Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
What we thought of as the 4th line (Wood/McLeod/Bastian) last year might be the 3rd line today on paper. McLeod should be getting PK work all year. Maybe they penciled in Johnsson/Kuokkannen for now as the next 3rd/4th line wings and see Boqvist/Jankowski competing for the 4th center spot without clear special teams duties.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What we thought of as the 4th line (Wood/McLeod/Bastian) last year might be the 3rd line today on paper. McLeod should be getting PK work all year. Maybe they penciled in Johnsson/Kuokkannen for now as the next 3rd/4th line wings and see Boqvist/Jankowski competing for the 4th center spot without clear special teams duties.

Hopefully Mercer comes in as a center and blows the doors off and turns that 4th line into the 3rd line. I'd like for Boqvist to do that too but I unfortunately don't see it happening

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It’s hard to evaluate individual players on these things due to not having played with their teammates or playing in a specific system but I anticipate Bahl, Vujokevic and Mercer to be my standout players.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hughes didn’t spit in the Rangers logo on purpose… I think he was just spitting and happened to have been close to the logo when he did it. But I wish he did hock a big greasy chunk of lung butter on it .

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What other “bigger name” prospects are not playing ?
Luke , Shakir , could of this years draft kids ? I can’t remember the Finnish kids name we drafted this year that is pretty decent ?

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What other “bigger name” prospects are not playing ?
Luke , Shakir , could of this years draft kids ? I can’t remember the Finnish kids name we drafted this year that is pretty decent ?

Samu Salminen is who you're thinking of. I think Misyul fits as well

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
probably what will happen. The prospects games is probably one of the most overhyped things.

It is but I get it. First hockey in months (especially for us am I right!?) and prospects that we're hoping will be part of our future, I'm always really excited for these games.

Just one step closer to the real thing

Reactions: Darkauron

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It is but I get it. First hockey in months (especially for us am I right!?) and prospects that we're hoping will be part of our future, I'm always really excited for these games.

Just one step closer to the real thing

Yup I'm always excited for them too. It's just funny how year after year people have unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: Cheddabombs

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Previous offseason was longer. But I did wait this season even more. Don`t know why. May be it`s a brain trick.
Anyway. Lets Go, Prospects Devils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad