Proposal: Det-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Simple
To NYR -Larkin

To Det- Chytil-Jones- 1st

Or
Lundkvist -1st
Both are a heavy price to pay for Larkin, but he’s still on a solid contract for 2 more seasons and would slide in great centering Panarin as rangers 2C

chytil has chemistry with Zadina. He looked to finally take the next step in the first half of last season. Won’t get the Minutes/PP time he needs with Zibby/ strome blocking him.
Jones would be a great partner with Seider. He plays a similar style to Adam Fox, but it remains to be seen if he can hit his ceiling.
1st in strong Draft.
or
Lundkvist and Seider are considered 2 of highest rated D prospects in the world. Hell of a foundation on the backend for the wings to build around.
1st- In strong draft

it’s a lot to give up for Larkin, who had a down season and a neck injury, but he’s fully healed and been very valuable to the wings. Having him center a 2nd line of Panarin-Larkin- kravtsov/kakko could pay dividends for the rangers.
Flame away

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
As a Wings fan I don't necessarily hate the value as a starting point for discussion

I will say though that this kind of trade cannot happen in my mind until the Wings have a high end C prospect in the pipeline

Chytil, Veleno, and hopefully Niederbach (in a couple of years) are all guys looking like they will be useful 2Cs (Veleno and Chytil already fitting into middle 6C roles) but downgrading from Larkin who is a passing 1C/ high end 2C to weaken the overall C pool in the organizational pipeline just doesn't work IMO, even when including Jones/ Lundkvist and a mid/ late 1st

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Not that heavy of a price from Wings pov. Very likely a late 1st and another D spect which is the last thing their farm system needs, and I like Nils. Chytil would have some intrigue. They just don't have any reason to move Larkin tho. He's the only legit top 6 C in the organization rn, he's part of their future and was just named captain in January. Wings obviously aren't going to be a playoff team but they want to try to be more competitive and bring young guys up into a good environment

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think the value may be fair, but the Wings can't afford to lose their #1 C. If anything, we should be looking to upgrade top 6 C.
I was thinking with another 1st and a couple more prospects, they may be comfortable at taking a run at Eichel

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Not bad value wise but Wings can't trade Larkin with an already weak top6 C situation.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chytil- a 21 year old center who didn’t play a single second on the PP or in the top 6, had one less point than Larkin in the same amount of games. I get Detroit is pretty bad, but it’s not like Chytil had better linemates or opportunity than Larkin. I think we should see what we have in him first before making major moves like this. We’re too impatient, let the team grow first and let’s see what we have. Not saying I would say no if Yzerman came calling with this offer, but Chytil still has a ton of upside and hasn’t even received the proper utilization to succeed just yet

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
No thanks. The Eichel chatter has set up view that NYR should gut pipeline for established high-end C.
I'd rather the pro scouts find another not-yet-star, as Zib was when acquired for less disruptive cost.
Or move a guy such as Jones, from deep D pipeline,
for a comparable age, experience, upside quality C, such as Kupari

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nope not enough, Larkin to the Rangers for Chytil+Lunkvist+NYR 2022 1st round pick+NYR 2023 2nd round pick. Even Seth Jones got the equivalent of 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round picks and Centers are worth far more then Defenseman.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
This is terrible for the Wings.

Chytil doesn’t cut it.

Nils, ‘22 #1 unprotected, +

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Chytil- a 21 year old center who didn’t play a single second on the PP or in the top 6, had one less point than Larkin in the same amount of games. I get Detroit is pretty bad, but it’s not like Chytil had better linemates or opportunity than Larkin. I think we should see what we have in him first before making major moves like this. We’re too impatient, let the team grow first and let’s see what we have. Not saying I would say no if Yzerman came calling with this offer, but Chytil still has a ton of upside and hasn’t even received the proper utilization to succeed just yet
Swing and a miss. One player plays for the second worst team in the league with like barely any help and other plays with actual talent. One has 73 pts as a high while the other has 23 lol this entire post is wrong.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I've seen far worse proposals on this board.

I don't really think Yzerman is looking to move Larkin, but if that changed then this is probably in the right ballpark.

At risk of being an obnoxious Yzerman stan, I do think that if NYR really wanted Larkin then our GM could take the inexperienced Drury into pretty deep water. The Buchnevich return was not a hot start.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Swing and a miss. One player plays for the second worst team in the league with like barely any help and other plays with actual talent. One has 73 pts as a high while the other has 23 lol this entire post is wrong.
Larkin’s linemates were better than Chytil’s and he played PP1 as opposed to Chytil who didn’t play powerplay at all. And again, Chytil was only 21. Larkin is in his prime

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
understandable, but any trade for Larkin is gonna hurt
just the way it is
Yeah but not the NBA-style trades HF posters have been flinging around this summer

More like deals we've seen last few, Johansen, Seguin, Pacioretty or O'Reilly deals, there is probably a closer comparable which I am overlooking

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Larkin’s linemates were better than Chytil’s and he played PP1 as opposed to Chytil who didn’t play powerplay at all. And again, Chytil was only 21. Larkin is in his prime
Why don't you go look who is on Detroits defense compared to the the team with a Norris winner on it. Ranger fans love to talk about how much talent they have on their team until it negatively effects their bargaining position.....funny. Larkin played more minutes with Zadina (struggling young player probably more comparable to Chytil than Larkin himself) and you wonder why his points dipped this year? Lol. Try to convince yourself all you want but Chytil is the add for a guy like Larkin not the main piece.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah but not the NBA-style trades HF posters have been flinging around this summer

More like deals we've seen last few, Johansen, Seguin, Pacioretty or O'Reilly deals, there is probably a closer comparable which I am overlooking
the ROR deal might be a bad example as it had "circumstances" surrounding it (bonus due, mandate from owner to trade..etc)

but the others I agree with ya on

my point is, if ya want a teams best player, especially on a decent contract and a bit of term, it's gonna cost ya and that cost will sting

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the ROR deal might be a bad example as it had "circumstances" surrounding it (bonus due, mandate from owner to trade..etc)

but the others I agree with ya on

my point is, if ya want a teams best player, especially on a decent contract and a bit of term, it's gonna cost ya and that cost will sting
Understood, not being disagreeable, just an NYR fan burnt out from reading too many unfair Eichel proposals (in both directions)

Larkin is proven and young, DRW deserve an offer they can't refuse. But it won't likely include Kakko or Laf from NYR

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Understood, not being disagreeable, just an NYR fan burnt out from reading too many unfair Eichel proposals (in both directions)

Larkin is proven and young, DRW deserve an offer they can't refuse. But it won't likely include Kakko or Laf from NYR
agree, and hope I'm not coming across as argumentative. not my intention at all. quite enjoying the civil back and forth

and I only added Kakko to my proposal as I thought he might be underachieving so far (still very young tho) but still have the shine of a high pick that DET might find appealing
my proposal might seem like too much from NYR, and I don't know that I would disagree, but it'd take that type of offer, IMO, to get Larkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad