Development Camp

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I find it interesting this talk of "he blocks a lot of shots so he can't pass the puck so in turn he is actually bad defensively". Is Chris Tanev bad defensively? Like I think it is very important to not get tunnel vision with the makeup of a team. Having a good first pass and being able to transition from defense to offence is very important....so is having big means guys that can defend the cycle and block shots. This isn't an either or situation, you need both.

Reactions: ULF_55 and horner

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Out of all the invites so far, McCleary has been impressing quite a bit. He's big and a pretty good skater.

Reactions: JEI

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wish the Leafs used their last pick on Veit Oswald instead. He's got some good wheels and did some good stuff. I can't say I noticed much of the other guys.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I wish the Leafs used their last pick on Veit Oswald instead. He's got some good wheels and did some good stuff. I can't say I noticed much of the other guys.

I've felt that Mayes has actually looked quite poor...

Quite a few guys I preferred on that last pick - Daniil Ustinkov, Matvei Babenko, Alexander Zetterberg and Cole Davis

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He blocks a ton of shots, that indicates he doesn't have the puck and he's in his own end

How is this even a point of contention?

You don't block teammates shots. If your teammates control the puck the other team has to block or attempt to block their shots.

Tanev blocks a lot of shots, 3rd. most in the NHL this season. That indicates "he doesn't have the puck in his own end."

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hutson has stood out in a good way.

Assuming his numbers are inflated by Celebrini, but not a bad year.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Johansson a lot more noticeable in the 2nd half. Just made a couple really good defensive plays and a solid zone entry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad