Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Im not quite sure why the Devils keep targeting these PKers seeing as I was told there is no way they can replace 2 PKers in one summer, especially when those 2 were Kevin Bahl and Brendan Smith

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Im not quite sure why the Devils keep targeting these PKers seeing as I was told there is no way they can replace 2 PKers in one summer, especially when those 2 were Kevin Bahl and Brendan Smith
You understand to replace those two Nemec most likely comes out right?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Here we go again

IMG_6708.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is this the ridiculous drum you’re going to be banging all offseason? Good lord. He isn’t coming out of the lineup. A non possibility.
Then we aren't replacing two top 4 PKers it's impossible. It doesn't math.

And if you trade Marino we need 3 top 4 PKers.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've decided I don't think Pesce is happening.

I'm not saying it can't work, but I think too many other moving pieces would have to fall into place for it to make sense. Just doesn't work, really, in the way I think most FA signings and trades do. NHL personnel management tends to follow the path of least resistance, most of the time.
If Pesce can play the left side you don't need to move any pieces...there've been whispers here he can but no concrete yes or no on that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When a guy who hasn't won the Cup yet and is late in his career says money probably isn't the most important thing, you know what likely is.

Reactions: Alex NJD

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If Pesce can play the left side you don't need to move any pieces...there've been whispers here he can but no concrete yes or no on that.
The mention of a second RHD/PKer in Sean Walker makes it look like there is a more intent in my opinion. It really looks like they're looking for a replacement for someone on the right side.

Last edited:

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
The mention of a second RHD/PKer in Sean Walker makes it look like there is a more intent in my opinion. It really looks like they're looking for a replacement for someone on the right side.

Walker, like Pesce, notably has experience playing on the left side.

When a guy who hasn't won the Cup yet and is late in his career says money probably isn't the most important thing, you know what likely is.
Yep.

Weather.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
We have to grab a LD like Dillon at the very least, that would be my biggest priority right now after getting Markstom. This whole Pesce Marino stuff is insane, this shit reeks of Twitter engagement farming.

I was joking about Kulikov the other night, but this makes me think it wouldn't be the worst thing, if he didn't come with a massive cup bump contract.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
We have to grab a LD like Dillon at the very least, that would be my biggest priority right now after getting Markstom. This whole Pesce Marino stuff is insane, this shit reeks of Twitter engagement farming.

I mean if Walker and Pesce can play the left said I have to assume the Devils feel they are the better options for the left side then any of the LHD out there? Only reason I can come up with as to why possibly chase so many RHD.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Add Dillon and we are locked in.

What's his projected contract?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I was joking about Kulikov the other night, but this makes me think it wouldn't be the worst thing, if he didn't come with a massive cup bump contract.
Kulikov didn't want to resign with us the first time... maybe now he might thinks we're closer?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I mean if Walker and Pesce can play the left said I have to assume the Devils feel they are the better options for the left side then any of the LHD out there? Only reason I can come up with as to why possibly chase so many RHD.
Are they chasing those guys, or is it merely internet rumors?

I'd be surprised if they add a RHD. And if they do, I think that means Marino is on his way out. Just don't see them adding a RHD with the intent of playing him on his off hand.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It would be awfully strange to target two different Right handers with the intention to plug one in on the left side...

Very strange.

Reactions: HBK27 and Devil X
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad