Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Devils' Hischier has a concussion, broken nose

We don’t get any information from our beat writers, but this article just says plainly that he got a concussion. Don’t know if it’s true.

Hmmm...

That's the problem.

The Devils themselves have not confirmed or even MENTIONED a Concussion but someone from the AP claims it is a concussion just 'cause he went into Concussion Protocol.

If he truly had a concussion, we would've heard it by now from the Devils.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
How’s foote been playing? I was really hoping he would be a legit top 6 player but I don’t really follow prospects. Thanks I’ll hang up and listen for your answers

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Hmmm...

That's the problem.

The Devils themselves have not confirmed or even MENTIONED a Concussion but someone from the AP claims it is a concussion just 'cause he went into Concussion Protocol.

If he truly had a concussion, we would've heard it by now from the Devils.
So is the reason they waited to do the surgery was because his symptoms could have been a concussion, and maybe the surgery makes it worse? So they had to wait to make sure no concussion before doing it? If so, their approach makes sense.

Reactions: epskate and glenwo2

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
How’s foote been playing? I was really hoping he would be a legit top 6 player but I don’t really follow prospects. Thanks I’ll hang up and listen for your answers
Hes playing pretty well so far this season. I personally dont think hell be a top 6 guy, more middle six, but that debatable obviously. I think he going to be a nice player for us, but not a star IMO

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would protect Nico, Bratt, Wood, Kuokkanen, Yegor.

I am not sure on the 7th. Assuming Travis and Palms aren't resigned I guess McLeod. I don't like protecting Johnsson over any younger guy.

Reactions: glenwo2

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kuokkanen and Sharangovich have really separated themselves from the rest of the rookie forwards.

Bastian hasn't really been actively bad but he has a very limited ceiling to the point where he would be easily replaceable. I wouldn't cry if we lost McLeod either, he's been fine but hasn't stood out in any way.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also as far as I can tell we have to expose at least one of Subban or Butcher, and considering his recent play I still think it's Butcher who gets exposed.
Is that even a question? Subban is over paid, but we're not a cap team, so who cares? Thankfully he has rebounded from that stretch where he was horrific right after the COVID 2+ week break, and he's back to being a decent top 4 defenseman that has faults.

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad