Post-Game Talk: Devils drop another one - lose 3-1 to Winnipeg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I honestly didn't check any previous post's, so here's my resume...

We played our best game since Philly, our defense looked way better whitout Volchenkov in the lineup, we had multiple chances to win that game but failed to capitalise on several scoring chances and it's pretty evident that we need to make a move to add some secondary scoring.

Pretty much agree. Need some primary scoring from our boys as well.

Wasn't long ago we were talking about the top of the conference now we're discussing 4 points from 9th. Let's stop the massive bleeding please.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I was not happy with how Moose played. Although it's hard to fault him for the first goal, he looked pretty bad, going down way too early.

The second goal was all his fault. No reason for him to be sliding across the crease like that when Byfuglien is already halfway behind the net.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I was not happy with how Moose played. Although it's hard to fault him for the first goal, he looked pretty bad, going down way too early.

The second goal was all his fault. No reason for him to be sliding across the crease like that when Byfuglien is already halfway behind the net.

:cry::cry:

Half his body was behind the net when Big buff went around the net. Not really sure what he wanted to do there.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Pretty much agree. Need some primary scoring from our boys as well.

Wasn't long ago we were talking about the top of the conference now we're discussing 4 points from 9th. Let's stop the massive bleeding please.

I think we'll turn it around, we're just going threw a bad funk. I also think that Lou has to be proactive, wich he might be doing atm, since it's pretty evident that we need secondary scoring cause Poni, Zubrus, Butler, etc aren't the answer.

We lost Parise and now Lou has to bring in a proven top #6 forward that will add a little more punch in terms of scoring threat.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
This team, I don't know..... I mean the Jets second goal (well actually the first one as well) was a ****ing terrible joke. But it wouldn't have likely mattered if this team could hit the ****ing net.

The Jets are garbage. I don't care how many games they have won recently, the team is GARBAGE. They're not a playoff team and it's pretty depressing that the Devils are losing to a team like this. NJ isn't playing anywhere up to their standard and they could have easily won this game if they weren't such bums in terms of finishing.

Without question, these last two losses have been miserable. If this isn't the low point of their current play, the next two months are going to suck horribly.

That's kind of harsh. The Jets may not be as great as the Devils , but they took 4 points away from you.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I think we'll turn it around, we're just going threw a bad funk. I also think that Lou has to be proactive, wich he might be doing atm, since it's pretty evident that we need secondary scoring cause Poni, Zubrus, Butler, etc aren't the answer.

We lost Parise and now Lou has to bring in a proven top #6 forward that will add a little more punch in terms of scoring threat.

I was gonna mention all of our lost goals from last season but I hit Ctrl+R which apparently wipes everything I just typed.

Dunno if Lou is gonna make a move before the deadline and I have a strange feeling he'll hold onto our 8 dmen too.

Oh and I think we'll turn this around shortly too. It's still a long season and we should probably end up somewhere between 5-8 this year again. It'd be nice if they started getting points soon though. If only Moose would stop flopping like a guppy. :(

That's kind of harsh. The Jets may not be as great as the Devils , but they took 4 points away from you.

Cool, bye.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I love reading twitter after we lose.

Someone wants Kinkaid to start tomorrow and then in the next tweet says if we lose, DeBoer will most likely be fired. #guaranteed

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Problem is, we're still without Zajac.... amiright? :naughty:

Okay_meme.png

Yeah...

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
If Carter isn't back for Saturday, do you think we'll actually scratch Butler and go with a Barch-Sestito-Matteau 4th line? That would be awful.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Devils played a good game, but a loss is a loss. Greene played big Buff poorly on the winning goal but he's a heck of a player, wish we had him or someone like him. But can't blame Andy for the loss, one goal is not going to cut it. Your top players have be your best and we had plenty of chances but guys like Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson and Elias are not burying the puck, I give Henrique a mulligan, this being is sophomore year. Don't see the Devils having the assets to add some scoring this year. Lou we'll have to go UFA for next season.

Last edited:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA

Someone wants Kinkaid to start tomorrow and then in the next tweet says if we lose, DeBoer will most likely be fired. #guaranteed

Glad I missed that

Now I see what you were talking about.

Last edited:

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Devils played a good game, but a loss is a loss. Green played big Buff poorly on the winning goal but he's a heck of a player, wish we had him or someone like him. But can't blame Andy for the loss, one goal is not going to cut it. Your top players have be your best and we had plenty of chances but guys like Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson and Elias are not burying the puck, I give Henrique a mulligan, this being is sophomore year. Don't see the Devils having the assets to add some scoring this year. Lou we'll have to go UFA for next season.

Age old problem JUST COULDN'T FINISH well and Moose with the bad move

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011

To be fair, I wouldn't mind it. Not because I think it's the better option over Moose, but because I just want to see how he'd do. I know a 48 game season is not one to be ****ing about, but damnit I'm curious

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
To be fair, I wouldn't mind it. Not because I think it's the better option over Moose, but because I just want to see how he'd do. I know a 48 game season is not one to be ****ing about, but damnit I'm curious

I don't have a problem starting Kinkaid. It was more that those tweets came from the same person, back to back.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Im a bit surprised that people arent ranting about firing the coach already. It used to be the off season sport around here, and with jmac even during the season. :laugh:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Im a bit surprised that people arent ranting about firing the coach already. It used to be the off season sport around here, and with jmac even during the season. :laugh:

Sutter and Mac didn't walk into the cup finals the year prior though. Pete is dealing with injuries, a lackluster lineup with a big gaping hole in the top 6, and a starting goalie out. I think he gets a stay of execution until the roster is back up to speed. Plus he isn't the one missing the net from 12 feet away.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
can I re-iterate that I'm not comfortable with Moose in net lately? I dunno if I want the rookie to start tomorrow but....come back Marty!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad