Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
1st overall, 5th overall and 5th overall.

To come out of that with Slaf, Demidov and Reinbacher feels good.

I also think it says something about their belief in Dach that they didn't draft a C with any of those picks.
I was just telling something similar to a friend
Instead of our rebuild going three straight years of 1st ov, 5th ov , 5th ov, which could be worse as far as rebuild foundations go, but there was always that fear who we took at 5 in this 3rd tank year wouldn't be special enough

But NOW it feels like we went more 1st ov, 5th ov, 2nd ov :D (and could be 1!)
And it's honestly just CRAZY something went our way finally
While still getting a hell of an RD piece out of it all last year as well

You can't rebuild with just 1 year and 1 first overall pick
It always takes a solid 3 top5 draft years at LEAST if not one or two more

Well, we're now 3 top5 drafts in, it's officially a success, and the next couple years are officially gonna be wild
Can't wait

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I was just telling something similar to a friend
Instead of our rebuild going three straight years of 1st ov, 5th ov , 5th ov, which could be worse as far as rebuild foundations go, but there was always that fear who we took at 5 in this 3rd tank year wouldn't be special enough

But NOW it feels like we went more 1st ov, 5th ov, 2nd ov :D (and could be 1!)
And it's honestly just CRAZY something went our way finally
While still getting a hell of an RD piece out of it all last year as well

You can't rebuild with just 1 year and 1 first overall pick
It always takes a solid 3 top5 draft years at LEAST if not one or two more

Well, we're now 3 top5 drafts in, it's officially a success, and the next couple years are officially gonna be wild
Can't wait

And we got to add those to a pretty good young core of Suzuki, Caufield, Dach and Guhle, with Hutson as a bonus.

I don't know how others feel, but I think we've got the pieces we need. Now the hard part of developing them all into a winning group.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
It's really starting to sink in that this actually happened. Yesterday I was so anxious following all the rumours, my brother was making fun of me for being so tense leading up to the pick lmao

Yesterday it was just relief and I felt like I could exhale after following all this shit all year, today I've just been grinning thinking about how amazing this is going to be for our rebuild. Amazing that we were able to get such a unique group of top guys out of 3 drafts between Slafkovsky, Hutson, Reinbacher, and Demidov.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wow interesting.

I'm sure most teams don't send their director of amateur scouting to Russia these days.
You know , lots of people like to make fun of him or talk negatively about him because of some of his hyperbole in draft vids but...

He's looking more and more like a GOOD hire for this franchise
I like the guys he targets
Gorton brought in the right guys man (Gorton himself WAS the right guy too, it was a miracle to even get him in the first place)

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
We don’t have Patrick Roy in nets. We absolutely desperately needed that high-end game-breaking forward to build towards a Cup.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Bobrov asked if Demidov was the steal of the draft: "That's an understatement"

More I listen to him more I soften on the Michkov thing. Must have been a real f***ed up situation for them to pass on him.

They look ecstatic to have Demidov just as much as we are.

This is a great day for this franchise.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
They weren’t kidding when they said Anaheim would be a bit of a wildcard. While I knew Demidov could certainly had gone to CHI, ANA or CBJ, I felt good about Lev and Lindstrom ending up where they did.

Anaheim stunned me with Sennecke. Not sure about him being a reach, but he’s gonna be a good one though.

Either way, the rebuild is looking a lot better now as we finally injected some elite offensive talent with Demidov.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
They weren’t kidding when they said Anaheim would be a bit of a wildcard. While I knew Demidov could certainly had gone to CHI, ANA or CBJ, I felt good about Lev and Lindstrom ending up where they did.

Anaheim stunned me with Sennecke. Not sure about him being a reach, but he’s gonna be a good one though.

Either way, the rebuild is looking a lot better now as we finally injected some elite offensive talent with Demidov.
Looking at the result of the poll grading the draft, I think everyone realized that that high-end offensive producer bucket has been empty for decades had to be filled.
By far the best vidéo of Demidov !!

Explications about his IQ, vision etc;..

What a player he is

I love players that bring something new. Some of the stuff he does is completely different .

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Demidov not only has very high hockey sense but has the skill to pull off what's in his head. I think MSL is the perfect coach for him. Demidov will thrive playing in MSL free flowing style of offense. This Habs team will be so freaking fun to watch in the next couple years!

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Also - take this big fat L all you people who were joking after passing on Michkov that we'd pass on Demidov.
I guess the "I love you all, what a good draft" vibe from this joker faded after not even 24 hours. Back to more potshots and bitterness at other Habs fans.

More I listen to him more I soften on the Michkov thing. Must have been a real f***ed up situation for them to pass on him.
They. Didn't. Rate. Michkov's. Game. Higher. Than. Reinbacher's.

Nothing f***ed up, nothing mysterious, nothing strange. They preferred another player. A player who broke/set records as a rookie d-man in Switzerland's pro league. Simple.

JackZap

May 7, 2009
Bobrov asked if Demidov was the steal of the draft: "That's an understatement"

They look ecstatic to have Demidov just as much as we are.

This is a great day for this franchise.

I feel the same way. Very few people out there could get real intel on Michkov and you could argue Bobrov was at the very top.. They obviously didnt like what they saw/heard. At some point you need to trust the people in place, im comfy with their decision.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I feel the same way. Very few people out there could get real intel on Michkov and you could argue Bobrov was at the very top.. They obviously didnt like what they saw/heard. At some point you need to trust the people in place, im comfy with their decision.
Bobrov's dad was at the very top, he's a scout for SKA.

Reactions: malcb33

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
By far the best vidéo of Demidov !!

Explications about his IQ, vision etc;..

What a player he is

I kind of forgot how crazy he is. I watched his highlights awhile back but never revisited them cuz I figured we wouldn’t get him.

Him and Hutson having the puck most of the time will make us an extremely fun team to watch at the very least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad