Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
“One of the best scouts” and McCagg don’t belong in the same sentence regardless of context. There’s a reason he sticks to twitter and wouldn’t show his face here. I’ve forgotten more then that guy knows about hockey.

Bro read my post. I said it's dumb to think that. But tell me what he got wrong RELATIVE TO THE HABS in the last three drafts. No deflections, just the answer please

You mean like the Habs taking Sennecke at 5?
He had sennecke going at 3 and demidov at 2

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Bro read my post. I said it's dumb to think that. But tell me what he got wrong RELATIVE TO THE HABS in the last three drafts. No deflections, just the answer please

He had sennecke going at 3 and demidov at 2
Then he changed his mind because a couple of weeks ago he was talking Habs at 5. Youtube.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Height check anybody?

Untitled.png

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The things he has to work on are all pretty much physical.
His lower body strength for sure.
We got a gander at his pins and they are definitely out of proportion to his upper body on that frame.
I was joking about it pre-draft saying if we did select him Marty would pull him aside and let him know he has a regimen to help build up those legs.
Honestly the fact that he's this good without having big legs makes me even more excited. Get him in the squat rack or on the leg press (or doing the Bell stairs with Marty like you said) and it might make him even more explosive.

Better revive him because we’ll need him for any of this to amount to anything lol
He rose again on the third season.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
There was no C that was BPA even remotely at those picks.

That's true, there was only really a choice between a C in 2022. I'm certainly not complaining, I'm happy with who they picked, I'm pointing out they didn't force themselves to take a C, likely because they believe in Dach.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
That's true, there was only really a choice between a C in 2022. I'm certainly not complaining, I'm happy with who they picked, I'm pointing out they didn't force themselves to take a C, likely because they believe in Dach.
What I'm alluding to is that they couldn't force themselves to take a C because the talent gap between BPA and the next C was massive. It has nothing to do with Dach.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If you look at other rebuilding teams, those who draft very high three times in a row usually don't hit on every pick. Hopefully we hit on ours given that we've had dog shit draft luck since 2007.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So, is there any chance he ends up coming over this year? I know he doesn’t have a visa, and he has a contract in Russia, but if he gets a visa and wows at training camp, could he get an out from his Russian contract?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
That Hutson and Demidov picture is foreshadowing. Imagine these 2 building a Suzuki - Caufield type of chemistry. Having them buzzing around the ice looking for each other will be something else man.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I also think it says something about their belief in Dach that they didn't draft a C with any of those picks
I’m not saying they don’t believe in Dach, however, they did pick Hage who looks like a future top 6 player. Hedging their bets.

I was fairy certain they’d come out of this weekend with another top 2 C option (with a higher ceiling than Beck and Kapanen). They did that.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I’m not saying they don’t believe in Dach, however, they did pick Hage who looks like a future top 6 player. Hedging their bets.

I was fairy certain they’d come out of this weekend with another top 2 C option (with a higher ceiling than Beck and Kapanen). They did that.

Like any competent management they want players who can play C and if they have too many they can just put them at wing. Always good to have a surplus of centers like the old school Canadiens teams.

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
I'm a bit late to the party, but thank f**king god. I would have been upset if they didn't take him. He was my first choice (I thought they'd end up with Lindstrom, but preferred Demidov)

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
The point is that you said he's been getting it right for the Habs but he didn't since they didn't pick him at 5 like he was saying for a while. Really not hard yo understand.

Sennecke was picked at 3 so I don’t see the point and I think it was implied Mtl had Demidov over Sennecke. His name came up when people were debating Iginla and Lindstrom

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
The point is that you said he's been getting it right for the Habs but he didn't since they didn't pick him at 5 like he was saying for a while. Really not hard yo understand.
Yeah but nobody was thinking he was in the mix as a top 5 prospect. He deserves credit for knowing that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad