don't like the choice of words- he chose the weakest link? There is no history between Marino and Miller so no reason to pick him other than he thought he was the weakest link.
I mean... you're not wrong... but that's in a vacuum. By the time the defense picked dancing partners the forwards were already squared off. Marino got to pick between Trouba and Miller.

He did pick the lesser fighter of the two (I don't think Miller has had an NHL scrap before this... but maybe I'm wrong).

That said, if both coaches knew what was going to happen, I think you would have seen Cuylle and Lindgren out there for the Rangers rather than Vesey and Miller, and Smith rather than Marino.
Lindgren can not fight- leads with his head!

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Anyone see the up close shots of Rempes hands? Getting ejected either way those 2 would have been better off taking the buckets off for sure

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
They should ban this salsa-dancing and get back to the game
I find it hilarious how much the Sportsnet broadcasters hated the tilt meanwhile the guys over on TNT were as giddy as can be. Guarantee you If Rempe were a Leaf and Laviolette was their coach and he had his guys commit to a line-brawl like this, you and just about every other Canadian fan would be in a pure state of praise and worship.

Reactions: egelband

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Tell you what that was a lot of fun. All of the frustrations from the season aside, this needed to happen.

Without talking about what hits are good what hits are dirty or whatever, all three Devil/Ranger games this year leading up to this one has resulted in Devils players getting injured. This HAD to happen.

I'm not sure what Lavi was so pissed about... the Rangers get last change at home. He put Rempe out there. I can guarantee you if the Rangers healthy scratch Rempe, the Rangers win this game 5-1.

I know it's pathetic, but this season has been an embarrassment for us. This team finally stepping up for each other after doing zero in the first three games... it had to happen.
I appreciate this take; the rangers entire roster is basically the result of “this has to happen” with them being too soft for too long. Good luck.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad