Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation) - Part III [MOD warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the idea just came from the episode where they pitched jerry’s show and george said it was about nothing

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Odd to play such a stacked forward lineup on the road and such a, well, not as stacked lineup at home.

Wondering what is up with Bratt. We will probably hear he is nursing something before puck drop on opening night...

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Devils are listed on the NHL Network tonight....Does anyone know if that going to be blacked out?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Odd to play such a stacked forward lineup on the road and such a, well, not as stacked lineup at home.

Wondering what is up with Bratt. We will probably hear he is nursing something before puck drop on opening night...
Yes it’s kinda a crappy lineup for a home game vs Rags.
I know they need to look at a bunch of youngsters and PTO guys yet but you’d think it’s clear who the guys on the bubble are and those who don’t have a chance are? I guess it’s nice to reward the kids for their hard work and let them experience a home game vs a rival.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The Devils are listed on the NHL Network tonight....Does anyone know if that going to be blacked out?
Blackouts are voodoo to me . I have no idea how they work as it makes no sense to me sometimes. I get blacked out of Edmonton Oilers games a lot and I live 400 miles away. It seems random and makes no sense where some games will be blacked out while others are not and it appears the same channels and networks are broadcasting the game?

Reactions: Mgd31

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Email from MSG

We want to tell you how sorry we are that you are no longer able to see your team’s games on MSG Networks. While we’ve tried very hard to reach an agreement with Comcast, we deeply appreciate that it’s ultimately the fans who suffer the most, and that’s not fair.
Unfortunately, we are not optimistic that Comcast has any interest in finalizing a deal and expect that they will continue to withhold our programming. We want you to know that -- despite what Comcast is saying – we came to the table with proposals that are consistent with their current deal and deals we have with other major providers. In addition, we offered to keep our programming on while we work out our differences—so we could provide you with live Knicks, Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Red Bulls games, as well as daily live, original content. We had hoped Comcast would agree this was in everyone’s best interests, but they declined.
This is not the outcome we had wished for, and we want to do everything we can to make sure you get the games you deserve and pay for. We wanted to highlight a few options – which you can access at keepmsg.com:
  • Tell Comcast how you feel and urge them to get MSG Networks back on air
  • Learn how to switch to another provider who offers MSG Networks
To give you time to find a new provider, and in an effort to help you stay connected to your teams on MSG Networks, we’re developing virtual viewing experiences for the first week of our teams’ regular seasons. While space will be limited, we’ll do our best to accommodate you. If you’re interested, please CLICK HERE to sign up or email [email protected]

Please know that we did everything we could to try and avoid this. We thank you for your continued support.
The MSG Networks Team

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Email from MSG

We want to tell you how sorry we are that you are no longer able to see your team’s games on MSG Networks. While we’ve tried very hard to reach an agreement with Comcast, we deeply appreciate that it’s ultimately the fans who suffer the most, and that’s not fair.
Unfortunately, we are not optimistic that Comcast has any interest in finalizing a deal and expect that they will continue to withhold our programming. We want you to know that -- despite what Comcast is saying – we came to the table with proposals that are consistent with their current deal and deals we have with other major providers. In addition, we offered to keep our programming on while we work out our differences—so we could provide you with live Knicks, Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Red Bulls games, as well as daily live, original content. We had hoped Comcast would agree this was in everyone’s best interests, but they declined.
This is not the outcome we had wished for, and we want to do everything we can to make sure you get the games you deserve and pay for. We wanted to highlight a few options – which you can access at keepmsg.com:
  • Tell Comcast how you feel and urge them to get MSG Networks back on air
  • Learn how to switch to another provider who offers MSG Networks
To give you time to find a new provider, and in an effort to help you stay connected to your teams on MSG Networks, we’re developing virtual viewing experiences for the first week of our teams’ regular seasons. While space will be limited, we’ll do our best to accommodate you. If you’re interested, please CLICK HERE to sign up or email [email protected]

Please know that we did everything we could to try and avoid this. We thank you for your continued support.
The MSG Networks Team

i love those emails lol. 'hey, we make a lot of money but we'd like to make just a bit more, so go bother them about it.'

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Have you not received the memo? Hughes is old news, our saviors Mercer and Holtz are here now.
These guys do not get it. Mercer and Holtz are

impact-the-whole-fn-show.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I do wonder who (if anyone) generally winds up ‘winning’ these cable standoffs

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I do wonder who (if anyone) generally winds up ‘winning’ these cable standoffs

I would guess it’s normally the cable operator who gives in and then raises rates to compensate.

Streaming and wide use VPNs seems to change the equation a bit and I think should make the cable partner and channel work closer together but apparently not.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many guys are still left on the roster? I can’t find how many cuts there’s been yet.

I haven’t been following as closely as I’d like, though I was able to catch the game on Wednesday and will catch tonight’s.

I’ll be much more into form when the regular season starts. I’m still in off-season mode.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
How many guys are still left on the roster? I can’t find how many cuts there’s been yet.

I haven’t been following as closely as I’d like, though I was able to catch the game on Wednesday and will catch tonight’s.

I’ll be much more into form when the regular season starts. I’m still in off-season mode.

I don’t think there have been any cuts. We have B2B games today and tomorrow so probably after those.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

I think ours have to be in Sunday night or Monday morning.

Reactions: Bleedred

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
I love the whole "we tried everything"...how about just offering the channel and app as a paid streaming service like EVERYONE else?

It's great seeing one cable provider crying about another treating them unfairly.
Unfortunately, it isnt that simple

While I admit the entire industry is 'corrupt' in the sense that they make counter intuitive moves for higher costs and completely ignore the consumer .. networks are locked into contracts which involve broadcast and streaming rights; so I would have to assume Comcast is, legally, not allowed to do such a thing

Theres obvious money that can be made but thats what makes you have to take a moment and think theres a roadblock; otherwise thatd be the case for every platform and the teams would lose money.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas

Sources are telling me that Fitz asked Bratt to help Blackwood turn on his laptop and do research so will not play tonight.

Reactions: FooteBahl

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Bernier-Daws tandem going into the season. :sarcasm:

Give the Devils a couple more preseason games and this sarcasm could become harsh reality. I doubt it.

Then again maybe Fitz is enacting a modified Lou act. "We won't cut you, but you need to get a vax to play. The rest of the team is not worth risking on the behavior of one guy. We're not going to go through last year again."
Doubt he has that degree of toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad