Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Demidov literally has spent a whole year running head first into 5 players and deke-ing through defenses :laugh: Miss me with that cope shit.

Scouts/analyzers are wrong more often than my analog clock that doesn't work. Using them to make an argument is asinine and building your opinion of players through them is even worse.

I'm not saying demidov is different with the puck. I mentioned strength as a weakness also. That's true of demidov too. I gave you EVERY weakness they say michkov has, some shared by demidov. But the main point was michkov does not have close to the effort level when he does not have the puck. He's also an egomaniac so it's predictable he doesn't care when he's not in control. Watch, next you're gonna say michkov doesn't have attitude issues and in fact he volunteers at the local soup kitchens and saves abandoned puppies

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's insane how much he looks like Kovalev lol.

And like @Saundies said, I don't think I remember a pick that was seemingly so plug and play.

There's nothing glaring that HAS to be worked on. There's no 'pretty pleasing' the hockey gods that he'll grow or fill out or get faster or work harder. Of course he needs to keep working hard and what not like any young player does but nothing we have to really worry about
The things he has to work on are all pretty much physical.
His lower body strength for sure.
We got a gander at his pins and they are definitely out of proportion to his upper body on that frame.
I was joking about it pre-draft saying if we did select him Marty would pull him aside and let him know he has a regimen to help build up those legs.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Maybe I'm missing something and to be frank I don't follow the KHL at all, but Michkov was averaging 17+ min/game in the KHL last season, why would it be different for Demidov?
He wasn’t playing with SKA. He was getting healthy scratched at the beginning of the year before being loaned to Sochi.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
What I said.

But they have to start playing a smarter game from next year, they are getting extremely easy to read with these "ignore those we have interest in" tactic. The whole league knew they wanted Demidov they weren't hiding anything. So that's a big F for Hughes right there. This time it's without consequences, all the teams ahead got who they wanted, but it's not going to be like that every single year. We need better smokescreens.
the fact Chicago was willing to pull their pants down and mortgage the future for 4OA, tells me they knew we were all over Demidov.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll translate for everyone here - "I can never be wrong and will never admit to it even if I was". Truth is, you or anyone else don't know for another few years.
I know because I've watched plenty of Demidov and Michkov, love them both, I'll ridicule anyone that tries to make it seems like it's a Patrick Kane to Jonathan Toews situation to explain the worse numbers. Both players are Patrick Kane, and it's more than fine.

We gotta stop trying to roast other players just because were insecure about the decisions made.
I'm not saying demidov is different with the puck. I mentioned strength as a weakness also. That's true of demidov too. I gave you EVERY weakness they say michkov has, some shared by demidov. But the main point was michkov does not have close to the effort level when he does not have the puck. He's also an egomaniac so it's predictable he doesn't care when he's not in control. Watch, next you're gonna say michkov doesn't have attitude issues and in fact he volunteers at the local soup kitchens and saves abandoned puppies
The bolded is all we need to read, you have pretty evident bias to call someone you've never met, who's never had public psychological evaluation's and who you flat out just don't know an egomaniac.

You're also assuming Michkov has attitude issues because you've heard that on the internet.

The point is that neither try hard on defense and neither have bad attitude, the character assassination of Michkov is just normal behavior we've seen from fans of teams that try to cope with a decision they can't evaluate as rational. "There must be something more", nah. It's maybe just they misevaluated him and maybe they just preferred someone else.

Maybe I'm missing something and to be frank I don't follow the KHL at all, but Michkov was averaging 17+ min/game in the KHL last season, why would it be different for Demidov?
Because he cannot be loaned to Sochi, I believe. SKA refused to play Michkov because he said he wanted to play in the NHL, I assume they'll do the same with Demidov, but only they have to keep him on the roster or send him down to MHL or VHL.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Because he cannot be loaned to Sochi, I believe. SKA refused to play Michkov because he said he wanted to play in the NHL, I assume they'll do the same with Demidov, but only they have to keep him on the roster or send him down to MHL or VHL.
Hmm kind of disappointing then if our high end prospect doesn't play against quality opposition in his D+1 season (unless MHL is good opposition).

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
I know because I've watched plenty of Demidov and Michkov, love them both, I'll ridicule anyone that tries to make it seems like it's a Patrick Kane to Jonathan Toews situation to explain the worse numbers. Both players are Patrick Kane, and it's more than fine.

We gotta stop trying to roast other players just because were insecure about the decisions made.

The bolded is all we need to read, you have pretty evident bias to call someone you've never met, who's never had public psychological evaluation's and who you flat out just don't know an egomaniac.

You're also assuming Michkov has attitude issues because you've heard that on the internet.

The point is that neither try hard on defense and neither have bad attitude, the character assassination of Michkov is just normal behavior we've seen from fans of teams that try to cope with a decision they can't evaluate as rational. "There must be something more", nah. It's maybe just they misevaluated him and maybe they just preferred someone else.

No insecurities here, we haven't watched either in the NHL yet and I trust HuGo's judgment.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Scott Wheeler:

I can’t think of a better outcome for the Habs. We know where their young group of defensemen is at. Now, they’ve added two of the best forwards in the draft, one of whom is an elite skill guy and one of whom is a center with length, skating (Hage is one of the best skaters in the draft), skill (he gets high grades in this class here, too) and a profile that I love.

I believe that Demidov is the second-best prospect in the draft and is a home run for the Habs. A true game-breaker is the one thing it felt like their core was missing — the kind of player who can challenge for 90 to 100 points if things break right. There’s no guarantee that he will become that, but I see that kind of upside and he feels like a 70-to-80-point player at his floor. I think he’s going to make magic happen in the NHL and thrill one of the most passionate fan bases in professional sports. It’ll be great for the league.

And Hage might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I think he’s got a legitimate path to a long career as a top-six player. I comped him to Jordan Kyrou and I think that’s within reach.

This is a big day in the Habs’ rebuild and they had the best Day 1 of the bunch. One to remember.
Nice to read that!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What is different about SKA. Do they have a reputation for underplaying young prospects?

SKA is run by probably the smallest of all men in Roman Rotenberg. He's the fruit of nepotism and an actual ego-maniac, he routinely refuses to play players that say they want to be in the NHL and he would rather play 30+ YO yes-men than great young players like Michkov, Demidov or Khusunutdinov. He had all four to start the year on the same line last year in the KHL. He gave one game to Michkov (He played about 5 minutes) before deciding Michkov wasn't cut out for the KHL. He was out a week later. Demidov got I believe 4 games and he played around 6 minutes in each games, it's all he needed to know that he wasn't a KHL player.

the fact Chicago was willing to pull their pants down and mortgage the future for 4OA, tells me they knew we were all over Demidov.
They were in on Lindstrom, not Demidov.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
all the ''lesser competition'' arguments are from people who have short memory

Slaf played ''lesser competition at the olympics''

Cale Makar played in the BCHL and got drafted 4th and now he's pretty much the mcdavid of defense

L argument

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What I said.

But they have to start playing a smarter game from next year, they are getting extremely easy to read with these "ignore those we have interest in" tactic. The whole league knew they wanted Demidov they weren't hiding anything. So that's a big F for Hughes right there. This time it's without consequences, all the teams ahead got who they wanted, but it's not going to be like that every single year. We need better smokescreens.
I mean the smokescreen clearly worked, a lot of people thought Buium was a real possibility.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

Cale Makar played in the BCHL and got drafted 4th and now he's pretty much the mcdavid of defense

L argument
Never said it would impact his development or stop him from reaching his potential, I meant more as in seeing how he does against competition closer to NHL would have been interesting instead of burning down a C level league, IMO.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hmm kind of disappointing then if our high end prospect doesn't play against quality opposition in his D+1 season (unless MHL is good opposition).
It's about WHL level. I'm pretty sure he could maybe play in the VHL contractually and it's not a given he's not in the KHL.
Can we at least wait until both Demidov and Michkov play in the NHL before starting a pissing contest?
Why would there even need to be a pissing contest ? Why is there even one ? Are we having a pissing contest with Simashev and Leonard too ? It's so weird. Michkov is a great player and I would've liked to pick him but I'm not gonna go and call Demidov stupid ass things like "Egomaniac" because I need cope ?
No insecurities here, we haven't watched either in the NHL yet and I trust HuGo's judgment.
I've watched both in the MHL and KHL. It's pretty easy to see who has and who hasn't. Michkov is a better offensive player, Demidov is great in his own way and doesn't come with the size problem, which has value in itself. It's the only thing that should be said. None of that making stuff up about Demidov being a two-way player or Michkov being a team cancer.

Never said it would impact his development or stop him from reaching his potential, I meant more as in seeing how he does against competition closer to NHL would have been interesting instead of burning down a C level league, IMO.
I'll say that, as happy as I am with Demidov, the MHL is flat out too easy of a league for him and he's gonna develop some kind of Drouin-i-tis if he goes back again and does the same thing. I'm not saying he's Drouin, but it does create bad habits, that can't be ignored.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

L argument
Aren't those bad examples? I think Makar played in the NCAA in his D+1, and Slaf was in the NHL in his D+1.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00