Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation) - Part III [MOD warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
@Welcome2Hell because the ownership and front office should be doing what's best to protect their fans and their community. People who aren't interested in protecting themselves and their communities are the ones who as you said should "stay home"

I am staying home though but that's more of a principle at this point for me because our front office is an embarrassing joke and clearly don't give two f***s about the people in the arena. f*** them.
It can't be just the front office? They have to be getting guidance from the State...they just have to be, I couldn't imagine any large public venue not in constant contact with health officials during this time?

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
Oh you must have not heard from the others. Johnsson is not even an NHL player.
Lol no one is saying he ain't a NHL player but he's not a fit for our team. We got multiple players who are better for the top 9 & he's not a player you want on the 4th line. We got multiple rookies who would come in & be instantly better then him.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Once again, the vaccine's job is to protect you. Not the owner's of the Devils

And that's their decision. Just like it will be my decision to cancel my season tickets if it comes to it after 20 years if the team decides money is more important than their fans and communities safety if they aren't willing to work with me.

This team can pretend like there's a waiting list of people for season tickets but we all know there's not. Gonna be interesting to see how much money the plague rats truly spend on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Auto Pilot

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
It can't be just the front office? They have to be getting guidance from the State...they just have to be, I couldn't imagine any large public venue not in constant contact with health officials during this time?

The front office and ownership could impose vaccine proof only if they choose to do so. Just like Starland Ballroom and numerous other concert venues in the state of NJ are doing.

They are simply choosing not to because they fall back on "we are following the guidelines of the local and state governing bodies" because our owners and front office are spineless sacks of shit and don't want to deal with a bunch of mouth breathers on social media complaining to them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Lol no one is saying he ain't a NHL player but he's not a fit for our team. We got multiple players who are better for the top 9 & he's not a player you want on the 4th line. We got multiple rookies who would come in & be instantly better then him.

He’s perfectly fine for our top 9 with any kind of offensive bounce back. I’ve also literally seen him called the worst player in the league here which is completely asinine

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
However, this clearly isn't the case based on the Devils insistence on getting him vaccinated and Blackwood's comments. The Devils would flat out tell us if Blackwood couldn't get the vaccine for health reasons. Would save us the PR nightmare.
Excellent point.

Who knows, maybe he had it ultra rough and the thought of getting a second dose is scaring the shit out of him. Maybe he knows someone that died of it and getting a second dose is scaring the shit out of him.
The odds of that being the case as far as knowing someone who died from it are insanely slim. As far as him being scared of the shot because he had a rough go of it... THATS EXACTLY WHY HE SHOULD GET IT.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
He’s perfectly fine for our top 9 with any kind of offensive bounce back. I’ve also literally seen him called the worst player in the league here which is completely asinine
The problem is who can he replace in our top 9? As it stands we got Sharangovich, Hughes, Tatar, Zacha, Nico, Bratt, Kuokkanen, McLeod (3c), and Mercer whose basically assured to make the team & if he does it will be on the 3rd line. Johnsson isn't a better option then any of those players.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Anyone who has seen me post in the other thread knows where I stand. So it may be confusing to hear me say "cool out a second". For starters, he had it. So he may still have an acceptable level of antibodies for the time being. Second - we don't know what's going on with his body.

Let's just wait a week for the pitchforks. It would suck if he didn't play. But - you have to take both sides of a vaccine mandate. If a player exercises his choice not to take it - then we as fans need to eat it.

EDIT: I also just read he had ankle surgery. So he may be trying to pick his time in the rehab schedule. Either way - let's at least take some time to see how this develops.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Anyone who has seen me post in the other thread knows where I stand. So it may be confusing to hear me say "cool out a second". For starters, he had it. So he may still have an acceptable level of antibodies for the time being. Second - we don't know what's going on with his body.

Let's just wait a week for the pitchforks. It would suck if he didn't play. But - you have to take both sides of a vaccine mandate. If a player exercises his choice not to take it - then we as fans need to eat it.

EDIT: I also just read he had ankle surgery. So he may be trying to pick his time in the rehab schedule. Either way - let's at least take some time to see how this develops.
Listen pal, we took these pitchforks out like a week ago when we thought it was that other dude. We can't just put them away with out using them.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
shame-shame-on-you.gif
Well clearly they couldn’t convince him so I think they may have just lost their patience. They had to listen to his gibberish for days while humoring him in hopes of convincing him to get the damn shot.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

If he has another year like last year we can send him off but I think we can give him another chance in a normal year.

Reactions: Hisch13r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad