Devils Rangers line brawl to start the game (8 game misconducts given out)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't think the league and the refs like staged fights. They probably heard the chatter before the puck drop and warned everyone that they would get kicked out if they started anything.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
That was fun to watch. Man I miss that. With the pacifist NHL in 2024 this is a breath of fresh air to actually see men just going at it when the mood fits. Honestly, if we could ever have the NHL today with the skill and speed and lack of obstruction but still implant the animosity and physicality and tension of the 1980s or 1990s then you'd probably have the perfect product right there.

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Holy shit 🤣 not normally a fan of the staged fights but I gotta admit this was pretty awesome. You can tell Tierney and Marino don't normally fight but they saw all the carnage and said f*** it I guess we will fight too lol. Hopefully everyone is ok

Reactions: BB79

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
nothing lamer than staged fights

but i suppose that was still pretty cool to watch. a look back to the darker days of the NHL

• Haha

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
I likenthis from an aspect of its really cool and its fun to show non gockey fans buts it's also really stupid. Over somewhat that happened awhile ago. Idk if this was the Rangers starting a fight like this and then losing the game I'd be pissed. Who cares who wins a meaningless fight when you lose the game?

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
I don't think the league and the refs like staged fights. They probably heard the chatter before the puck drop and warned everyone that they would get kicked out if they started anything.
Which is a JOKE.

f***ing p***y league.

fighting is fighting. five minutes in the box is more than plenty. a game misconduct for fighting is p***y shit.
Get used to it, unfortunately. Plus the game was national on TNT so I’m sure Bettman will give the players and coaches a talking to.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Try and tell me you wouldn't be standing up in that building with goosebumps. Worth the price of admission alone.. then a decent game of hockey on top of it.

Was a fun game to be at tonight, even as a Devils fan. Great energy from the start, especially seeing Rempe and MacDermid in the starting lineup. Ton of people in my section had phones out recording before the drop of the puck as we knew something was about to go down. Glad NJ at least scored a few goals to make it interesting to the end.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I know there's that one guy earlier in this thread who can't really see it but man, Rempe got pumped again. I mean, good for him standing in there instead of bailing out and letting it go to the judge's scorecard... but he took a whipping in that one.

those front hand jabs looked like they were at least uncomfortable and one or two of those rights got in there, looked like the one he ate right as he was dropped to one knee kind of sucked.

I don't think I've seen a guy who is this big and wants to fight this often be so bad at using his range before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad