Proposal: Detroit is changing players?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Comparing Zac Jones to Adam Fox is off the reservation.

Fox is an all-around situation Norris Trophy winning defenseman that is on top of the game and Jones is a great skating offensive defenseman, that needs to develop the defensive part of his game still, hence why he is in the AHL instead of the NHL.

Jones was a turnover machine in his 10 game audition from college which was to be expected, I would except Jones to stay in the minors for a few seasons to develop the defensive part of his game in the pros.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
drw have done great with their 1st round picks since yzerman. one could argue they won 1 or 2 or even 3 of those drafts in temrs of 1st round picks. would i like drw to have another high pick sure, but hard to say if best interest of team to tank for a better pick this year

Reactions: archimet

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Interesting premise, if you see you're gonna fall short by going all out compete with the roster, hunker down with a few deals that add assets so you are closer to realistically going past minimal compete to actual challenge level of play. A byproduct of these deals is increased possibility of getting a 1OA dif maker.

------------
The Rangers should otherwise be out of this, the exception below notwithstanding.

Of course, we could use Larkin, but while anyone is theoretically available if too much is put on the table, as a practical matter at this pt I think Larkin stays.

Otherwise while DET has some nice baubles, generally do not want to pay a premium for swapping Ranger youth for RedWiug youth.

However, we have to tread lightly salary cap wise until Trouba's nmc expires 2 more seasons from now, unless he waives earlier.
Trouba's primary concern is making his wife happy which is why, to advance her career, he manipulated coming to NYR.
Howev, given she is further along her career path, I suspect a work around may be possible. While she was underqualified earlier, some 3 years hence if Dolan were to cut a 1m tax deduction to ________ medical institution with the provision that Mrs Trouba gets a solid salary etc in her desired field of studies, that could be a functional bypass. Doubtless, DET surely has such a facility or two or three whch qualify. Given this is the midwest, we are close enough for a satellite office to the world famous Mayo Clinic.
Of course, Jacob has to also be a happy camper.

Before going to Rangers, he did say for some reason that DET was ....
[I forget exactly; acceptable alternate; another place he'd consider; something to that effect].
So for all of the above let's assume Trouba to DET is conditionally doable.

Trouba is playing well earning all of the top market 8m per he signed for. Howev, NY now has elc Schneider in the wings and swapping out that level of salary for roster flexibility is desirable if elc or draft can be returned.

Given this you would not think Seider. Nils L is here. Fox then add Nils and Schneid and that is your startig 3.
Howev, if I am overpaying I have to alleviate risk by getting the asset I want in return, or no deal.
Seider is the one who has least risk and high enuf talent to justify the offer.
Fortunately, Nils can play either side, so there is ample room to work him into the lineup on both sides.

the deal
9OA Krav + Trouba + LD Jones [who can play either side and is well regarded but as Fox lite is gonna get traded eventually] + Strome retained + Geo + Hajek + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG]

for

Seider + DET 2022 3rd

valuation:
Krav has not had a fair shot, which explains his stunt. Unless until he is here and fails here, he holds 9OA pedigree. This is a guy who has obvious talent, who set KHL record(s), and bonus, has possible pivot potential. We don't now know who the best player in this deal will be, but Krav's actual ability should not be unduly discounted by the politics of the situation stupidly brought about by mgmt.
Seider is 6OA pedigree.
Trouba is solid quality RD replacement now.
Krav won't get here til last month of the season and by then you can create a roster spot for him.

Jones is LD plays either side. He is elc give him mins in the A while team tanks this year for pick.

Strome is your other 23 man roster guy. He is worth early 2nd now and a 1st retained. If DET retains further his value and the return is even more enhanced. He will want 6 or so min at least 4-5 yrs, but I could see Wings flipping him to TOR for 1st + Kerfoot +.
Leafs could get fav son to go team friendly in the 5-5.25 range 4-5 yrs.
Kerfoot is a stopgap who might improve further or could be flipped.

Hajek if a favor.
Famously NY has no room and if waived he is likely taken. This is a kid who for 4 games was all world, then injured his shoulder, which you woud think should not be THAT big a deal. After rehab he is mismanaged. He has adequate size and ability, but has lost ability to assess plays quickly on a regular basis. When he does that he is better than serviceable, but too often he does not. A change into a new system will be good for the kid, can''t hurt and is a throw in freebie.

Geo is a freebie throw in. He has declined, but arguably it is because he gets rusty when he is not playing regular. To drop an old school name, not everybody is/can be Gilles Villemure, a guy who can do a coupla weeks straight if Giacomin is out, or conversely can play only 2-3 games in an entire month. And look like an All Star either way. Some guys need work to stay sharp. Geo at best is that.
So, play him regular, get something for Greiss, and if he sucks that helps w/draft position and if he returns to good form w/regular work, he can also be flipped as a rental.

given the above, 2 4s for a 3rd is not unreasonable.

counter-evaluation?

I don't think Detroit needs it.
“Strome retained + Geo + Hajek + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG] “– for Detroit, these players are of very little value.
“9OA Krav + Trouba + LD Jones.” I wrote earlier that the value of players is not constant.
I think now the cost of these three players – 2nd + 0 + 2nd.
Accordingly, the approximate cost of compensation for Seider + DET 2022 3rd =
2nd + 0 (AAV $8,0M) + 2nd + OA25-32 + 3rd + 4th + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG].
You are offering many players with lower potential. Do you think this is a huge overpayment for the player?
I do not think so.
The exchange of a hockey player is possible only with a huge overpayment.

For example:

New York Rangers
Moritz Seider

Detroit Red Wings
Filip Chytil
Kaapo Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider

This offer is terrible for the Rangers. The Rangers don't. This is the minimum bid for Detroit.

You may have chosen the wrong player to trade.
Detroit has other players to trade. For example - Tyler Bertuzzi UFA 2023. Here the overpayment is much less.

Or other players:Thomas Greiss, Nick Leddy, Danny Dekeyser, Troy Stecher, Marc Staal, Vladislav Namestnikov, Pius Suter, Robby Fabbri. There is no overpayment here.

Perhaps the Rangers and Detroit are bad trading partners. For the exchange of players of the future of Detroit.
Good luck. :)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Case in point...

What Bern says, must be...

Krav may be worth 9oa to you, but most fans of other teams do not agree.

You can keep calling Jones Fox-light, but again, anyone outside of you and a few select Ranger fans, are not buying it.

Trouba is a good player, but nowhere near his contract...which makes his value drop significantly.

Seider, whether a 6oa or 180oa, has exceeded all expectations thus far, since his draft. He's also exceeded expectations at the NHL level to this point. Detroit fans and alike, see him as a future star who holds incredible value. Even you believe that or you wouldn't propose deals for him as you've done.

Take a deep breath and accept that not everything you say is the be all, end all.

Your attempt to control the narrative is rejected.

It is objective, not subjective, that Krav's 9OA holds b'c as explained he did not get a legit chance to showcase his production.
Part time last 20 games of the year for a shit show squad that was beat up with injuries and misplaced on the 4th line of that team but an idiot coach no longer here does NOT count.

Your criticism of my calling Jones Fox lite is fair to the extent that it is a subjective comment; however the subjectivity here is a 2 way street and'
yes
it is an isolated, small sample
but the eye test so far does suggest a lot of Fox' game in Jones.

I agree it remains to be seen that Jones fully delivers but if he were further along, his value would be way, way up, not just ballpark 1st rounder he'd get if redrafted.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Comparing Zac Jones to Adam Fox is off the reservation.

Fox is an all-around situation Norris Trophy winning defenseman that is on top of the game and Jones is a great skating offensive defenseman, that needs to develop the defensive part of his game still, hence why he is in the AHL instead of the NHL.

Jones was a turnover machine in his 10 game audition from college which was to be expected, I would except Jones to stay in the minors for a few seasons to develop the defensive part of his game in the pros.

misrepresentation called out

Jones is Fox LITE
that is fair assessment as to overall style, great skater, heady, playmaker who can QB

Obv he is raw.
No one said he is not.
That said, were there a spot open and were it in the interest of the Wings to play him at varsity, he could cut it w/ballpark degree of growing pains from rookie learning curve, but let's not falsely say this is something he couldn't handle if nec.

In the scenario of this thread Jones would be getting max mins in the A while DET maxes its draft position this yr, and would compete out of camp

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think Detroit needs it.
“Strome retained + Geo + Hajek + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG] “– for Detroit, these players are of very little value.
“9OA Krav + Trouba + LD Jones.” I wrote earlier that the value of players is not constant.
I think now the cost of these three players – 2nd + 0 + 2nd.
Accordingly, the approximate cost of compensation for Seider + DET 2022 3rd =
2nd + 0 (AAV $8,0M) + 2nd + OA25-32 + 3rd + 4th + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG].
You are offering many players with lower potential. Do you think this is a huge overpayment for the player?
I do not think so.
The exchange of a hockey player is possible only with a huge overpayment.

For example:

New York Rangers
Moritz Seider

Detroit Red Wings
Filip Chytil
Kaapo Kakko
Nils Lundkvist
Braden Schneider

This offer is terrible for the Rangers. The Rangers don't. This is the minimum bid for Detroit.

You may have chosen the wrong player to trade.
Detroit has other players to trade. For example - Tyler Bertuzzi UFA 2023. Here the overpayment is much less.

Or other players:Thomas Greiss, Nick Leddy, Danny Dekeyser, Troy Stecher, Marc Staal, Vladislav Namestnikov, Pius Suter, Robby Fabbri. There is no overpayment here.

Perhaps the Rangers and Detroit are bad trading partners. For the exchange of players of the future of Detroit.
Good luck. :)

Thank you for the assessment and effort thereto.

as I opined, other than Larkin who would cost too much and go away from the only option Rangers have, to deal youth for like youth [ele for elc], no other players are worth the risk for NYR
Seider is closest to a sure bet

Then again, the other variable in this is the moving of Trouba + his 8 which is paramount here.

And as to this is several lesser pieces. no one would be trading several greater pieces for a lesser piece, right?

Also I disagree to some extent on Strome.
For cap reasons going forward, he is not an option for NY.
He is for elsewhere.
Max retained already by NY to 2.25, he could be available for even less to a potential cup finalist, tho as i explained TOR makes the most sense.

That is a 1st + just for Strome part of it.

So yes, I think it is overpayment by NY, but the currency works for the Rangers.

As to DET, unless Mo Seider is the next Bobby Orr, it works for the RWs as well.

Reactions: Ice Mammoth

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It’s always so much text just for you to always get the same response : your proposals suck . . .
That's what you get for reading @bernmeister trade proposals.

I sometimes read them the same way I read the Sunday comics -- just for pure entertainment.

Otherwise, there goes three minutes of your life.

However, pure entertainment is the purpose of the entire site, anyway :)

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Bedenk dat Engels misschien niet eens de moedertaal/primaire taal van het OP is. Het was perfect te begrijpen en te ontcijferen, zelfs rekening houdend met de breedsprakigheid. Dus als je helemaal opgewonden bent geraakt over de eerste post, vraag jezelf dan af waarom.
Ik zou hieraan willen toevoegen dat de Wings op de 23e plaats staan in Win% (niet "19e"), waarop de conceptbestelling is gebaseerd.
...19e met punten, zeker.
Met zoveel onbewezen/jonge prospects in groep 3, is alleen een handel met vergelijkbare sleuven prospect(s) aan te raden. Rasmussen bijvoorbeeld.
Whoah! Way over my head! I couldn't understand a word of that.

We unilingual North Americans are so intellectually challenged in a multi-lingual World!

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
misrepresentation called out

Jones is Fox LITE
that is fair assessment as to overall style, great skater, heady, playmaker who can QB

Obv he is raw.
No one said he is not.
That said, were there a spot open and were it in the interest of the Wings to play him at varsity, he could cut it w/ballpark degree of growing pains from rookie learning curve, but let's not falsely say this is something he couldn't handle if nec.

In the scenario of this thread Jones would be getting max mins in the A while DET maxes its draft position this yr, and would compete out of camp
What am I misrepresenting about Jones?

If Jones was a Fox-lite as you claim, then why is Jones playing in the AHL Hartford?

Jones being a Fox-lite should surely be able to outplay Miller, Nemeth, Tinordi and Hajek at LD, should he not?

It is my opinion that Jones is in Hartford to develop his defensive game, there really isn’t another reason for Jones to be in Hartford coming out of college, the Rangers have plenty of cap to add his 925k.

I don’t believe the wings would be interested in the quantity for quality trade especially if Seider were involved...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Detroit is doing better than expected this season. It's a little early. This makes it harder to rebuild the team. It is very difficult to get into the Stanley Cup this season.
NHL Hockey Standings

It is much easier to take 18-21 places. Detroit is now in 19th place. The teams played a different number of games.
NHL Hockey Standings

You can lose your chance, get Shane Wright in the lottery. Fortune owes Detroit.
NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

I think it is right for the team to make 3-4 exchanges this season. Get extra chances for the future. The 2022 lottery rules have changed.
2022 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

Then Detroit will take 22-27 places at the end of the season. After the exchanges, this will happen naturally.

Who are the potential dealmates for Detroit? I think these are teams that solve other problems. These are the teams fighting for the Stanley Cup.

I think any player can be exchanged. Withholding of wages is possible. We must remember about the limit of places for withholding salaries. The third team can participate in the exchange (@50% ret).

Group 1 - The partner in the deal must make a huge overpayment.
Simon Edvinsson, Moritz Seider, Lucas Raymond are the future of Detroit.
Dylan Larkin (UFA 2023) the team wants to sign a new contract with the player.

Group 2 - The partner in the deal must make an overpayment. Detroit does not need to change these players this season. Exchange is possible with a good offer. Withholding of wages is possible. This is the priority group for this. The cost of keeping a paycheck will be high.
Tyler Bertuzzi UFA 2023, Jakub Vrána UFA 2024, Filip Hronek RFA 2024.

Group 3 - The partner in the deal must make an overpayment. These players now have a minimum trade value. The reasons for this are different. These players have high potential. Accordingly, the value of the players may increase. Detroit doesn't need to change these players now.
The deal is possible when taking into account the potential of the players. They can be part of the deal. It is desirable for the player ELC (1/2C; 1/2LW; 1/2RW, 1/2LD; 1/2RD).
Filip Zadina, Jonatan Berggren, Joe Veleno, Michael Rasmussen, William Wallinder, Antti Tuomisto.

Group 4 - These are the players for the exchange. Exchange is possible to the team that offered the best price. Withholding of wages is possible subject to availability.
Thomas Greiss, Nick Leddy, Danny Dekeyser, Troy Stecher, Marc Staal, Vladislav Namestnikov, Pius Suter,
Robby Fabbri.

What suggestions are there for Detroit?

Detroit will not get extra lottery picks. Any trade that involves a 1st will carry protections.

If Detroit is drafting at 6-12 there is no team trading their 1st for spare parts.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I disagree with the premise of the OP.

I think the progress the Wings are making on the ice will help them to develop the young players they already have, and the other young players they will in future acquire, much more than moving up a few spots in their draft position.

I'm a Leafs' fan who thinks Stevie Y is a terrific GM who is doing a great job and will bring the Red awings back to respectability very soon.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That is not what I said.
I said it remains to be seen who will eventually have the best career, not who is the most advanced now.

Between Kravtsov, Jones, and Seider?

That is still laughable. You can't get one of the most valuable U-22 pieces in the game for leftovers. Just about everyone here knows this except for you.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I'm not suggesting that Krav can't become a good player, but the fact remains that he's yet to break the NHL and prove he belongs. Perhaps he hasn't been given a fair shot, as you suggest, but that's not going to matter when you're using him as the top piece for the other teams top young player, who's already looking to be a special player.

No knock on Krav, he just isn't going to be valued high enough to land someone like Seider. Jones isn't enought to offset that. Trouba is a good piece, but his contract hurts his value.

In the end, your offer just doesn't cut it for a young player who's already looking like a future star. For Seider, you'd have to offer up Kakko or Laf and even then, Detroit rejects it.

It is objective, not subjective, that Krav's 9OA holds b'c as explained he did not get a legit chance to showcase his production.
Part time last 20 games of the year for a shit show squad that was beat up with injuries and misplaced on the 4th line of that team but an idiot coach no longer here does NOT count.

Your criticism of my calling Jones Fox lite is fair to the extent that it is a subjective comment; however the subjectivity here is a 2 way street and'
yes

I agree it remains to be seen that Jones fully delivers but if he were further along, his value would be way, way up, not just ballpark 1st rounder he'd get if redrafted.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That is not what I said.
I said it remains to be seen who will eventually have the best career, not who is the most advanced now.

Jones could approach Fox, if he does, that's a discussion.
and like it or not
Krav talent wise is close enough.
You are the only person on the planet who thinks Kravtsov is anywhere close to Seider. Grow up.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

yes

Kravtsov would have got chances if he shown NHL ability. He hasn’t done so yet. He wasn’t even good in the AHL.

I can’t wait until hes traded for a couple 2nds or for a 2nd line rental

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What am I misrepresenting about Jones?

If Jones was a Fox-lite as you claim, then why is Jones playing in the AHL Hartford?

Jones being a Fox-lite should surely be able to outplay Miller, Nemeth, Tinordi and Hajek at LD, should he not?

It is my opinion that Jones is in Hartford to develop his defensive game, there really isn’t another reason for Jones to be in Hartford coming out of college, the Rangers have plenty of cap to add his 925k.

I don’t believe the wings would be interested in the quantity for quality trade especially if Seider were involved...

re: quantity for quality
unless it is a complementary swap like a lefty for a righty or equiv value of positions, like W for D, e..g., or unless there are extenuating circumstances to affect value [cap, turns ufa, etc], deals nevertheless are made for profit.
Quality for quality, notwithstanding the considerations I identified, are like coke for pepsi. Change of scenery exceptions, sure. But that's exception to the rule. Those deals as a rule are not enough to make trades. Deals are not done for the sake of just making a deal.

------
Jones
Despite the pains I took to describe Jones as Fox lite, and not Fox II, you push the discussion as you have.
The Rangers don't need Jones, because they have the original real deal in Fox.
Other guys do other, different things.
Jones is surplus because Fox makes him redundant.

Trouba [salary + nmc] and Hajek [can't move w'o losing] are not applicable.
Nils L is similar but has righty shot, and our D are a great group but other than Nils not much shooting wise.
That leaves Lindgren, Miller and Nemeth the latter brought short term in to get Nils acclamated. [Tinordi for depth insurance does not count].
We are not moving our other already premium defensemen to make room for an emerging premium defenseman. Most likely, we will develop Jones internally and at the right time he will be dealt. There is always a chance somebody offers too much for Lindgren, but let's go by what to expect.

Because he is redundant Jones is odd man out.
That is not a reason to diss his actual value.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Between Kravtsov, Jones, and Seider?

That is still laughable. You can't get one of the most valuable U-22 pieces in the game for leftovers. Just about everyone here knows this except for you.

It will be at least 4-5 yrs before Jones gets his chance somewhere to emerge out of Fox shadow and we will see.

Of course, Jones could completely fulfill his potential and be eating the dust of the more talented Seider if he too, fulfills his promise fully.

Krav is a closer call and we'll know in 2-3 yrs, not double that.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The same reason they traded Mantha last year and the same reason the Canucks would be wise to flip Miller. The Wings should be cashing in on the play of Tyler Bertuzzi this year. He's 26 now and in another year and he'll be a UFA. What are the odds his prime years fall in like with Detroit's competitive years?

They should be willing to listen on anyone not named Larkin, Raymond, Seider or Cossa.

Last edited:
Reactions: bossram

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The same reason they traded Mantha last year and the same reason the Canucks would be wise to flip Miller. The Wings should be cashing in on the play of Tyler Bertuzzi this year. He's 26 now and in another year and he'll be a UFA. What are the odds his prime years fall in like with Detroit's competitive years?

They should be willing to listen on anyone not named Larkin, Raymond, Snider or Cossa.

Bertuzzi not being vaccinated hurts his value a good bit.

Which is awesome, because he brings a game-changing energy that you can't teach, and few players have.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

They should be willing to listen on anyone not named Larkin, Raymond, Seider or Cossa.
That's not why Mantha was traded. Mantha was traded because he gave inconsistent effort, wasn't reaching his potential and was always getting hurt. Bertuzzi is an offensive line driver and a big part of Raymonds hot start and Larkin having a huge bounce back season. Your entire core doesn't need to fit neatly into the same age group.

Reactions: archimet

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Interesting premise, if you see you're gonna fall short by going all out compete with the roster, hunker down with a few deals that add assets so you are closer to realistically going past minimal compete to actual challenge level of play. A byproduct of these deals is increased possibility of getting a 1OA dif maker.

------------
The Rangers should otherwise be out of this, the exception below notwithstanding.

Of course, we could use Larkin, but while anyone is theoretically available if too much is put on the table, as a practical matter at this pt I think Larkin stays.

Otherwise while DET has some nice baubles, generally do not want to pay a premium for swapping Ranger youth for RedWiug youth.

However, we have to tread lightly salary cap wise until Trouba's nmc expires 2 more seasons from now, unless he waives earlier.
Trouba's primary concern is making his wife happy which is why, to advance her career, he manipulated coming to NYR.
Howev, given she is further along her career path, I suspect a work around may be possible. While she was underqualified earlier, some 3 years hence if Dolan were to cut a 1m tax deduction to ________ medical institution with the provision that Mrs Trouba gets a solid salary etc in her desired field of studies, that could be a functional bypass. Doubtless, DET surely has such a facility or two or three whch qualify. Given this is the midwest, we are close enough for a satellite office to the world famous Mayo Clinic.
Of course, Jacob has to also be a happy camper.

Before going to Rangers, he did say for some reason that DET was ....
[I forget exactly; acceptable alternate; another place he'd consider; something to that effect].
So for all of the above let's assume Trouba to DET is conditionally doable.

Trouba is playing well earning all of the top market 8m per he signed for. Howev, NY now has elc Schneider in the wings and swapping out that level of salary for roster flexibility is desirable if elc or draft can be returned.

Given this you would not think Seider. Nils L is here. Fox then add Nils and Schneid and that is your startig 3.
Howev, if I am overpaying I have to alleviate risk by getting the asset I want in return, or no deal.
Seider is the one who has least risk and high enuf talent to justify the offer.
Fortunately, Nils can play either side, so there is ample room to work him into the lineup on both sides.

the deal
9OA Krav + Trouba + LD Jones [who can play either side and is well regarded but as Fox lite is gonna get traded eventually] + Strome retained + Geo + Hajek + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG]

for

Seider + DET 2022 3rd

valuation:
Krav has not had a fair shot, which explains his stunt. Unless until he is here and fails here, he holds 9OA pedigree. This is a guy who has obvious talent, who set KHL record(s), and bonus, has possible pivot potential. We don't now know who the best player in this deal will be, but Krav's actual ability should not be unduly discounted by the politics of the situation stupidly brought about by mgmt.
Seider is 6OA pedigree.
Trouba is solid quality RD replacement now.
Krav won't get here til last month of the season and by then you can create a roster spot for him.

Jones is LD plays either side. He is elc give him mins in the A while team tanks this year for pick.

Strome is your other 23 man roster guy. He is worth early 2nd now and a 1st retained. If DET retains further his value and the return is even more enhanced. He will want 6 or so min at least 4-5 yrs, but I could see Wings flipping him to TOR for 1st + Kerfoot +.
Leafs could get fav son to go team friendly in the 5-5.25 range 4-5 yrs.
Kerfoot is a stopgap who might improve further or could be flipped.

Hajek if a favor.
Famously NY has no room and if waived he is likely taken. This is a kid who for 4 games was all world, then injured his shoulder, which you woud think should not be THAT big a deal. After rehab he is mismanaged. He has adequate size and ability, but has lost ability to assess plays quickly on a regular basis. When he does that he is better than serviceable, but too often he does not. A change into a new system will be good for the kid, can''t hurt and is a throw in freebie.

Geo is a freebie throw in. He has declined, but arguably it is because he gets rusty when he is not playing regular. To drop an old school name, not everybody is/can be Gilles Villemure, a guy who can do a coupla weeks straight if Giacomin is out, or conversely can play only 2-3 games in an entire month. And look like an All Star either way. Some guys need work to stay sharp. Geo at best is that.
So, play him regular, get something for Greiss, and if he sucks that helps w/draft position and if he returns to good form w/regular work, he can also be flipped as a rental.

given the above, 2 4s for a 3rd is not unreasonable.

counter-evaluation?

You just don’t move players like Seider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad