Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We dont have any option except wing in top-6) if you know what i mean.

I dont like idea to bury him in 3rd line. Now he looks like he deserve much more.

Eventually yes but it’s early and the level he will see in NHL camp will be harder than the prospect games and then NHL exhibitions before we will be able to see what he will bring as a just 20 year old rookie in his draft +2 season. If he can play third line right wing minutes right off the bat I’m ok with it but I’d lean to sending him to the AHL and play RW1 to start. Let’s see what he looks like on Sunday

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Eventually yes but it’s early and the level he will see in NHL camp will be harder than the prospect games and then NHL exhibitions before we will be able to see what he will bring as a just 20 year old rookie in his draft +2 season. If he can play third line right wing minutes right off the bat I’m ok with it but I’d lean to sending him to the AHL and play RW1 to start. Let’s see what he looks like on Sunday

Absolutely agree. I do really like him, but no rush please. He deserve big minutes and we dont have a spot in top 6 for now. And I dont think he is ready enough to play top-6 role. 3rd line center is too much I think. 10-12 min is a bad idea for his development. The only thing I see for him as an option is to play with Mcleod and Wood in the third line and make all clean work for this line. And I think he will play some PK minutes. Anyway 1st line minutes in AHL is what I want for him in this season. Especially with good center, Fitz did trade for before. Like De leo, Gam...la(i dont remember his name) or Flynn. But I think they will try to play him in center role.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was hoping it’d be something to get fired up over but I think it’s just him spitting and it happens to be by the logo.

Nieds kicking their jersey will still remain tops for me.

57C8B1C1-A75D-4F6B-B8DE-97C4032B3AB4.jpeg

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It's crazy how many guys we are excited about on LD. If even half of them hit and none can make the jump to the right, a trade is in order. It's not a bad thing, and we've been excited about our D prospect group in the past and were let down, but I think this is different, I don't think there is anyway at least a couple of these guys don't hit.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It's crazy how many guys we are excited about on LD. If even half of them hit and none can make the jump to the right, a trade is in order. It's not a bad thing, and we've been excited about our D prospect group in the past and were let down, but I think this is different, I don't think there is anyway at least a couple of these guys don't hit.

It’s definitely an area of strength. Personally I see us having 5-6 guys with floors of at least bottom pairing nhlers, so some decisions will have to be made in the next 2 years.

Reactions: trufleshufle13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad