Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Which is why he's going to get overpaid because he has never done that before LOL.

Ha! Yeah, I thought that too although the fact that no team was willing to give up a clean 3rd round pick for him makes me wonder. I do think if he has a strong playoffs he could get overpaid, and the team that pays him will seriously regret it. I will root for him to prove me wrong though, I appreciate the hell out of the season he gave us.

Reactions: TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Ha! Yeah, I thought that too although the fact that no team was willing to give up a clean 3rd round pick for him makes me wonder. I do think if he has a strong playoffs he could get overpaid, and the team that pays him will seriously regret it. I will root for him to prove me wrong though, I appreciate the hell out of the season he gave us.
100% defensemen that are warriors will always hold a place in my heart. Even though he was a Ranger I have so much damn Respect for Dan Girardi lol.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Power-Hamilton
Smith-severson
Murray-subban
Seigenthaler extra

:rolleyes:
That's presuming Power is ready next year. Question is, what happens in 2 years when Subban is gone, or in 3-5 years when Hamilton has lost a couple steps. The RHD pipeline is fairly barren.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think power and beniers might be the only nhl ready players. Clarke and Hughes are 1-2 years away at least

We don't really need them next year. Realistically you are looking to try and make real noise in two to three years.

Next year you are looking for improvement and a true push to make the playoffs but not expecting to do much if you get there.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
We don't really need them next year. Realistically you are looking to try and make real noise in two to three years.

Next year you are looking for improvement and a true push to make the playoffs but not expecting to do much if you get there.
Oh I agree I just think power and beniers are going to be the first 2 picks and probably will play in the nhl next year since when is the last time a first overall didn’t play in the nhl the year after they were drafted. Jack Hughes should have played in the ahl after he was drafted but that didn’t happen

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh I agree I just think power and beniers are going to be the first 2 picks and probably will play in the nhl next year since when is the last time a first overall didn’t play in the nhl the year after they were drafted. Jack Hughes should have played in the ahl after he was drafted but that didn’t happen

Jack doesn't make the strides he has made defensively without being in the NHL last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad