Devils 2018-19 team discussion (news and notes) - camp begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Continue here, and stay on topic.

So we can't talk about tacos? :sarcasm:

wa1fmzlkbozy.gif

I need Shero’s face photoshopped on to him.

You need to also photoshop Castron's face onto the guy that Trump pushed.

It would be like "Get out of my way, Castron. There's a photo op with my name on it."

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I’d hate to lose Miles but you gotta give to get.

Zacha, Severson, Wood, 1st? Is that enough to get it done? Too much? Gotta think from Ottawa’s perspective as well.
i think overpayment kind of has to happen to get him, but not to a massive amount. if dorion wants anything in return, he's gonna have to take a discount on karlsson, otherwise he walks.

i'm wondering if they just wait till TDL to deal him though. a fringe team might be dumb enough to bargain their futures for him

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If EK isn’t agreeable to an extension why trade for him at anything more than a rock bottom price. This year’s first and a meh player sure but the cost being thrown around seems steep for a rental. Who would EK play with in NJ? Greene? I’m sure that would go over well.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Unfortunately, as the saying goes, you must give up something worthwhile to get something worthwhile.

If the delay with Wood is because they're setting up a trade for Karlsson, well then...it sucks 'cause I like Miles(notice I didn't say "I like Wood"' 'cause ...reasons :naughty: ) but at the same time, Karlsson on the Devils would be a huge acquisition.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
A couple of #1's?

Are we the 2000 Rags?
I dunno, is it possible we could get him cheaper then that?

I'd rather the #1 then Zacha, that's for sure.

I'm on record for not even wanting to trade for Karlsson, but giving up picks, doesn't effect the team over the next 3-4-5 years. We'd make that trade and still be pretty stocked with young players both in the NHL and the AHL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i think overpayment kind of has to happen to get him, but not to a massive amount.
It may be getting to the point where an overpayment is not required.

EK in an Ottawa jersey to start the year is going to be a major distraction.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
If EK isn’t agreeable to an extension why trade for him at anything more than a rock bottom price. This year’s first and a meh player sure but the cost being thrown around seems steep for a rental. Who would EK play with in NJ? Greene? I’m sure that would go over well.
because dorion could argue "why do I want to give him to you now? I could get so much more from someone else at the TDL, or right now, if i wanted to".

to get him now, you're gonna have to give to ottawa, bc they can just play the waiting game if they don't like the offer. i'm guessing if he goes somewhere, it's the same as the pacioretty deal, where it's contingent on an extension

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
because dorion could argue "why do I want to give him to you now? I could get so much more from someone else at the TDL, or right now, if i wanted to".

to get him now, you're gonna have to give to ottawa, bc they can just play the waiting game if they don't like the offer. i'm guessing if he goes somewhere, it's the same as the pacioretty deal, where it's contingent on an extension

Fair enough. I’d be reluctant to overpay for a rental EK. I don’t know if a steep price is worth it if the team isn’t a cup contender this year just by adding EK. Opinions can and will vary of course.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm torn. Karlsson is obviously a stud and a guy who should be worth whatever package you give up for him.

Losing Wood would bum me out, though.

Will be an interesting 24-48 hours.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd rather keep Zacha.
Zacha is a center, we don't have a ton of those.

Wood is a LW, we have an abundance.

Also note as a 21 year old Wood notched 8 goals and 17 points in 60 games.

Zacha as a 20 year old last year notched 8 and 25 in 69 games.

And Wood is a holdout too, which doesn't make me want to trade him, but it is a factor as to why he would make sense.

Reactions: AgentBrodeur

My3Sons

Sponsor
If NJ had a sure thing in goal it would be easier to see EK as a missing piece to a top season. If Cory comes back and plays well you can make a move as has been proposed for EK. Not sure it’s wise until the team sees how the goalies look.

Also NJ already has to sign Vats at the end of the season and if the team acquired EK and sent Sevs the other way that’s a glut of money you might be paying to your right defenders while the left side is still very meh.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Then Bob McKenzie comes out and says:

"FWIW, my sense is if Karlsson is traded today/tomorrow, it will be to a Western Conference team."

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad