Proposal: Devils-Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If you guys actually want to keep him that's cool. I was just going by the sheer number of times he's appearing in other trade threads. Its turning into the NJ version of Emelin and a 2nd.

find me one thread that a Devils fan started that has Cammalleri being traded as the main piece of it

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
find me one thread that a Devils fan started that has Cammalleri being traded as the main piece of it

If it has to be one "started" by a Devils fan you're right. If any thread counts you can start with any of the Fowler threads.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If it has to be one "started" by a Devils fan you're right. If any thread counts you can start with any of the Fowler threads.

none of the Devils fans that post on the Devils forum actually believe that we could get Fowler for Cammalleri

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
BREAKING NEWS: Bad team wants a young player from the Islanders for their 34+ year old veteran. Bad teams states the Islanders would be absolute fools to not explore every possible avenue in acquiring 34+ year old veteran. 34-year-old veteran is compared to Andrew Ladd and Jason Chimera, without considering the difference between signing a UFA for nothing and giving up a 23-year-old former top-5 picks for said 34-year-old veteran.

You must have quite the imagination considering that's the only place this happened.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004

There was one thread posted where someone suggested Cammalleri for fowler. I don't think that poster has been heard from since. Not one rational Devils fan thinks the Devils could get fowler for camalleri. Just like every rational Devils knows the isles aren't gonna trade lee for camalleri and they also know they can't give up the potential scoring of cammalleri for lee. This trade just doesn't work. Neither team needs the other teams player. It doesn't work in any way.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm talking about in comparison to the player being offered up + how well he fills any wants/needs of the team.

He can't do what Cammalleri does (10 years Lee's senior) in 2-3 times more time at nearly the same amount of money and term, and yet it's somehow a great deal for NJ and a terrible one for NYI.

We've got Zajac if we want a pseudo 2nd-liner defensive playmaking center. No need trading a goal scorer for another third line mr dependable.

I'm a little dumbfounded about your logic behind this. If you are arguing cost vs. production vs need any which way you slice it you are ABSOLUTELY UNDENIABLY incorrect.

In fairness Anders only has two years under his belt, but here's the nitty gritty you obviously didn't research.

2015-2016 Salary PTS
Cammalleri 5 million 42
Lee 2 million 41

2015-2016
Cammalleri 5 million 38
Lee 3.5 million 36

How much each point cost their team:
Cammalleri 125k
Lee 71,428

And to your last point. Do the Islanders need another soft winger or a guy who can take the body and be a vicious presence in front of the net?

Your answers:

Pts vs money= Winner is Lee
Team need = Winner is Lee

I'd really like to see you prove all this wrong, but I don't like your chances. The only argument I can see you countering with is the quality of players....but that holds a slim margin when the differences are so big (Cammalleri woul d need to average about 60 pts a season to catch Lee in value per point and that's something he's only ever done twice in his career and the last time was 7 years ago. He certainly could have done it last year barring injury, but that in and of itself is the reason to not pick an older guy. Lee was injured too btw).

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Devils fans aren't trying to "dump" anything. This was proposed by an Isles fan, and most of the posts by Devils fans have been ambivalent about it

We love Cammy, we're not looking to get rid of him. The fact that Isles fans seem to think he has a bad contract (which he doesn't) is moot.

A lot of fuss over nothing.

Don't know where you got that....op is not an Isles fan that posts in our forums.

And as per my above post...I agree with you that I don't think Cammalleri's contract is currently a weight, it most certainly will be in the future. As far as Lee his contract is definitely more valuable (based on above evidence) and I would not give him up for a player on the other side of the hill with no ceiling left. I don't think Lee will be as dynamic as Cammalleri over the course of a career, but for now he's just as good production wise and has a different more important skill set for the Isles in particular. That's a good sign considering he's still improving.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I'm a little dumbfounded about your logic behind this. If you are arguing cost vs. production vs need any which way you slice it you are ABSOLUTELY UNDENIABLY incorrect.

In fairness Anders only has two years under his belt, but here's the nitty gritty you obviously didn't research.

2015-2016 Salary PTS
Cammalleri 5 million 42
Lee 2 million 41

2015-2016
Cammalleri 5 million 38
Lee 3.5 million 36

How much each point cost their team:
Cammalleri 125k
Lee 71,428

And to your last point. Do the Islanders need another soft winger or a guy who can take the body and be a vicious presence in front of the net?

Your answers:

Pts vs money= Winner is Lee
Team need = Winner is Lee

I'd really like to see you prove all this wrong, but I don't like your chances. The only argument I can see you countering with is the quality of players....but that holds a slim margin when the differences are so big (Cammalleri woul d need to average about 60 pts a season to catch Lee in value per point and that's something he's only ever done twice in his career and the last time was 7 years ago. He certainly could have done it last year barring injury, but that in and of itself is the reason to not pick an older guy. Lee was injured too btw).

So Lee scores fewer pts for almost the same cap hit and term in twice as many games.

Chances are he won't be playing a career-low total of games again.

For the record, I never said that the Isles should make this trade. peace.

Last edited:

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Chances are he won't be playing a career-low total of games again.

Probably not. He's probably going to miss 15-25 anyway, that seems to be his average. He probably has a better chance at hitting a career-low in games played than a majority of the leagues players. He's older than most and is proven to be injury-prone.

He's better than Lee but it's not like he's winning any durability awards anytime soon.

Regardless, both players seem to be better fits on the teams they play for right now

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Probably not. He's probably going to miss 15-25 anyway, that seems to be his average. He probably has a better chance at hitting a career-low in games played than a majority of the leagues players. He's older than most and is proven to be injury-prone.

He's better than Lee but it's not like he's winning any durability awards anytime soon.

Regardless, both players seem to be better fits on the teams they play for right now

This is pretty much it. Cammalleri has more effectiveness for the Devils than Lee would, even in a smaller # of games. Cammalleri wouldn't/may not be as effective for the Isles.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
lol wut

like none of that was said

You must have quite the imagination considering that's the only place this happened.

Clearly I'm just hallucinating Devils fans overvaluing their 34-year-old player:

Lee/Strome/Nelson are all great players I would like to have but I think the Devils can grab more for Cams.

Lee sucks and Cammalleri is one of the better wingers in the league.

I'm definitely making up comparing trading a former top-5 pick for a 34-year-old to the UFA signings the Islanders made. There isn't a single shred of evidence to support that claim, except all these pots:

You guys just signed PA Parenteau and Jason Chimera.
And Ladd for 5 yrs @ $5.5M per!
There should be no complaining about old players who can't play from any of the Isles fanbase.

This so many times over.

Andrew Ladd, signed for 7 years at $5.5M per, 18 points in 64 playoff games.

Michael Cammalleri, signed for 3 years at $5M per, 32 points in 32 playoff games.

That's almost double the production in half the games.

Where was that thinking when Ladd was being signed? Not to mention Snow gave Ladd that kind of cash/term

I don't care about the Isles signing Ladd, but then don't turn around and try to say that you'd only take Cammalleri on a ~$1.5 million contract or something. THAT is what is outrageous.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Clearly I'm just hallucinating Devils fans overvaluing their 34-year-old player:

I'm definitely making up comparing trading a former top-5 pick for a 34-year-old to the UFA signings the Islanders made. There isn't a single shred of evidence to support that claim, except all these pots:

My post was about Ladd vs. Cammalleri. I don't care about this trade proposal. It's Isles - Devils, even if it made sense it would never happen.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015

Clearly you were hallucinating the part where we said the Isles should make the trade lol We're not overvaluing anyone. The guy will win more games for NJ than Lee would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad