Proposal: Det-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why don't you go look who is on Detroits defense compared to the the team with a Norris winner on it. Ranger fans love to talk about how much talent they have on their team until it negatively effects their bargaining position.....funny. Larkin played more minutes with Zadina (struggling young player probably more comparable to Chytil than Larkin himself) and you wonder why his points dipped this year? Lol. Try to convince yourself all you want but Chytil is the add for a guy like Larkin not the main piece.
Why don’t you check out how much time Chytil and Fox spent on the ice together? Basically none. Chytil spent most of his time at 5v5 backed up by Brendan Smith and Libor Hajek

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Larkin is proven and young, DRW deserve an offer they can't refuse. But it won't likely include Kakko or Laf from NYR

I can't Detroit even asking for those players in a Larkin deal with their value.

---

As for the OP, nice value all around, but Detroit has no other option than Larkin.

They have no choice but to say no to the offer.

(side note, big fan of Chytil, kid will be good)

Reactions: bernmeister

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Simple
To NYR -Larkin

To Det- Chytil-Jones- 1st

Or
Lundkvist -1st
Both are a heavy price to pay for Larkin, but he’s still on a solid contract for 2 more seasons and would slide in great centering Panarin as rangers 2C

chytil has chemistry with Zadina. He looked to finally take the next step in the first half of last season. Won’t get the Minutes/PP time he needs with Zibby/ strome blocking him.
Jones would be a great partner with Seider. He plays a similar style to Adam Fox, but it remains to be seen if he can hit his ceiling.
1st in strong Draft.
or
Lundkvist and Seider are considered 2 of highest rated D prospects in the world. Hell of a foundation on the backend for the wings to build around.
1st- In strong draft

it’s a lot to give up for Larkin, who had a down season and a neck injury, but he’s fully healed and been very valuable to the wings. Having him center a 2nd line of Panarin-Larkin- kravtsov/kakko could pay dividends for the rangers.
Flame away

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Chytil-Jones-1st is a god awful trade that does absolutely nothing for Detroit now nor in the future. Larkin isn't a bonafide 1C but can masquerade as a viable one. Even with him, the Wings have atrocious center depth. Just god awful.

Nils Lundkvist and a 1st is a heck of a lot closer... but in this case, we're not even replenishing the meager C depth we already have. Pius Suter who got non-tendered by Chicago becomes our 1C.

Just even by value these trades are awful... without getting into any intrinsic value Larkin has to the Wings for leadership or marketing or whatever else.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Chytil-Jones-1st is a god awful trade that does absolutely nothing for Detroit now nor in the future. Larkin isn't a bonafide 1C but can masquerade as a viable one. Even with him, the Wings have atrocious center depth. Just god awful.

Nils Lundkvist and a 1st is a heck of a lot closer... but in this case, we're not even replenishing the meager C depth we already have. Pius Suter who got non-tendered by Chicago becomes our 1C.

Just even by value these trades are awful... without getting into any intrinsic value Larkin has to the Wings for leadership or marketing or whatever else.
It’s the equivalent of 2 first rounders. Maybe 3, depending on how well jones progresses. Larkin is a high end 2c coming off a couple down seasons with a neck injury. He also has only 2 years left, I get that he loves Det, but he may also what to go the UFA route and not waste his prime on a rebuilding team that may or may not be ready for playoff contention by the time he’s due for a new deal, with a significant raise

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not that heavy of a price from Wings pov. Very likely a late 1st and another D spect which is the last thing their farm system needs, and I like Nils. Chytil would have some intrigue. They just don't have any reason to move Larkin tho. He's the only legit top 6 C in the organization rn, he's part of their future and was just named captain in January. Wings obviously aren't going to be a playoff team but they want to try to be more competitive and bring young guys up into a good environment

this^

Larkin is a splurge and if he returns to DET after 2 years then Rangers are screwed.

Larkin is a favorite son and off limits.

We need to focus on selling Strome for futures, prob to TOR, and getting good value for Jones.

OP and I dif on value of Jones vs. Nils L; we agree somewhat more on Schneider.

I don't want to move anyone other than Jones

and for the love of all that is holy, give Kravtsov a legit chance at pivot.
Worst is the experiment doesn't work; best case scenario -- add a young C and depress slightly from glut at W

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Not horrible value wise but if I was Stevie Y I’d be adding onto Larkin to fill a bigger need (a true 1c) not selling him like this

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not horrible value wise but if I was Stevie Y I’d be adding onto Larkin to fill a bigger need (a true 1c) not selling him like this

I wonder if this could be the Base of a larger 3-way deal with
Det-Eichel
NYR -Larkin
Buff-a mix of picks and prospects

it would seem to facilitate what all 3 teams want, just about getting the proper mix of picks/prospects to Buffalo from NYR/Det

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Why don’t you check out how much time Chytil and Fox spent on the ice together? Basically none. Chytil spent most of his time at 5v5 backed up by Brendan Smith and Libor Hajek
Get out of here Larkin literally has a rookie as a linemate going up against other teams number 1 units for forwards and defenseman while Chytil gets teams 3rd lines and 3rd pairings. This is like me pretending Yamamoto is somehow as valuable as Larkin. He isn't and neither is Chytil. Buchenvich is a much better player and he got a 2nd round pick and a depth player but Chytil is the main piece for an entering his prime 25 year old number 1 center? Your mental gymnastics are superb.

Reactions: Oddbob

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Get out of here Larkin literally has a rookie as a linemate going up against other teams number 1 units for forwards and defenseman while Chytil gets teams 3rd lines and 3rd pairings. This is like me pretending Yamamoto is somehow as valuable as Larkin. He isn't and neither is Chytil. Buchenvich is a much better player and he got a 2nd round pick and a depth player but Chytil is the main piece for an entering his prime 25 year old number 1 center? Your mental gymnastics are superb.

The Buchnevich return was one of the worst returns in years within the league. That is not a fair framework to use for a deal.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chytil’s linemates were a rookie and a sophomore. And I’ll take being 1C on the Wings with 1PP time over being a 3C with 0 PP time and playing with Hajek+Smith at 5v5. Also Buchnevich is like 26 years old. Chytil is 21 and better at the same age than Buchnevich, including being a center. Point is, our 21 year old 3C just put up the same numbers your 25 year old C did with worse linemates, worse usage, and a worse defensive pairing.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Chytil’s linemates were a rookie and a sophomore. And I’ll take being 1C on the Wings with 1PP time over being a 3C with 0 PP time and playing with Hajek+Smith at 5v5. Also Buchnevich is like 26 years old. Chytil is 21 and better at the same age than Buchnevich, including being a center. Point is, our 21 year old 3C just put up the same numbers your 25 year old C did with worse linemates, worse usage, and a worse defensive pairing.

The point is your 21 year old 3C scored 23 points. That's not good. I know what you're trying to do and it's bullshit. I know this because I would always try to do it in fantasy football. Oh yeah, this QB20 is totally equivalent to prime Peyton Manning because he had a 3 TD game and Manning only threw 1. Chytil and Larkin are not close to equal. Chytil faced 3rd line competition. Larkin was just about the only Red Wing player offensively that wouldn't shit his pants if the puck was on his stick.

Also, the Red Wings as a whole collapsed into the 1-2-2 neutral zone trap for basically the last 2/3rds of the season, if not even more, because they were so woefully undertalented. It isn't just because they were bad at hockey that literally every player on their roster saw a massive decline in their stats.

I know it'll seem like I'm trying to crap on Chytil, which I'm not because he's actually a pretty decent hockey player... but he's not worthy of being the central piece that the Wings get back in a trade for Dylan Larkin. He just isn't.

Reactions: Oddbob

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The point is your 21 year old 3C scored 23 points. That's not good. I know what you're trying to do and it's bullshit. I know this because I would always try to do it in fantasy football. Oh yeah, this QB20 is totally equivalent to prime Peyton Manning because he had a 3 TD game and Manning only threw 1. Chytil and Larkin are not close to equal. Chytil faced 3rd line competition. Larkin was just about the only Red Wing player offensively that wouldn't shit his pants if the puck was on his stick.

Also, the Red Wings as a whole collapsed into the 1-2-2 neutral zone trap for basically the last 2/3rds of the season, if not even more, because they were so woefully undertalented. It isn't just because they were bad at hockey that literally every player on their roster saw a massive decline in their stats.

I know it'll seem like I'm trying to crap on Chytil, which I'm not because he's actually a pretty decent hockey player... but he's not worthy of being the central piece that the Wings get back in a trade for Dylan Larkin. He just isn't.
Never said they were equal and a 21 year old center putting up 22 points in 42 games without PP time or top 6 time is pretty impressive don’t you think?

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
If that's the minimum asking price, Larkin better break 65 points next season.

I wrote – “I think the minimum compensation for Detroit – Chytil + Lunkvist + 1st 2022”. I continue to think so.
Consider the importance of Dylan Larkin to Detroit, the attitude towards the player Steve Yzerman, the attractive terms of the Larkin contract.

Detroit has no need to change player. Such a decision could be made if Detroit receives a lucrative offer. It is desirable to include potential 2C in compensation.
Dylan Larkin Contract = $ 6,100,000 AAV. The term of the current contract is two years. There will be many who want to get a player. Detroit may keep part of the salary (@ 50% ret). In addition to the exchange, a third command (@ 50% ret) can be allowed.

Perhaps the two teams are not good trading partners. The Rangers have no problem with the salary cap for two years. Before signing new contracts with Alexis Lafrenière, K'andre Miller….
It's my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong. Suffice it to recall the amount of compensation for the exchange of Christian Dvorak. This compensation gives me perplexity and laughter.
I am following Dylan Larkin with interest. What will happen? I do not know. :popcorn:

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Good centers are too expensive to acquire so we should keep all the young talent we have and take a run at the cup in 2-3 years.

Reactions: bernmeister

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
No thanks. I think Larkin is pretty overrated to be honest. Plays on a garbage team so he stands out being better than he he appears.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Can't imagine why Detroit would even consider trading it's only top 6 C for things that aren't an obviously better top 6 C. Chytil ain't it. Eichel probably ain't even it, if he doesn't get an unlikely great physical.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nope not enough, Larkin to the Rangers for Chytil+Lunkvist+NYR 2022 1st round pick+NYR 2023 2nd round pick. Even Seth Jones got the equivalent of 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round picks and Centers are worth far more then Defenseman.
Not really. Top pair D are worth an equivalent to a top 6 C. Larkin being a lower middle tier 1C.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I wonder if this could be the Base of a larger 3-way deal with
Det-Eichel
NYR -Larkin
Buff-a mix of picks and prospects

it would seem to facilitate what all 3 teams want, just about getting the proper mix of picks/prospects to Buffalo from NYR/Det

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Eichel traded in a three team trade but I think there would be war to had with NYR if they were involved in the Eichel trade and not getting him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad