Devils 2021 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woncka

Jan 19, 2021
I agree. Sandin would likely be fighting for a top 3 slot on the Devils prospect LD rankings. Robertson could come in and help the Devils almost immediately.
You think so? Id think Sandin could be on the team as soon as this or next season, and would easily be our best defensive prospect

Robertson I have behind Mercer and Holtz

id take Robertson btw, just think Sandin fills a bigger need

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I would like to remind everyone that this is a bizarre year, and there may not be many trades at the deadline. Additionally, the return on trades may also be down. Fitz might have to get creative with contract retention to get better values. Don’t be disappointed if some of your least favs are around after the deadline. The other option is to trade some fan favorites. How bad do you want to keep Bratt or Wood?

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Andy Greene was the Devils captain last year

did that make him more untouchable than Jack Hughes?

Think about what you're saying.
To be fair I think if you slap the C on your best player whos also young and embodies what the team wants out of its players its a little different then your 36yr old over the hill captain.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Blah, I already have enough reasons not to bother attending a game this year but can throw this up as another one. Wake me up when it's next year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That type of injury doesn’t sound like it should hamper Nico long term, correct?
Long term probably not, but even if he comes back he might not be 100% depending on how his breathing is. It's tough to wear a mouthguard and breath 100% through your mouth.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
To be fair I think if you slap the C on your best player whos also young and embodies what the team wants out of its players its a little different then your 36yr old over the hill captain.

To also add, Andy was an upcoming ufa who they clearly didn't want to bring back so it made sense to get something for him.

Derps

Jul 1, 2018
Long term probably not, but even if he comes back he might not be 100% depending on how his breathing is. It's tough to wear a mouthguard and breath 100% through your mouth.

Pretty much no reason to let him touch the ice until he's 100% anyway. I'd rather sit him 10 games too many than 1 game too few.

Maybe he gets the last 10-15 games of the season to get some momentum on his side for next year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
3 weeks might easily become 5 if he isn't comfortable.
Definitely. Depends on how his face heals. You can play wearing a full shield with a facial injury, but if it's impacting your breathing or causing some other issue, you might have to wait until it's fully healed.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I think he was concussed, so that could definitely be a long term issue. But I doubt the sinus issue is anything.
I just hope it was a minor/mild concussion (if there is such a thing) or that the issues from the sinus issue presented as concussion symptoms...but I’m a half glass full kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad