Confirmed with Link: Josh Brown signs 3 Years @$1.00M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Some say VDs replacement, but what If Ceci trade replacement, as it gives a pinnhole up for VD??

Possible imagination.

I would like to go ;

Ekholm Bouch
Nurse Broberg
Kulak VD
Brown - I think they miss one more mamman on the team. J Browns role , I would bet. Is being a nutcase for the opponent.

Ceci 4 million out.

Nuge McDavid Hyman
Kane Leon Arvidsson
Holloway Henrique Lavoie
Janmark McLeod  Brown

What about Tullio and Savoie?

Henrique is a prioritera to sign here. At almost every Cost.

Ceci or Nurse should be traded

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Br

Brown is worse than Vinny though.
Not crazy about the signing but I understand it.

Could be, like I said, I don't like to get hung up on 6/7D. The less they are thought about, the better the team IMO

I'd be more upset if Desharnais signs for the same, but I have a feeling he will be signing for a decent amount more, and in the cap world, that has to be taken into account.

Reactions: guymez

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Very literally the worst player in the NHL last year but buriable contract without incurring cap penalties so not much risk. Not sure why the hell we gave him term tho.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
People spend faaaaar too much time fixated on what is one of the least interesting positions in hockey (no offense), the 6/7D

If he sucks, they can play Kemp, Hoefenmeyer or whoever in his place.

Too much time and effort hand-wringing over a nothingburger position, contract etc
Man this place could go nuclear over a change in the edible cheese product in the macho nachos.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well, we found out sooner than later.

I don't believe that Desharnais is worth "twice as much" as Brown.

Yuck that he's a Cuck now.
I think that Vinny was worth $1.5M. He could sub in very short term as a #4.
IMO Josh Brown is pretty much useless.

Reactions: Vagabond

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I think that Vinny was worth $1.5M. He could sub in very short term as a #4.
IMO Josh Brown is pretty much useless.

Could, but really, really shouldn't.

He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. They can't spend non buriable cap on a 6/7D

I'm willing to wait and see how J Brown is on this team, with this system before passing judgement. Contenders need to be ruthless and can't overspend on marginal players like Desharnais

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Don't know a ton about this guy, but it seems like he's Vinnie's replacement?
Seems so.

He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs. They can't spend non buriable cap on a 6/7D

I'm willing to wait and see how J Brown is on this team, with this system before passing judgement. Contenders need to be ruthless and can't overspend on marginal players like Desharnais
Broberg pushed him out of the lineup, and he actually has top 4 upside. VD was a popular player, but ultimately he's dime a dozen player in the NHL.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I hope Akey is fully recovered and forces his way into the lineup for at least a few games. I have high hopes on this kid!

He looked like our best dman last preseason.

This Brown guy will probably be burried in Bakersfield.

As of now..

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Broberg
Kulak Ceci
Akey
Brown
Kemp

Hopefully later in the summer Ceci can be traded for a 5th rounder and go hard after an upgrade via trade route if needed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

To be fair though he ponly became a scratch when the games got towards the Conference final.
He has some strong games prior to that.
I think that Josh Brown is a 7/8 D.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
To be fair though he ponly became a scratch when the games got towards the Conference final.
He has some strong games prior to that.
I think that Josh Brown is a 7/8 D.

After the additions of Skinner and Janmark re-signing, I couldn’t care less about VD. Couldn’t have added those two with him at that cap hit

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
After the additions of Skinner and Janmark re-signing, I couldn’t care less about VD. Couldn’t have added those two with him at that cap hit
I agree about the forwards (I really like what they have done) but the defence could be better,
An upgrade will be required at the TDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spawn

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I agrre about the forwards (I really like what they have done) but the defence could be better,
An upgrade will be required at the TDL.

If Stetcher is back as well, they have a skilled puck mover that can slot in. Small but feisty, very smart player. I could see them giving him a shot to take the second pairing. His size is the downside but maybe the figure they can fit him on since everyone else on the d corps is above average to big

I think Ceci will be gone for cap

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If Stetcher is back as well, they have a skilled puck mover that can slot in. Small but feisty, very smart player. I could see them giving him a shot to take the second pairing. His size is the downside but maybe the figure they can fit him on since everyone else on the d corps is above average to big

I think Ceci will be gone for cap
I dont know man...I just dont think that a Stanley Cup contending team has Stecher on the 2nd pairing.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I dont know man...I just dont think that a Stanley Cup contending team has Stecher on the 2nd pairing.

They have until the TDL to bump him down.

And to be fair, a Stanley Cup contending team doesn’t have VD on their 2nd pairing either. The one that played until this day last week didn’t have him draw in for almost the last two full series

I’m just not as enamoured with VD as some. I liked him at league minimum. Not at $2M on a contender

Reactions: harpoon

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They have until the TDL to bump him down.

And to be fair, a Stanley Cup contending team doesn’t have VD on their 2nd pairing either. The one that played until this day last week didn’t have him draw in for almost the last two full series

I’m just not as enamoured with VD as some. I liked him at league minimum. Not at $2M on a contender
Well...I never said anything about Vinney being a 2nd pairing Dman except that he can sub into that role for short periods of time. So essentially I agree with you on this.
However its not about being enamoured with VD (lol) its just about recognizing that this defence (as it stands right now) is now worse than it was last season.
That could change if Broberg is a consistent 4/5 player next season.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Well...I never said anything about Vinney being a 2nd pairing Dman except that he can sub into that role for short periods of time.
Also its not about being enamoured with VD (lol) its just about recognizing that this defence (as it stands right now) is now worse than it was last season.

Apparently Stetcher isn’t a done deal, but I imagine it gets done

If the defense downgrades at the 6/7 slot to have all of these other upgrades throughout the lineup, I take it all day. It’s one of the easiest positions to trade for. They can rotate in a variety of young, hungry players to see if they have something internal. If it becomes an issue, a mid / late pick fixes it quite easily IMO.

I’d be a lot more concerned if VD hadn’t been bumped out of the lineup in the two most important playoff series this team has had in the McDrai era

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Apparently Stetcher isn’t a done deal, but I imagine it gets done

If the defense downgrades at the 6/7 slot to have all of these other upgrades throughout the lineup, I take it all day. It’s one of the easiest positions to trade for. They can rotate in a variety of young, hungry players to see if they have something internal. If it becomes an issue, a mid / late pick fixes it quite easily IMO.

I’d be a lot more concerned if VD hadn’t been bumped out of the lineup in the two most important playoff series this team has had in the McDrai era
Fair take.
I guess that we can agree that the team needs to do something at the trade deadline to improve the defence.
Assuming of course that Broberg starts the season in a top 4 role and is able to maintain that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad