Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Go max chaos. Trade every pick we have in the 2024 draft

as a bears fan i laugh at mike ditka madness in NOLA

Screen Shot 2024-06-27 at 5.44.24 PM.png

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I don’t know why every team doesn’t just trade their draft picks for bottom 5 teams future 1st rounders like I always did. Win the Cup and get multiple lottery picks every year… that’s how you build a dynasty!

bullshit. the way to build a dynasty is 'one skinny, one medium and two fat'...

...and three f***ing zambonis

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
During their show discussing available free.agents earlier this week Devils Insider host Dave.Turner mentioned that Kasperi Kapanen played for Sheldon Keefe on the Marlies team that won a Calder Cup.

The leading scorer for that team in the playoffs?

Andreas Johnsson.

After winning a championship last season in Sweden, perhaps a reunion in New Jersey is on the horizon.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
During their show discussing available free.agents earlier this week Devils Insider host Dave.Turner mentioned that Kasperi Kapanen played for Sheldon Keefe on the Marlies team that won a Calder Cup.

Andreas Johnsson.

After winning a championship last season in Sweden, perhaps a reunion in New Jersey is on the horizon.

@njdevils1982

Also @ the general thread talk, yes, Matt Roy is probably a better option than Pesce. LA is equally as good as Carolina at shot suppression recently from what I remember.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Let's trade 10OA for Necas and sign Skinner in the same time! Would be awesome. I believe returning of Will Butcher or Ty Smith will help to replace Bahl on the left side.

Who cares about those Landeskogs, Nichushkins, Hagels, Colemans, Stones, Barkovs, Bennets and Tkachuks. Useless in winning. ELC talented players? Who cares about cap flexibility? Winning is about creating chances on rushes. You can ask Marner. Put all your money in 4-5 top forwards and no one will outplay your team. Defense is overrated too. Everything you need in modern hockey is pure offense and top level goaltending.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Let's trade 10OA for Necas and sign Skinner in the same time! Would be awesome. I believe returning of Will Butcher or Ty Smith will help to replace Bahl on the left side.

Who cares about those Landeskogs, Nichushkins, Hagels, Colemans, Stones, Barkovs, Bennets and Tkachuks. Useless in winning. ELC talented players? Who cares about cap flexibility? Winning is about creating chances on rushes. You can ask Marner. Put all your money in 4-5 top forwards and no one will outplay your team. Defense is overrated too. Everything you need in modern hockey is pure offense and top level goaltending.
If we did that and also grabbed Toffoli for a nice contract, there is no doubt in my mind this team would be stoppable.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
If we did that and also grabbed Toffoli for a nice contract, there is no doubt in my mind this team would be stoppable.
At least in PP. Imagine the same defense with Ty Smith and Skinner, Necas and Toffoli as forward additions. How it would be hard to play against us for teams like Florida or Dallas. Top 4 teams btw.
Would be fun because Necas deal is labeled as for "we should compete gere and now". It would be huge help here and now =-D

Even if we will not trade this pick we can draft Sennecke who is literally slower Necas or Zacha just without any centering abilities. And worser skating. At least we can rewin the Haula trade this way.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Andreas Johnsson.

Nico could use a winger on the third line.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I'll pass on Necas. He's not the player we need. Would I love to have him? Sure, of course. I would also love to have a Lamborghini but it doesn't make it practical. I personally think we should keep our #10 and have it be our final top 10 draft pick (hopefully). It would be nice to inject some bluechips in the lineup in a year or 2 when the core is fully in their prime (Luke, Nemec). Now having said that, there are certain players I would move #10 for. They are the ones that are nearly impossible to get. I would pack it up in a heart beat if it meant getting a player like Tkachuk. Even if not Tkachuk, the type of wingers we need to add are physical guys who can play on the top 2 lines. They don't need to be a line driver, they just need to be able to compliment Hughes. Crouse would work out great with Hughes. He's a dude I would target as well. Any chance we can snag him for Marino, Holtz, and a random draft pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad