Proposal: Devils-Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Hmm where on earth did I say the isles should do it? Oh yeaaaa I NEVER said that. I said the Devils shouldnt do it. We lose the better player when healthy and as for cap space we have more than enough. So keep your player and we'll keep ours and don't stop working on that reading comprehension buddy.

Glad that 34 yr old Cammy with 3 yrs/$15m left on his contract, is so highly valued by NJ fans.
Isles imo would not touch that contract. How's that for reading comprehension?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
why would the Devils mind Camm's contract?

We wouldn't. I think Cams won't be with us when we are ready to compete, therefore I think we should trade him to bring in assets that will help when needed. A young RW or a offensive minded d man. Would probably come from a team in a win-now mode, up against the cap, internal cap team or a team with too many assets that they will loose to LV.
He has a NMC and would probably only waive to go to a team with a decent chance to win (I consider Isles one of those teams). I think retention of 50% or more is what it will take and I am ok with doing that. With that said I am not sure the two make good trading partners.
Lee/Strome/Nelson are all great players I would like to have but I think the Devils can grab more for Cams. I am sure I am in the minority with that but I can live with it. And I can live with just riding out Cams last couple years if need be.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Glad that 34 yr old Cammy with 3 yrs/$15m left on his contract, is so highly valued by NJ fans.
Isles imo would not touch that contract. How's that for reading comprehension?

We're barely at the cap floor, why do we give a **** about his contract?

He's a +60 point player with no signs of slowing down, and if he gets injured we just put him on LTIR.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Lee/Strome/Nelson are all great players I would like to have but I think the Devils can grab more for Cams.

Be prepared to be very disappointed. No one is trading an under 26, 25 goal winger or a 20 year old 50 point center for Midget Mike Cammalleri who last had 50 points seven years ago when he was 27. Have fun with that.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I like Cammalleri, not sure where he fits in NYI's lineup and salary structure right now though.

Too bad he wasn't a right winger.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Be prepared to be very disappointed. No one is trading an under 26, 25 goal winger or a 20 year old 50 point center for Midget Mike Cammalleri who last had 50 points seven years ago when he was 27. Have fun with that.

We will, man. No need to trade him, he was our best player up front last year by a lot.

I don't know why everyone always gets so confrontational in these posts. You like your guy, we like our guy. Isn't that enough?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
OP, want to explain why the worst offense in the league is trading their 2nd best forward (who had a higher PPG than Taylor Hall last year) to a division rival?

Any time someone starts using PPG instead of actual points scored, you can almost guarantee they are talking about an injury prone player whose actual point totals for the year are subpar. The last time Cammalleri played a full season was 2008. The last time he hit 50 points was 2010.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Be prepared to give away one of those fine forwards or worse one of those nice d men to LV for nothing

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Be prepared to give away one of those fine forwards or worse one of those nice d men to LV for nothing

Every GOOD team is prepared for that lol. The only teams not sweating the expansion draft are the crappy ones. Since every team will lose 1 player, why would we be worried about losing one of our forwards or defenseman? It's going to affect all teams.

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
Yet JVR has scored 30 goals and 60 points exactly one time but is considered
A 30 goal scorer . Just check the 783 trade threads with JVR.

I think you'll find Devils fans specifically to be on the opposite end of that argument in about half those threads

as for the OP, Camm is worth substantially more to the Devils than to the rest of the league by virtue of not only how little of a **** we give about his contract, but also the fact that his downsides would weigh down a return so hard vs his actual quality of play that he's literally untradeable

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Man Isles fans are quick to get defensive.

Trade doesn't make sense for either side - Devils need the better player in Cams, and the Isles want to hold on to their younger player who they believe has higher upside.

Can't we all just get along?

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
I think you'll find Devils fans specifically to be on the opposite end of that argument in about half those threads

as for the OP, Camm is worth substantially more to the Devils than to the rest of the league by virtue of not only how little of a **** we give about his contract, but also the fact that his downsides would weigh down a return so hard vs his actual quality of play that he's literally untradeable

:shakehead Better tighten your helmet little guy you got school tomorrow. The short bus will be out front to pick you up early. He was a positive on the ice this year so what downsides are you talking about. His offensive ability is clear as day. Do i think he would garner a big return, Of course not. But to say he is literally untradeable is crazy. In fact the devils have enough cap they could eat some of his salary and drive the price up for him a the deadline if they wanted.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Well.... actually it does?

And last year was his second full season, so it isn't like he did it one year out of 5. He, and Nelson for that matter very much have the potential for 30+ goals.

Crosby hit 120 points once

does that make him a 120 point player?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Or make a trade for someone better than Mike frigging Cammalleri?

You guys just signed PA Parenteau and Jason Chimera.
And Ladd for 5 yrs @ $5.5M per!
There should be no complaining about old players who can't play from any of the Isles fanbase.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Man Isles fans are quick to get defensive.

Trade doesn't make sense for either side - Devils need the better player in Cams, and the Isles want to hold on to their younger player who they believe has higher upside.

Can't we all just get along?

Nothing defensive about it

Isles with several young forwards getting close to nhl ready, would not touch 34 yr old Cammy's 3 yr/ $15m contract. He would have to be on a similar contract to PAP' s 1 yr/$1.25 deal and even then, isles imo would not move Lee for him.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You guys just signed PA Parenteau and Jason Chimera.
And Ladd for 5 yrs @ $5.5M per!
There should be no complaining about old players who can't play from any of the Isles fanbase.

Good thing for the isles that they have several young forwards on the nhl roster and Barzal,MDC,Beauviller , JHS knocking on the nhl door then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad