Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i never leave

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
Saw Michael Mcleod on the ice yesterday in Oakville, ON. The kid looks really good, looking to prove people wrong and crack the roster or at least be an extra. Not many spots open but look for him to have a good preseason

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saw Michael Mcleod on the ice yesterday in Oakville, ON. The kid looks really good, looking to prove people wrong and crack the roster or at least be an extra. Not many spots open but look for him to have a good preseason
There doesn't look to be enough spots for him for opening night, unless a couple of people get injured.

I don't think we'll be seeing him as an extra either. He'll be the first line center in Binghamton. They're not gonna keep him upstairs. If he were on the roster, he'd be playing most nights.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There doesn't look to be enough spots for him for opening night, unless a couple of people get injured.

I don't think we'll be seeing him as an extra either. He'll be the first line center in Binghamton. They're not gonna keep him upstairs. If he were on the roster, he'd be playing most nights.

Tougher now than it was 2 months ago for sure, but if he plays his way onto the roster, there's a spot for him.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think I've watched MTV before they started having the VMA's.

Actually, I probably didn't, as I'm pretty sure they had them by the beginning of the 90's, if not even earlier.

I used to watch Beavis and Butthead on MTV, the first run of it. Never watched the revival they did several years back. I only turned the channel on for that by the late 90's, but they used to have some cool videos at really late hours and Headbangers Ball was kind of cool.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tougher now than it was 2 months ago for sure, but if he plays his way onto the roster, there's a spot for him.
I don't see who he's gonna beat out. Just too many bodies and guys that are on one way contracts (doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in the NHL, I don't think Rooney or Hayden are locks, but they'll probably start on the roster because I don't think anyone cares if they sit a lot) and already locks for the roster. I mean, Zacha if he actually does hold out? And I don't think he will.

And he didn't look the least bit impressive when he spent the last 6 weeks or whatever it was on the NHL roster and he's maybe played 2-3 AHL games after that, during the week where the AHL is still going after the NHL regular season ends?

So I don't see much of a chance he makes the team out of camp. Odds are way stacked against him. Maybe a preseason like Jesper Bratt had in 2017 can buy him a spot, but I don't see anything short of that getting him one to start the year.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think I've watched MTV before they started having the VMA's.

Actually, I probably didn't, as I'm pretty sure they had them by the beginning of the 90's, if not even earlier.

I used to watch Beavis and Butthead on MTV, the first run of it. Never watched the revival they did several years back. I only turned the channel on for that by the late 90's, but they used to have some cool videos at really late hours and Headbangers Ball was kind of cool.

omg i thought DD was back lol

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don't see who he's gonna beat out. Just too many bodies and guys that are on one way contracts (doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in the NHL, I don't think Rooney or Hayden are locks, but they'll probably start on the roster because I don't think anyone cares if they sit a lot) and already locks for the roster. I mean, Zacha if he actually does hold out? And I don't think he will.

And he didn't look the least bit impressive when he spent the last 6 weeks or whatever it was on the NHL roster and he's maybe played 2-3 AHL games after that, during the week where the AHL is still going after the NHL regular season ends?

So I don't see much of a chance he makes the team out of camp. Odds are way stacked against him. Maybe a preseason like Jesper Bratt had in 2017 can buy him a spot, but I don't see anything short of that getting him one to start the year.

Put it this way, I think the following is our most likely starting forwards (not line combos, just starters at each position LW-C-RW)

HallHischierPalmieri
BrattHughesGusev
ColemanZajacSimmonds
WoodZachaBoqvist
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I think if he has a strong camp he can beat out any of the following for a spot:

Wood
Coleman
Zacha
Boqvist

I see the rest as roster locks. I agree with you that he'd need to really earn it the way Bratt did a couple years ago, but I think it's there.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

You'll get Rooney and like it

1537452565_john-hynes.jpg

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016

I don't think he'll make the team out of camp either, too many people ahead of him but I think he's gonna make it tougher for management than alot of people think. He looks a lot better than he did last summer

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Love that we're getting an infusion of new vets along with the new kids, hoping the team as a whole can feed off one another as the roster in a lot of ways is something of a reboot.

Subban and Simmonds
Gusev, new to NHL but still a veteran
Hughes and Smith, possibly Boqvist (though I think that's less likely now)

At minimum roughly 25% of the roster will be new personnel
That's a lot of new blood, all with something to prove this year

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
We’re kind of set on center, but he’s been linked to one of the wings before. He’s going to have to really blow everyone out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad