Proposal: Det-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Too much

Lundkvist+Chytil would be quite a haul. Adding the 1st is a nut shot
No it isn't, Seth Jones returned an equivalent of 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. And anyone with a half of ounce of brains know that centers return more then Defenseman. That is equivalent to 3 1st round picks Larkin is worth that and more. Chytil is basically a 3C and Lunkvist a 1st pairing RD that we already have in Moritz Seider and the 2022 1st will be most likely a teen range pick period. FWIW Chytil #21st overall Lunkvist #28th overall and a 2022 1st round pick in the #13 to #15th overall. Larkin is worth that much and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbwingsfan

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
understandable, but any trade for Larkin is gonna hurt

just the way it is
Why? I get why Detroit wouldn't want to lose Larkin, but he is way more valuable to them than he is to the rest of the league. He is a low end 1C at best right now. He isn't worth, at least to the Rangers, more than what has been offered.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Why? I get why Detroit wouldn't want to lose Larkin, but he is way more valuable to them than he is to the rest of the league. He is a low end 1C at best right now. He isn't worth, at least to the Rangers, more than what has been offered.

You answered your own question. He is way more valuable to us than he is to you. That doesn’t mean that your “fair value” deal for a low-end 1C has any relevance to anything. You don’t get Larkin without a huge overpayment… regardless of what you think his value is. Detroit has negative reasons to trade him right now. It’s a “holy shit we can’t possibly pass this deal up” type of offer or Larkin isn’t heading your way. Hate it all you want, but that’s the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Larkin should stay a Red Wing, what other center options do they have?

Veleno? Rasmussen? Seems like he is far more valuable to Detroit than a team where he would be the second option like the Rangers.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No it isn't, Seth Jones returned an equivalent of 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. And anyone with a half of ounce of brains know that centers return more then Defenseman. That is equivalent to 3 1st round picks Larkin is worth that and more. Chytil is basically a 3C and Lunkvist a 1st pairing RD that we already have in Moritz Seider and the 2022 1st will be most likely a teen range pick period. FWIW Chytil #21st overall Lunkvist #28th overall and a 2022 1st round pick in the #13 to #15th overall. Larkin is worth that much and more.
Seth Jones didn't have a great season. But in fairness, in the hockey world, there's Seth Jones and then you keep scrolling until your fingers hurt and you see Larkin's name... I'm not putting Larkin down, but the media hype surrounding Jones from writers around the league has him in a completely different tier. I would have banked on him getting more from a trade when you factor in contract signing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Seth Jones got Boqvist, a 1st and a 2nd, but Columbus also gave up a 1st in the trade. If you put Jones and Larkin at equal value (which I think Jones is more of a 1D than larkin is a 1c) it looks like this:
Boqvist =< Lundkvist
1st (12th overall) => NYR 1st
2nd (44th) < Chytil
Now keep in mind Columbus also gave up a 1st round pick (32) in the trade.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Regardless of “perceived value”, defenders simply cost more than forwards, ESPECIALLY RHD.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Chytil is not basically a 3C.

Reactions: bernmeister

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Everybody wants to keep their players that they want, nobody wants to give those players to other teams, and everybody wants to avoid players that other teams don't want.

Play Lundkvist if you want him, just stop including him in your trade proposals because no one (else) does.

TkachukNorrisFacts

Makes Onions Cry
Jun 18, 2021
Everybody wants to keep their players that they want, nobody wants to give those players to other teams, and everybody wants to avoid players that other teams don't want.

Play Lundkvist if you want him, but stop including him in your trade proposals because no one (else) does.
EDIT

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
The chatter that was going around on this site just before this past years draft was..

Detriot was listening to offers on Larkin bc they wanted a top 2 pick for this or next years draft. The draft was based on detriot getting a top selection. But the offer that apparently stevie Y wanted was the 15th overall and either Nils/Kravy. You can choose to believe it or not. But thats was the word from an insider on this site.

I get if you Redwing fans dont like it but thats what Yzermans asking price. Youre not getting more than that from the rangers. So figure it out from there. Especially since I highly highly doubt that Larkin wants to resign there and keep playing for a rebuilding franchise for his prime of his career.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The chatter that was going around on this site just before this past years draft was..

Detriot was listening to offers on Larkin bc they wanted a top 2 pick for this or next years draft. The draft was based on detriot getting a top selection. But the offer that apparently stevie Y wanted was the 15th overall and either Nils/Kravy. You can choose to believe it or not. But thats was the word from an insider on this site.

I get if you Redwing fans dont like it but thats what Yzermans asking price. Youre not getting more than that from the rangers. So figure it out from there. Especially since I highly highly doubt that Larkin wants to resign there and keep playing for a rebuilding franchise for his prime of his career.
Who was this “insider”? A random HF poster?

Reactions: BStinson

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Ignoring that these:
- "Detriot was listening to offers on Larkin bc they wanted a top 2 pick for this or next years draft. "
- The draft was based on detriot getting a top selection. But the offer that apparently stevie Y wanted was the 15th overall and either Nils/Kravy

Are not even remotely the same thing...

I get if you Redwing fans dont like it but thats what Yzermans asking price.

His supposed asking price based on "just trust me" from someone who doesn't even know where the team plays. I get that you don't want to be told 'no thanks', so uh...

... figure it out from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad