Devils 2019-20 Preseason/Season team discussion (news and notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I do wonder what the holdup is on Zacha's contract. Hopefully he's not waiting for some of the other RFA domino's to fall first, as nothing seems imminent. Would think both sides woudl be OK with a 2-3 year term as well.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I do wonder what the holdup is on Zacha's contract. Hopefully he's not waiting for some of the other RFA domino's to fall first, as nothing seems imminent. Would think both sides woudl be OK with a 2-3 year term as well.

It's the dumbest holdout.

You scored 25 points last year and the team added 4 impact forwards in a single offseason? Guess it's time to play hardball.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It's the dumbest holdout.

You scored 25 points last year and the team added 4 impact forwards in a single offseason? Guess it's time to play hardball.

did you even see his final 20 games? :sarcasm:

seriously, maybe he doesn’t want to stay? i don’t know. maybe he doesn’t see a long term spot for himself here or wants a fresh start.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

If it's anything like Severson's negotiation, management might have given Zacha's agent a few different offers (1, 2, 3+ years) to mull over. So the ball might be in Zacha's court. Realistically not a ton of difference in signing in August versus right before camp starts in September like Severson did.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

"I think in the NHL I have to shoot more," Hughes said. "Defenders are so good, long sticks, they can skate. So I have to get the puck off quick. I want to be a dual threat, a guy that can score from 40 feet away but also find the backdoor guy. I've got to find the fine line between the two. Over time I will."

Love this quote from Jack. In watching some of his WJC, U18, and WC games, one minor critique I had is that he sometimes force feed pucks in the middle trying to find a backdoor play, which would often get picked off. Seems like he really understands that won't fly as much in the NHL.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it really a holdout? Even Henrique went a while before getting a new contract after his entry level deal expired. I think he got it a week before camp. Not to mention Severson went until like the week of training camp and then Miles Wood last year missed at least a week of camp, if not two weeks.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This thread does need some more action.

Time to start a good old goalie argument!:sarcasm:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's no more of a "holdout" than any of the other RFAs out there that are still unsigned. I'm sure he'll sign before camp. Besides, what leverage does he really have if he was to hold out?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Man, our prospect pool is gonna be roouugghh if all of Hughes, Smith, and Boqvist make the squad this year. Of course, we will have Nico (21), Bratt (21), Hughes (19), Boqvist (21), Smith (20) as established NHLers in this scenario, but still!

Reactions: My3Sons

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Is it really a holdout? Even Henrique went a while before getting a new contract after his entry level deal expired. I think he got it a week before camp. Not to mention Severson went until like the week of training camp and then Miles Wood last year missed at least a week of camp, if not two weeks.
Literally happens every year and somehow fans don't get used to it and start projecting their feelings onto the players/management

Browse - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I didn’t realize the VMS’s were being held at the Prudential Center this year. I’m also over 30 and therefor haven’t watch MTV in 15 years so there’s that as well.

I think the last VMAs I watched was 2002 when Guns N' Roses (aka Axl and Friends) made a surprise appearance at the end. I got very excited, then immediately confused.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Man, our prospect pool is gonna be roouugghh if all of Hughes, Smith, and Boqvist make the squad this year. Of course, we will have Nico (21), Bratt (21), Hughes (19), Boqvist (21), Smith (20) as established NHLers in this scenario, but still!
I think the prospect pool will then be filled with solid but not spectacular types. Guys like Anderson, McLeod, Bastian, Talvitie and all the defensive d-men we drafted this past year. The perfect fill ins behind the high level talent we have up top.

Remember too that we have had 38 draft picks in the last 4 years. We have #'s, only need a few to hit.

Reactions: My3Sons

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Hall was just being horny online, we’ve all been there.

i never leave

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad