Windsor Spitfires 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
How many players do the Vipers have room for? Was he sent there? Think might get a pretty good number of them in LA.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hjelholt was sent to the King Rebellion a new franchise in the OJHL,located in King County.
LaSalle will probably have room for dman Michael Lavigne and a couple of others ie Brocklehurst and Stewart.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I have my personal opinion on who stays and who is sent to the sidelines but I guess I need to be patient and see who Bowler and the coaches decide.
Depth looks real strong this year. Most of them are the 08 group. Not sure how you work that one out, lol. I wonder if they keep Beltchz up?🤔😛
Can't wait to see this roll out Wednesday!

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
May not see any real surprises till the other 3 players still at NHL camps speaking of Greentree, Protas and Spellacy, though we could see Spellacy by next Friday vs Sarnia.
As for Belchetz leading rookie scorer during the exhibition season with 6G,3A in 5 games,needs to pick it up lol,3 shorties,I-PPG,1-PPA included in that mix plus he was a +4.
Roster is down to 28 by my count,which includes 3 at NHL camps and Woodall injured.
Of the other 24 I see Lavigne, Windbiel, Stewart,Brocklehurst as the most vulnerable to be assigned though Winegard could be in that group too.
Don't get me wrong I like Brocklehurst and Windbiel it's about numbers more then anything nice problem to have in a way.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
With the Spits exhibition season over,if you has told me Spits would go 5-0 for the session but not only that but lead the league in goals for, 30 in 5,a 6.00 goals for average per game I wouldn't believe it especially when u consider that Windsor did not get a goal from the following, the entire time, Greentree played 2 games had 2 assists,Abraham played 4 games had 5 assists,Spellacy played 1 game had 1 assist, goal,Christoforo and Woodall 2 leading goal scorers from the D, last year had 1 assist each in 2 games played.
To me that's impressive, and oh I forgot,Protas played 1 game had 3 goals,and Davis played 1 game too and scored 1 goal.
Imagine if all hands were on deck.
Belchetz led the team in goal scoring with 6 in 5 GP,Morneau had 6 as well except in 4 games played,Nesbitt had 3G in 4,Martin had 3 in 5,should note Morneau had 8 points in 4 games,rookie Ethan Garden had 5 points in 5 games with 1G,Brocklehurst had 3 assists in 5 games,Lemieux had 2 goals in 4 games and Hicks another 16 year old had 2 assists in 5 games played.
Of the 27 skaters that played excluding goalies only 3 didn't register a point.
Stewart,Morgan and Lavigne were the ones.
Aside the from the torrid scoring Spits allowed 17 goals in the 5 games a 3.40 average but only 8 were at even strength, I will take that any day.
Areas to cleanup would be the PK ,77.7% and the PP at 19.2%.
I feel a full lineup every night will clean that up those.
numbers moving forward hopefully 5 % better in each category.
Now in comparison last year Spits finished 1-4 in exhibition scoring only 16 goals but allowing 25,PP numbers were 18.2 and PK was 68.2
In the 22 pre season Savard's last year Spits were 4-2,scored 32 goals and allowed 22 goals in 6 games,PP was 18.5 and PK was 81.5.
Finally in 2021,Savard's 1st year Spits were 2-4 in exhibition, scored 20 and allowed goals 31,PP was 17.9% and PK was 78.6

Reactions: Cherrydon

thespitslurker

Aug 29, 2024
The Spits did very well this preseason. Players like Abraham, Nesbitt, Morneau and especially Belchetz are making me very excited for this year our offense is gonna be good. The D and goaltending will hopefully be a lot more confident so hopefully that helps them improve. As for final cuts it'll probably be Lavigne, Hicks, Brocklehurst, Stewart and maybe Lemieux and Hicks. If I had to project lineups it might be something like this (but honestly u could jumble the top 9 because its that stacked):

Davis-Abraham-Greentree
Belchetz-Spellacy-Protas
Nesbitt-Morneau-Outwater
Garden-Martin-Gaymes
Greenwell

Mathurin-Cristoforo
Woodall-Walton
Manzo-Eichler
Winegard

Costanzo-Froggett-Windbiel

Ad

Upcoming events