Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation) - Part III [MOD warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Jesper Bratt had 3 more assist in 10 less games than Jack did last season. I am not sure I have seen "incredible vision" from Jack. He does have excellent anticipation and is supremely skilled. But I am not seeing high level decision making from Jack. Perhaps that comes with time (I personally think that is more innate, more Wonderlic kind of stuff, but it certainly can be honed)
Tell us again how you don't hate Jack, just about every take you have on him is beyond reason, I think you really do get a kick out of trolling some of us here and we really need to stop feeding you.

He could score 50 goals and 100 assists this season and you'll still crap on him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The hype train is gonna really get going once Dougie singlehandedly turns the PP decent. A crappy PP will be what keeps Jack from getting the sexy point totals. I don’t think that will be a problem now that we have Dougie.

Nico's PP play early on was also what was holding him back from being like a 65 pt guy too. Improvement from him their could be huge

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tell us again how you don't hate Jack, just about every take you have on him is beyond reason, I think you really do get a kick out of trolling some of us here and we really need to stop feeding you.

He could score 50 goals and 100 assists this season and you'll still crap on him.

Weird thing you are doing here...Not dismissing anything I am saying just attacking me?

How could anything I said be constituted as trolling? I get that most don't like Hughes being criticized but I really don't care what you don't like...Its my opinion and I think it is a very valid opinion

And this statement: "He could score 50 goals and 100 assists this season and you'll still crap on him"... It's a f***ing joke. He has 52 career points! You are acting like he is producing and he is doing well and I am being over critical when NOTHING can be further from the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck Dancer

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021

His takes aren’t too outlandish. Everyone is saying elite this and elite that but we have nothing to show for it as of today.

I think Jim will hop on the bandwagon when we’ll see elite stats and by stats, I’m talking about goals, assists and points… not corsi, CF%, etc.

I kind of agree with Jim but to a lesser degree and that’s ok. I can also understand that we’re talking with Devils fans and 99.9% of every fanbase will "protect" the so called future of our franchise no matter what.

Reactions: RememberTheName

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Based on what I've seen so far:

Sharangovich - Hughes - Holtz
Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Tatar - Mercer - Kuokkanen
Vesey - McLeod - Wood
Extra(s): Johnsson, Boqvist

Graves - Hamilton
Smith - Severson
Siegenthaler - Subban
Extra(s): Jaros

Blackwood
Bernier

Tatar over Zacha

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Weird thing you are doing here...Not dismissing anything I am saying just attacking me?

How could anything I said be constituted as trolling? I get that most don't like Hughes being criticized but I really don't care what you don't like...Its my opinion and I think it is a very valid opinion

And this statement: "He could score 50 goals and 100 assists this season and you'll still crap on him"... It's a f***ing joke. He has 52 career points! You are like he is producing and he is doing well and I am being over critical when NOTHING can be further from the truth.
You said this: " I am not sure I have seen "incredible vision" from Jack"

I just posted a video showing he exactly has that ability, he makes passes with INCREDIBLE vision all the damn time, the fact you don't see that or suggest he can't makes me question your ability to judge hockey talent. It's that simple.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I just posted a video showing he exactly has that ability, he makes passes with INCREDIBLE vision all the damn time, the fact you don't see that makes me question your ability to judge hockey talent. It's that simple.
The guy with "incredible vision" has 34 assist in 117 games....Spin that any way you want but that is the reality of the situation.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Tatar over Zacha

Why remove Zacha from a line we all know works and saw him lead the team in goals and points last year?

Tatar is a good forward with a lot of weakness and trying to force him on our top lines creates more issues then anything else. Let him play with a line that ressembles what he had in Montreal and slide him on our top PP unit, that’s how we’ll get the best out of him.

Reactions: nugg and Guadana

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
but it's hungry
A1F3BE78-2D86-4845-8C01-601F612F4C8B.gif

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

And this statement: "He could score 50 goals and 100 assists this season and you'll still crap on him"... It's a f***ing joke. He has 52 career points! You are acting like he is producing and he is doing well and I am being over critical when NOTHING can be further from the truth.

i don't think you said anything wildly out of line either, but your reputation proceeds you. such is life

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
They have chemistry, i.e. they were all drafted by New Jersey and are under 25.

So the guy has a career year playing alongside Hischier and Bratt, led the team in goals and points, yet some are saying that there’s no real sign of chemistry?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

I just posted a video showing he exactly has that ability, he makes passes with INCREDIBLE vision all the damn time, the fact you don't see that or suggest he can't makes me question your ability to judge hockey talent. It's that simple.

Don't waste your time. Honestly, seeing just one side of this conversation (and some others) is such a relief. It's all in bad faith. It took me a while to demonstrate it, but I did.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The guy with "incredible vision" has 34 assist in 117 games....Spin that any way you want but that is the reality of the situation.

Jim in one argument: You’re letting numbers blind you to what your eyes show you.

Jim in another argument: These are numbers and your eyes aren’t needed.

————

A good troll could be consistent in how they argue.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I think their chemistry is wildly overrated

I would agree somewhat, I don't think they were so good that you can't break them up, but they were demonstrably more effective than some of the other combinations we tried last year.

Also I get the impression Mercer might be similar to Kuokkanen in the sense that he's a swiss army knife player who can be productive with virtually anyone as his line-mates, so I'm fairly certain it wouldn't matter which of Tatar or Zacha was plugged in on the Mercer & Kuokkanen line.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Don't waste your time. Honestly, seeing just one side of this conversation (and some others) is such a relief. It's all in bad faith. It took me a while to demonstrate it, but I did.
You're right man, there is little doubt he enjoys this and we need to stop feeding him.

Reactions: Triumph
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad